VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If that offer is still good VJ, I'd love to take you up on it and try some of the Rayon. I've been a die hard Ekowool user but just ordered some Cotton Labo Organic Cotton the other day but it's coming from Japan so it will be a while. Happy to pay shipping to try a little bit. Thanks.
I actually had a lot of responses for that, and used a lot for the PiF boxes, but I do believe there was another thread where [user]The Ocelot[/user] mentioned having some left for people who wanted to try it.

KREAM

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I actually had a lot of responses for that, and used a lot for the PiF boxes, but I do believe there was another thread where [user]The Ocelot[/user] mentioned having some left for people who wanted to try it.

No worries and thanks. Because there was some age on your post, that same night I ordered some off of Ebay to try. 15 feet for $4.50 w/free shipping. It will get here well before the japaneese cotton.

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Cotton is good. Until you try rayon.
I started vaping with regular cotton balls, then went to organic cotton, japanese cotton, angel hair, & Saturday I got in an order of rayon/cellucotton I bought from a vendor on Ebay. Reading through these posts about how much cleaner burning, super absorbent rayon was, I was amped to try it.

So I cleaned out my Vulcan dripper, & put in some rayon/cellucotton, filled it with my best liquid, Loopy from Totallyvapedout.com, & took a draw. And true to the claims, it IS cleaner burning, & has a MUCH more pure, pronounced vape than I had been getting. And my clouds seemed to be so much more intense, and copious in their density.

I had no odd after taste, & the flavor came through much more pronounced & flavorful, so at this point, I will be using rayon/cellucotton primarily, in my drippers, & in my Taifuns & Kayfuns. Not gonna throw out my Angel Hair by any means, but I will use it as a backup or to share should a friend need some, but rayon is my new go to wicking medium. And in my previous wicking medium, I had detected an odd after taste, which I contributed to my taste being somewhat muted, or hindered, but none of that with the rayon.

Now I realize anything can be subjective, but my taste buds have always seemed to be more sensitive to different tastes, & textures, so I don't feel that other's opinions could be leading or subjective in this case, but that I got a true taste experience, and can attest to the value of rayon. Ok, so I have rambled on enough now, I'll just suffice it to be that rayon is THE wicking medium of choice for me. That's my opinion, & I'm sticking to it....:)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Daniel, I'm so glad you like it - it's all I've used for months and months. I tried a bit of cotton the other day to see if I was exaggerating, and the taste was instantly muted again!

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Daniel, I'm so glad you like it - it's all I've used for months and months. I tried a bit of cotton the other day to see if I was exaggerating, and the taste was instantly muted again!
Amanda,
I made another post about my Vulcan, so I'll ask you, with the top cap, is it supposed to be really easy to take off, or should it be a little snugger? I'm always afraid I'll tip it over and the cap fall off and hit the floor. Scratching, or denting my mods or drippers would be an unforgivable sin for me, so I just want to be extra careful with them. Maybe I'm too careful, but I just have the idea I should baby my stuff, money does not grow on trees... but sometimes my wife seems to think it does......lmao

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Daniel, I don't have a Vulcan, so I can't say. But if a top if hard to take off a little VG before it goes on helps. If it's too loose dental floss wrapped around the threads should tighten it up a bit if you don't have a thicker 'o' ring.

It is better to do some fact check before spreading misinformation.
Blah blah blah. Hipster propaganda. Blah blah blah.

Sorry for the necro post. But I gotta. I love reading hipster BS about organics and then see "do some fact check." The approved list of pesticides for organic crops is quite long and a lot of them are just as toxic as the banned from organics group. Not to mention the loop hole which allows banned pesticides to be used in organic crops. Chlorine, ammonium, cocktails, all are allowed and all are used. In fact, they have to use about 4 times the amount. Hope they don't build up in the plants..

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-id...xt&node=7:3.1.1.9.32.7&idno=7#sg7.3.205.g.sg0 - Approved list.

http://www.geneticliteracyproject.o...demonization-organic-farmers-widely-use-them/ -Generalized article.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I learned the perfect amount of what ever you like is perfect for you. Fluffy wick holds more juice. Cotton on Genesis coils make them wick better. Trap, never heard of anyone getting Banned from here, far as I know we have no rules. :cool:

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Those of you wondering about cotton bacon it has to be dental cotton. The only reason I say this is because the other cotton I use is called wicked cotton and it is dental cotton and is identical to cotton bacon. I love both of them better than cellucotton oranic cotton haven't tried RXW yet probably want try it . The bacon and wicked cotton are great for me.

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
I stopped using anything that says "cotton" in it :p I'm 100% Pure ElfWick Now :cool:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those of you wondering about cotton bacon it has to be dental cotton. The only reason I say this is because the other cotton I use is called wicked cotton and it is dental cotton and is identical to cotton bacon. I love both of them better than cellucotton oranic cotton haven't tried RXW yet probably want try it . The bacon and wicked cotton are great for me.

Yep, no difference.

I got a sampler a few months back of Cotton Bacon V2 when I bought my Squape and liked it. I heard that it was just sterilized medical/dental cotton and found a 1 LB roll of it for $12 and decided to try it. Yep, same thing but when you get the 1 LB roll not only is it vastly cheaper than Cotton Bacon but in a giant roll with the fibers running the length of the roll not the width. I was also at my local B&M the other day and they use Cotton Bacon for their house cotton. I also did a comparison, no difference. Then to insure it wasn't just me I had the guy behind the counter and a couple other people next to me check for themselves.

Only difference is the price, I honestly believe all they do is buy the Sterile Medical/Dental cotton, roll it out, cut it into squares, repackage it and sell it for 100x what they paid for it.

I bought another roll since it's so damn cheap, so I've got two 1 LB (12" wide) rolls of Richmond Sterile Dental cotton. I don't think I'll have to buy cotton again and the cotton is so light and fluffy no need to "Scottish Roll" like you I used to do with the squares.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, no difference.

I got a sampler a few months back of Cotton Bacon V2 when I bought my Squape and liked it. I heard that it was just sterilized medical/dental cotton and found a 1 LB roll of it for $12 and decided to try it. Yep, same thing but when you get the 1 LB roll not only is it vastly cheaper than Cotton Bacon but in a giant roll with the fibers running the length of the roll not the width. I was also at my local B&M the other day and they use Cotton Bacon for their house cotton. I also did a comparison, no difference. Then to insure it wasn't just me I had the guy behind the counter and a couple other people next to me check for themselves.

Only difference is the price, I honestly believe all they do is buy the Sterile Medical/Dental cotton, roll it out, cut it into squares, repackage it and sell it for 100x what they paid for it.

I bought another roll since it's so damn cheap, so I've got two 1 LB (12" wide) rolls of Richmond Sterile Dental cotton. I don't think I'll have to buy cotton again and the cotton is so light and fluffy no need to "Scottish Roll" like you I used to do with the squares.
Where did you purchase it?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where did you purchase it?

I got it off ebay, you can also get it from a number of Medical supply company's, here's one who lists it for $16.42

http://www.4mdmedical.com/index.php...21a4zeccqiGOI06GDUx7oaAiw88P8HAQ#.VrE4N0ISgr4

I do see the "non-sterile" for cheaper, but haven't tried it. This stuff has worked for me very well and as I mentioned myself and others see no difference with a direct comparison to Cotton Bacon V2. I actually prefer it due to the fluffiness, the size and how the fibers run the "length" of the roll.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got it off ebay, you can also get it from a number of Medical supply company's, here's one who lists it for $16.42

http://www.4mdmedical.com/index.php...21a4zeccqiGOI06GDUx7oaAiw88P8HAQ#.VrE4N0ISgr4

I do see the "non-sterile" for cheaper, but haven't tried it. This stuff has worked for me very well and as I mentioned myself and others see no difference with a direct comparison to Cotton Bacon V2. I actually prefer it due to the fluffiness, the size and how the fibers run the "length" of the roll.
Thank you for the link.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use american pima cotton... keeps flavor and saturates longer than any other cotton ive tried, plus its more forgiving to dry hits than other cotton ive tried.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Elfwick is good stuff. Not necessarily better or worse, just different. But in a good way. I dig it.
Yeah since using it for this last week, it has it's place. What I like is if you get a burnt hit it doesn't spoil, and just apply more juice and go. Very handy when I'm sporting a rowdy build on my Noisy Cricket.

I've been digging it so far, don't think I'll pay the $6-8 for it, but if I see it on sale I'll pick more up.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@martnargh I ran out of wick the other day and I just picked up some Native Wicks (Pima) the other day from a local vape shop (thats all they had in stock) and its pretty good. VERY CLEAN... My one wick I've been using for about 5 days still comes completely white after dry heating. Been using it in my RDAs and its a champ but It's just not really working well with my RTA. It holds A lot of juice, it just takes a bit longer to absorb it leading to a dry hit here and there.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Do you guys know a good place to get Japanese cotton pads shipping from the U.S? Preferably Muji, kG... Thanks in advance.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you cant get a PIF of the rayon from someone then the cellucotton(rayon) your after is Graham box #44060, that's the 500 foot box. You can get it at Sallys beauty salons, amazon or ebay.

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rayon is awesome. Use the cellucotton in the blue box from Amazon. Doesn't taste like dirt! :)

I'd be willing to bet if we used galvanized wire for coils and asbestos for wicking, the vape would still be less hazardous than a damn cigarette!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Ha, saves me trying cotton. :) I will stick with the church of Holy Rayon. :)

Calikid

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Regular cotton is bleached with bleach. The organic cotton I use is whitened with hydrogen peroxide. I don't want to vape bleach and pesticides but to each his own.
Yes. I get mine at sprouts and it's Certified organic cotton whitened with hydrogen peroxide. I just feel safer that way.

I use coolwhic they have Geisha Quilts in a 20 pack and a staple cotton that they call private reserve. Bomb.com!!! I think I'very tried every cotton brand on the market and CoolWhic is where it's at. If you guys want to check it out I purchased mines from socalivc.com

Calikid

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use coolwhic they have Geisha Quilts in a 20 pack and a staple cotton that they call private reserve. Bomb.com!!! I think I'very tried every cotton brand on the market and CoolWhic is where it's at. If you guys want to check it out I purchased mines from socalivc.com

Hi Queen :)
I was able to find some Certified Organic Cotton that was whitened with Hydrogen Peroxide that tastes ok here at a health food store. At least no bleach. It seems ok. I'll look online for the ones you mentioned. At least I have some wicks for now. :) Thanks

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Queen :)
I was able to find some Certified Organic Cotton that was whitened with Hydrogen Peroxide that tastes ok here at a health food store. At least no bleach. It seems ok. I'll look online for the ones you mentioned. At least I have some wicks for now. :) Thanks
Koh gen Do is my go to, around $11 for 80 large pads on Amazon. I've tried a lot of Cotton and always go back.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just go around town looking for old couches and recliners put out for the garbage man. I take the seat cushions home, slit a gash in the fabric and use the filling for my wicks. Gives extra flavor. I don't use the back cushions because there is no extra flavor.

But seriously, I'm thinking of trying cellucotton soon. Too many people all around the net who swear by it to not try it.

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I just go around town looking for old couches and recliners put out for the garbage man. I take the seat cushions home, slit a gash in the fabric and use the filling for my wicks. Gives extra flavor. I don't use the back cushions because there is no extra flavor.

But seriously, I'm thinking of trying cellucotton soon. Too many people all around the net who swear by it to not try it.
Kind of like using oil used to fry fish to fry french fries... Added flavors!!

Calikid

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Thanks eSmoka I'm laughing so hard right now I can barely vape. I really needed that humor right now so thanks !! :)

Bigbob2322

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

You will love it if you do it right. Remember 2 or 3 times the amount compared to cotton, you should hold the end of the coil as you pull it through so it wont deform the coil. After 1 tank flavor really pops.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You will love it if you do it right. Remember 2 or 3 times the amount compared to cotton, you should hold the end of the coil as you pull it through so it wont deform the coil. After 1 tank flavor really pops.
I can't stand the taste or the dry scratchy throat I get from Rayon

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If I can find a small enough amount at a reasonable price, I'll give it a shot.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Right, but I'm not buying 40ft of material unless I know I'm gonna use it. I have enough Organic Cotton to last me until I die and limited space to store things.

Calikid

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Right, but I'm not buying 40ft of material unless I know I'm gonna use it. I have enough Organic Cotton to last me until I die and limited space to store things.

Got you. Sounds like us. We moved from a 2 story house in Texas that was 2950 Sq Ft to California in a 750sq ft over priced apartment.

Calikid

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
eSMOKA I sent you that conversation because I was not sure if I was allowed to post links in here.
You might have seen it already. Sounds interesting to me but looks scary.

Calikid

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
CelluCotton is 100% Rayon. The cotton is in the brand name. The box says 100% rayon fibers that I posted.

VU Sponsors