Hang on rayon is used in CB?? o_O

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Surprisingly enough, it doesn't feel as soft as the v2 to me. Actually feels a little rougher, like the v1 bacon. But there's no cotton taste at all, and I do get a little bit of that break-in taste from v2, just not much. It's good, dunno if it'll last any longer than v2 of course, but so far it's great. Wouldn't spend the extra money for no more difference so far, but I like it.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Is it still cut into 10 pieces?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll more than likely try it then just go back to my trusty Koh gen Do ;)

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One thing I have to say is it shitty that they cut CB in strips. Every now and again I'll use Native Wicks Platinum and it's in one long coil. I've also tried F5 Supima along with other premium cottons and most all are one coil that you just cut off what you need. Less waste and IMO easier more convenient ya know.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Agreed that Native Wicks Platinum Blend is easier to clapton...

All joking aside: CB 2.0 is not as soft as NWPB, but for me the latter gives a slightly cleaner taste and a much shorter break-in period, and it lasts a day longer.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The softest I've ever worked with was the Cotton Candy Collection, but the break in taste is horrid! One of their claims to fame is 100% NO break in taste, but I beg to differ. :blech:

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
The thing is, I can't actually tell if it's wicking 33% faster like Wick N Vape says it does. You would really have to have the same exact build on the same exact RDA on the same exact mod with the same exact battery, and then weigh out the same amount of wick with the same exact dimensions (cut) to be able to tell. But, so far the wicking doesn't suck - no dry hits even if I try. Also (to me at least), it seems to pull apart about the same as the 2.0.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The thing is, I can't actually tell if it's wicking 33% faster like Wick N Vape says it does. You would really have to have the same exact build on the same exact RDA on the same exact mod with the same exact battery, and then weigh out the same amount of wick with the same exact dimensions (cut) to be able to tell. But, so far the wicking doesn't suck - no dry hits even if I try. Also (to me at least), it seems to pull apart about the same as the 2.0.

Mine came today - and while I can't tell if it's 33% faster wicking, I will say it definitely wicks a lot faster than CB V2

Rewicked my trusty old Merlin RTA with it, which I have vaped just about every single day since I got it when they first came out - summer of 16? The coil is at least 2 months old, so I know how it acts and am using the same juice I always vape in it

I usually wet one side of the wick, do the other, then go back and repeat the process, and dab a little in the juice control holes

When I wet the first side, it soaked right in and I could see it had already soaked some in the cotton down in the juice channel. By the time I did the other side the first side was saturated and I didn't have to dab the cotton through the hole on either side

Once I had it back together, it began wicking immediately after I turned it over; usually I have to give it a pull to make it start wicking

I'm one of those super-tasters - and am tasting the cotton, but it is less strong than the V2

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine came today - and while I can't tell if it's 33% faster wicking, I will say it definitely wicks a lot faster than CB V2
I'm one of those super-tasters - and am tasting the cotton, but it is less strong than the V2

so in your mind whats the best cotton for rebuildables?
Im still using japanese cotton..

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
so in your mind whats the best cotton for rebuildables?
Im still using japanese cotton..

I like CB over anything else - It's long lasting, wicks well and easy to use - a lot of people love their KGD or other pads

We'll see if the Prime holds up

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had the Prime in the tank I'm using right now for a week. It does need changed, as it's pretty much saturated, but the flavor is still pretty darn good. And I've noticed that it doesn't grasp onto flavors; if I change flavors, it only takes a couple hits to wash away the previous flavor, doesn't hang around. (My descriptions may be a bit muddled, still on my first cuppa) That's one of the things I used to like about rayon before it started making me cough and I quit using it, cleaner flavor changes.

Supercwazy

Member For 4 Years
Hi guys. Two people who've been using bacon prime have told me that it doesn't last as long as bacon v2. Is this true?

Unfortunately, our local vape shop sold out before I could buy some. I have vaped on it though, and it was great. But hows it for longevity?

A bacon V2 wick lasts me ages! Because I use aliens and strictly no deserts in my wasp, my coil takes forever to gunk, if at all, and my bacon v2 wick just keeps on going, like an energiser bunny :)

Does prime live up to v2?

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hi guys. Two people who've been using bacon prime have told me that it doesn't last as long as bacon v2. Is this true?

Unfortunately, our local vape shop sold out before I could buy some. I have vaped on it though, and it was great. But hows it for longevity?

A bacon V2 wick lasts me ages! Because I use aliens and strictly no deserts in my wasp, my coil takes forever to gunk, of at all, and my bacon v2 wick just keeps on going, like an energiser bunny :)

I haven't been able to get past seven days because my coils do gunk up - but I can tell you IME it stays fresher tasting for a longer time than the V2

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No. At least for me, it's the other way around.
It lasts about a day longer than the v2 for me, sometimes even longer still. For the sake of reference I should probably note I usually vape at fairly high wattages (120 watts and beyond), using mostly medium-sized Nichrome80 aliens in an RDA.
A bacon V2 wick lasts me ages! Because I use aliens and strictly no deserts in my wasp, my coil takes forever to gunk, if at all, and my bacon v2 wick just keeps on going, like an energiser bunny :)

For me, Prime has definitely replaced v2 as well as has also replaced Native Wicks Platinum Blend. Right off the bat Prime gives noticeably cleaner taste, and it wicks consistently faster all the way until the end so it lasts longer giving noticeably much slower gunking of the coils whereas the v2 tends to more gradually start to go down in performance at a much earlier stage until finally the clouds become too anemic... if that makes sense.

Supercwazy

Member For 4 Years
Exactly what I was hoping to hear. Thanks guys.

I totally agree about prime giving a much cleaner taste. I have vaped on it a bit, just not in my own setup. And the vape shop owner insisted that I vape the cotton till it was dry. I was amazed by the result. Dry as it was, I was still getting flavour off it, lol, and no dry hit. Bacon v2 was also pretty good in this regard, but I think prime is better. Was just the longevity issue which concerned me, but you guys have pretty much laid that concern to rest.

Just ordered some online a short while ago, so hopefully I will be putting it to the test soon :)

I honestly thought it would never get better than bacon v2, but after this, I won't be surprised if cotton bacon still have yet another release after prime, up their sleeve...

But guess time will tell. It's all about prime for now :) hehe.

VU Sponsors