Become a Patron!

Coughing and sub ohm mods

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am currently using a Halo Triton which I love, it has great flavor and decent vapor. Most importantly, it is easy to fill and I don't cough from using it!
I have a Sigelei 75w temp control mod with a Herkules tank. I had to put it aside and step down to my Triton because I was coughing so darn much. I was using 80/20 with 2mg of nic at 30w and 350 temp and I was coughing a lot... I also was having liquid coughs and the sniffles.
What is a proper setting I can put my mod at in order to reduce the coughing? I would like to be able to use it, I don't want to see my money wasted. Thanks!

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dial down the wattage, maybe even the temp. The only things that make me cough is a tart flavor or really hot vape, that can usually be fine tuned with airflow but sometimes you just got to turn it down.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dial down the wattage, maybe even the temp. The only things that make me cough is a tart flavor or really hot vape, that can usually be fine tuned with airflow but sometimes you just got to turn it down.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Thank you! I am going to try :)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am currently using a Halo Triton which I love, it has great flavor and decent vapor. Most importantly, it is easy to fill and I don't cough from using it!
I have a Sigelei 75w temp control mod with a Herkules tank. I had to put it aside and step down to my Triton because I was coughing so darn much. I was using 80/20 with 2mg of nic at 30w and 350 temp and I was coughing a lot... I also was having liquid coughs and the sniffles.
What is a proper setting I can put my mod at in order to reduce the coughing? I would like to be able to use it, I don't want to see my money wasted. Thanks!
52968846.jpg

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I am trying to figure out this meme...
I am no doctor, that's for sure! I simply noticed I coughed when I used my mod and now that I haven't vaped from it for three weeks or so, the coughing has stopped.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am trying to figure out this meme...
I am no doctor, that's for sure! I simply noticed I coughed when I used my mod and now that I haven't vaped from it for three weeks or so, the coughing has stopped.
Im saying simply no one on this forum can tell you why you are coughing see a Doctor... If could be X= TAN for all we know

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are using the herakles for TC MODE?
Is the herakles using TC coil heads?

VAPE ON
I believe so. I will be returning to the vape shop this week and get some answers to my questions.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I believe so. I will be returning to the vape shop this week and get some answers to my questions.
You know some people actually are sensitive to Nickle and in the vape world I would recommend offing that NI myself I do not use it myself due to the taste and the odd results I got.. Maybe getting a tank or coils with Stainless could be a help..
Anything beyond ?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been seeing a lot of this lately, vendors should educate new VAPERS, and VAPERS should do ur research, and always try a sample at the VAPE shop before you buy it online, like for example
The op is obviously don't have any idea what's going on,if only vendors gave her/him education or make them try it first before purchasing this issue wouldn't exist..

VAPE ON

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Going from a triton to a herakles is a big step. When I first tried subtanks, I coughed - it took time, small mouth to lung draws, and patience.

I also had to reduce my nicotine by half, and i increased the ratio of my mixes so there was more VG - PG is pretty harsh.

If you smoked for a long time, your lungs need time to recover, and subohming really reminds you of the damage you did! But I rarely cough now, so there's hope:D

And, as others have said, unless you were using a nickel coil, go back into power mode starting around 20 watts and see if that helps.

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You know some people actually are sensitive to Nickle and in the vape world I would recommend offing that NI myself I do not use it myself due to the taste and the odd results I got.. Maybe getting a tank or coils with Stainless could be a help..
Anything beyond ?
I will inquire about the coils and find out. Thank you.

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been seeing a lot of this lately, vendors should educate new VAPERS, and VAPERS should do ur research, and always try a sample at the VAPE shop before you buy it online, like for example
The op is obviously don't have any idea what's going on,if only vendors gave her/him education or make them try it first before purchasing this issue wouldn't exist..

VAPE ON
I agree. I tried doing research, but because I don't understand the terminology I was floundering at the vape shop. Since then I have found another shop that better understands my predicament and I am going to bring my mod there. Thank you.

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Going from a triton to a herakles is a big step. When I first tried subtanks, I coughed - it took time, small mouth to lung draws, and patience.

I also had to reduce my nicotine by half, and i increased the ratio of my mixes so there was more VG - PG is pretty harsh.

If you smoked for a long time, your lungs need time to recover, and subohming really reminds you of the damage you did! But I rarely cough now, so there's hope:D

And, as others have said, unless you were using a nickel coil, go back into power mode starting around 20 watts and see if that helps.
Yes I agree, this was too big of a step for me, and I am disappointed in the lack of education that I got from my initial vape shop. I tried doing research on my own, but decided to join a couple of forums so that you guys could help me. I greatly appreciate all the help.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree. I tried doing research, but because I don't understand the terminology I was floundering at the vape shop. Since then I have found another shop that better understands my predicament and I am going to bring my mod there. Thank you.
Most of the time workers at the VAPE shops are clueless what they sell, this are students sometimes not VAPERS, now ur a member of this forum, make time to ask questions be patient people here are very helpful and there's always somebody here 24 hours a day. I have the herakles the original not TC ,it came with a .6 ohms vapes 50 watts it's a hot VAPE, didn't like it it's a battery/amps killer i think the coil heads uses NICHROME VERTICAL PARALLEL
And that's why I ask HERKULES??

VAPE ON

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What nicotine level are you vaping? I recently found out this was my issue. Whenever I was vaping higher than 6 it's a little rougher. everyone's different though

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not everyone agrees, but I think sub ohm tanks are terrible for mouth to lung vaping. They're designed to be used with lots of airflow and lots of power (direct lung hits). Having a Triton makes me think you're mouth to lunging. Should have bought an Aspire Nautilus or Nautilus mini.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not necessarily. Even with 90% VG my nose can run if I'm chain vaping - I suspect the nic, but I'm not sure!
I'm waiting for the OP to update her situation, she's a newbie, and was sold something she didn't have any idea what's she was getting.. On that note, I never had any problem on high VG, 50-50 60-40pg will for sure give me runny nose...

VAPE ON

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm waiting for the OP to update her situation, she's a newbie, and was sold something she didn't have any idea what's she was getting.. On that note, I never had any problem on high VG, 50-50 60-40pg will for sure give me runny nose...

VAPE ON
I posted earlier in the thread!

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well I've been though 2 Sig75wTC's that didn't do TC so well, or at all sometimes. I would easily jump to the conclusion if a Sig75w is being used in TC and someone is coughing the problem is that the temperature setting is between way off to not doing anything.
If in power mode it should be fine, but that's only based on my experience with that mod.

I wouldn't assume changing tanks fixing it rules that out. On my 2nd one I can get it to do TC mode sort of, it's a matter of changing stuff until it kicks in.
Neither of mine had dry coil protection, liquid feed/burning liquid is something else that changing tanks could provide results going from coughing to not coughing.

With the Sig75wTC I would try a different TC mod or use it in power mode until you were sure that Sig actually works in TC mode.

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not everyone agrees, but I think sub ohm tanks are terrible for mouth to lung vaping. They're designed to be used with lots of airflow and lots of power (direct lung hits). Having a Triton makes me think you're mouth to lunging. Should have bought an Aspire Nautilus or Nautilus mini.
I have been seriously considering this. The Nautilus looks like it would be more of what I want.

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

VAPE ON
I am eyeballing a nautilus. The Herakles is too loose of a draw.
I am also stuck with alot of juices at 12 or 18mg of nic. If I were to mix the same flavor but with 0mg of nic, would that subsequently lower the nic to 6 and 9mg., respectively?
Also, why do the shops recommend a lower nic strength when it comes to vaping off of a mod compared to a pen?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am also stuck with alot of juices at 12 or 18mg of nic. If I were to mix the same flavor but with 0mg of nic, would that subsequently lower the nic to 6 and 9mg., respectively?
Also, why do the shops recommend a lower nic strength when it comes to vaping off of a mod compared to a pen?
You jump too fast...
I don't know anything about nicotine and juice or how to lower the nicotine level mixing etcc
Remember when u buy juice
Ask about the pg/VG ratio most of this guys don't have any idea what they sell,
The higher the pg the more flavor and throat hit, it's a harsh VAPE especially if u drip it or in a subohm tanks. That's why most dripper prefer high VG liquids.. Pen users on the other hand or high resistance VAPERS they prefer that harsh tight draw cuz it imitates a cigarette more...
The nautilus tank has a tight draw, that will be good for for a start for u

VAPE ON

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yes, if you add a zero nicotine juice in the same quanities as the original you half the nic content.

With a pen type setup you get much less of a nic hit. Once you go to something like a subtank you get much more nic - which is why most of us reduce nic.

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I really appreciate everyone's help. I purchased a Nautilus Mini and WOW what a difference!!! My mod is completely enjoyable and usable. I am so thankful for everyone's help, I was getting frustrated with my tank and I am so happy that I can use it now :)

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Putting 12 or 18 nic in my Herakles would leave me on the floor! I use 3 nic with the Herk. Also, the Herakles is a hot running tank with dense vapor and great flavor but start low on the power. Many tanks like the Crown and Atlantis V2 run much cooler. I love my Herakles but sometimes need less intense. I am refering to the 0.6 ohm kanthal btw. Also, I thought I would never outgrow mouth to lung, but I did. This did take 2 or 3 months after 17 years of analogs and maybe a year of Kanger EVOD before trying sub ohm.

VU Sponsors