Become a Patron!

Cotton Bacon Prime

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Has anybody tested this? How does it compare to the good old trusted Cotton Bacon v2?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've used it for a couple weeks now. It's very absorbent, no break-in taste at all, lasts a good amount of time. Mine lasts for about a week, but I use no sweeteners in my juice. But when it's time to change it, you know it. Funky doesn't even begin to describe it, and it does it overnight.
Personally, I think I'll stick with the v2, it's not worth the extra cost to me to switch to Prime. You may feel differently.

entropy1049

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Didn’t want to like it but I do. Definitely faster wicking, runs nice in rta’s. I would also agree, faster break in than CB2, 3-5 pulls vs 8-10.

10 bags for less than $6 a bag from a US seller on eBay. When I extinguish the 25 or so bags of CB2 I have on hand I’ll make the switch.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Didn’t want to like it but I do. Definitely faster wicking, runs nice in rta’s. I would also agree, faster break in than CB2, 3-5 pulls vs 8-10.

10 bags for less than $6 a bag from a US seller on eBay. When I extinguish the 25 or so bags of CB2 I have on hand I’ll make the switch.
I didn't have high expectations but I wicked today and I'm pleasantly surprised. I've got it in two RDA'S and an RTA. Lowest amount of of break in, wicks very well and I've been enjoying it so far.

Only down side so far is they cut into strips, wish it would be just one coiled up strip. Only reason I see them cutting into strips is so you waste more.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I didn't have high expectations but I wicked today and I'm pleasantly surprised. I've got it in two RDA'S and an RTA. Lowest amount of of break in, wicks very well and I've been enjoying it so far.

Only down side so far is they cut into strips, wish it would be just one coiled up strip. Only reason I see them cutting into strips is so you waste more.

that’s quite endorsement you pretty much only use KGD don’t you r055co?

Gonna have to try some

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
that’s quite endorsement you pretty much only use KGD don’t you r055co?

Gonna have to try some
Yeah it's worth a try, only started Vaping on it today but so far I'm impressed. Will it replace my beloved Koh gen Do? Time will tell

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Been using it since the day before yesterday. Agreed that it has cleaner taste especially from the start, i.e. almost no break in period, and, yeah.. wicks faster, lasts longer. I made the switch from Cotton Bacon v2 to Native Wicks Platinum Blend some time ago, and now I'm definitely switching to this Cotton Bacon Prime stuff. The improvement is not subtle, and it's dirt cheap anyway.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I've used it for a couple weeks now. It's very absorbent, no break-in taste at all, lasts a good amount of time. Mine lasts for about a week, but I use no sweeteners in my juice. But when it's time to change it, you know it. Funky doesn't even begin to describe it, and it does it overnight.
Personally, I think I'll stick with the v2, it's not worth the extra cost to me to switch to Prime. You may feel differently.

Mine lasted seven days fine, I wanted to keep it in longer, see if I could get 10 days but the coil was too gunked up

I will say it did keep a fresh taste much longer than CB

EDIT: longer than CB V2

Last edited:

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Been using it since the day before yesterday. Agreed that it has cleaner taste especially from the start, i.e. almost no break in period, and, yeah.. wicks faster, lasts longer. I made the switch from Cotton Bacon v2 to Native Wicks Platinum Blend some time ago, and now I'm definitely switching to this Cotton Bacon Prime stuff. The improvement is not subtle, and it's dirt cheap anyway.

I haven't been in the game very long, so I only know Muji, Kendo and Cotton Bacon v2. The latter is my favourite to date.
Native Wicks and CB Prime to arrive next week (ordered a moment ago). After all the feedback, I'm getting really curious and looking forward to that... :crazy:

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I haven't been in the game very long, so I only know Muji, Kendo and Cotton Bacon v2. The latter is my favourite to date.
Native Wicks and CB Prime to arrive next week (ordered a moment ago). After all the feedback, I'm getting really curious and looking forward to that... :crazy:
Bacon prime and Kendo Gold are my personal favorites. Native platinum in 3rd place there. I think you'll be happy with both of those you have coming in.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
update: Got Cotton Bacon Prime and Native Wicks Platinum in the post today. Not really impressed with NW, seems to have a taste to it, similar to Muji. But CBP left a quite good first impression. Need to compare a bit more to see if it's worth paying more for it than for CB v2.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Cotton bacon prime and cotton bacon v2 still my favorite cotton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors