Become a Patron!

Cottage cheese lungs

yorkballin

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
After vaping short-term but doing it a lot we all know that the that the vapor e-juice creates a vapor mist that's mostly water or all water that can be consumed and it goes into your lungs and in a short-term it causes what's called cottage cheese long does anybody know anything about this because from what I'm done to stand it's killed a couple of people from pneumonia they didn't know what was wrong with them because that's never happened before but it happens to be due to Vapor mist tell me something good tell me something bad

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

yorkballin

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah but Vapor mist is damn near 90% water it's a mist I can feel it going down my throat that's water going into our lungs though it can be consumed because we're 98% water doing it hard and heavy

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
To my knowledge, there has never been a proven reported case of any type of lung illness caused directly by vaping.

It's actually been quite the opposite. I can personally testify that vaping reversed by Asthma and COPD. And I know others who have had the same success.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What country do you live in?

yorkballin

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm in the US alright I'm in Phoenix Arizona in the US but I was just talking with a gentleman who had a pack of cigarettes in his pocket and he said all he did was Vape it got him stopping it got him off of cigarettes and the whole nine yards but he did research and found out about cottage cheese lungs and he said to his knowledge to people that he knew died directly from cottage cheese lungs and pneumonia from vaping

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm in the US alright I'm in Phoenix Arizona in the US but I was just talking with a gentleman who had a pack of cigarettes in his pocket and he said all he did was Vape it got him stopping it got him off of cigarettes and the whole nine yards but he did research and found out about cottage cheese lungs and he said to his knowledge to people that he knew died directly from cottage cheese lungs and pneumonia from vaping

Obviously you were conversing with an idiot.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
There has never been a confirmed case of anyone dying directly from vaping. Nic overdose by ingestion, yes... but never from the act of vaping.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
There is a thing called POPCORN LUNG, which is a real disease. It is very rare and can be read about here:
http://www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/popcorn-lung

People who worked at a microwave popcorn plant got the disease from inhaling a chemical called diacetyl.

Some flavorings found in vaping do contain a small degree of diacetyl. However the amount is so minute that the odds are beyond slim. In fact cigarettes contain much more diacetyl than any e-liquid.

There are zero cases of anyone getting popcorn lung from vaping.

More on popcorn lung and vaping can be read here
http://vaping360.com/popcorn-lung/

BAM crew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Only side effect from my 4+ years of vaping is I can do more stuff outside and not be short of breath sitting down recouping. I can smell a fly fart from across the yard, long forgotten what some foods taste like and generally be more active. Its her second hand smoke that will cause more damage than your vapor ever will. I can't be bothered dealing with those who refuse to open their mind but believe the worst.
Here in BC Canada with all the forest fires and super dry, its now a 500+ dollar fine to get caught flicking a cig out of your car window no matter where you are and OMFG people are documenting the cig flick with licence plate, place and description with pics and video. They are posting on FB and other medias and people are getting fined from the postings. Many of the fires are confirmed cig related but I don't see cigs getting banned.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hey cottage cheese lung is way better than the dreaded sperm drowning that has been killing hookers recently.

Oh and if you smoke watch out for the very horrible and painful fried chicken lung

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
1) Google Cottage cheese lungs
2) See that the ONLY link to the term Cottage cheese lungs is THIS ONE
3) Feel pretty fucking stupid for bothering to google Cottage cheese lungs:facepalm:

yorkballin

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Listen I've been vaping now for 10 months I'm completely free of smoking cigarettes I can smell somebody who smokes a cigarette around the corner before they even show their face I didn't know about taptalk then when I found out about it I have concerns and I wanted to know if other people had the same concerns isn't it this is a chat Forum right

yorkballin

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I understand what popcorn lung is I wasn't talking about popcorn like I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about a young man that I just met who was vaping for years up to a year ago and now he's smoking cigarettes again because of what he learned about cottage cheese lungs so I figured I'd bring it up in a form be a good topic what you want me to talk about the sweat on my balls so if it's a health issue problem that you don't want to hear you ain't got to read my post

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Listen I've been vaping now for 10 months I'm completely free of smoking cigarettes I can smell somebody who smokes a cigarette around the corner before they even show their face I didn't know about taptalk then when I found out about it I have concerns and I wanted to know if other people had the same concerns isn't it this is a chat Forum right

Yes, it is. I've given you the answers you were seeking.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No, you can talk about a lot of stuff here, and if you have questions, you're free to ask away. But, really, no one has died from cottage cheese lung because they vaped. I know of no one, ever reported, that actually died from vaping ejuice. We're just letting you know. Studies have been done that reported vaping to be 95% safer than smoking cigarettes. Cigarettes have WAY more diacetyl, and other harmful chemicals, than vaping.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

Like I said I googled it and the only time Cottage cheese lungs has EVER been mentioned is in THIS thread.
So it doesn't even exist.

Your friend heard some fake news rumor from somebody who isn't smart enough to search the internet before spreading rumors.

The only two other explanations is your friends source meant popcorn lung but got confused and said Cottage cheese lung or:

The only other thing I have ever heard vaping blamed on was lipid pneumonia but that was debunked instantly because VG (glycerol) is an alcohol, not a lipid.

http://www.ecigarette-research.com/web/index.php/2013-04-07-09-50-07/2014/157-glycerol

https://pneumonia.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s41479-016-0001-2

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have heard of "cottage cheese lungs" in reference to animals. Also noted as a lung abscess. Vaping on its own does not present in this manner. It does not encourage lung abscesses. However, if one already has compromised lungs don't smoke or vape.

These stories are usually started by...a friend told me this. Don't believe the bullshit. Science is awesome.
Here is a link to what a lung abscess is...
http://www.healthline.com/health/lung-abscess#overview1

I'm at high risk because I have a autoimmune disease. However, I have been vaping for 7 years and my lungs are clear. No adventitious sounds. How do I know that. I'm a low paid nurse.

BTW one does not just die from anything. There are warning signs. Science rules!

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If what the person you were speaking with was telling the truth it would be easily found. The media is very quick to jump on anything about vaping because opinions on it are very strong in both sides, therefore it gets them great ratings. Also, Big Pharm & Big Tobacco would be all over it. So anytime someone gives you anti vaping rhetoric, a quick Google search & a little research will at least begin to give you answers. I don't mean to offend be saying the thread is suspect & I may have been too quick to say that. But the "Cottage Cheese Lung" claim is definitely suspect. You will often find that many people will outright lie about themselves to make a claim that will give common ground between their audience & themselves in order to be more effective in their argument for our against something. Never simply trust what someone tells you, not even here. If they don't provide evidence to back up their claim, it is simply hearsay until you have proven or disproven it with your own research. My apologies for any offense. I hope you find the answers you're looking for.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

yorkballin

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know cuz I Googled it to after I put after I posted and it was the only thing thing that came up on Tapatalk what was for taptalk pretty damn weird

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know cuz I Googled it to after I put after I posted and it was the only thing thing that came up on Tapatalk what was for taptalk pretty damn weird

I just try & stay up to date on any new research & ALWAYS pay attention to who is conducting the research & who is paying for it, as well. It's true that there is more research to be done & some of it will only be through those of us vaping now & what happens as a result in the years to come. BUT... I always relate it to what I can the 2 gun theory. If someone have me 2 guns & told me gun 1 is loaded & gun 2 may or may not be loaded & for some reason I had to pick one of them to put to my head & pull the trigger... well, I know which one I'm picking. Also, being a nurse, I know that all the research & facts that I have been able to gather indicate that I have chosen wisely.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, your friend better not live in a humid area of the country ..or take a hot steamy shower, and definitely should stay aways from saunas.
Inhaling all that steam/vapor may cause him to "drown"
If your friend feels going back to smoking is safer, he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. :rolleyes: STAY AWAY

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Well, your friend better not live in a humid area of the country ..or take a hot steamy shower, and definitely should stay aways from saunas.
If your friend feels going back to smoking is safer, he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. :rolleyes: STAY AWAY

You know I thought about this one.
I have known a LOT of addicts in my life and I don't just mean smokers
I mean REAL addicts, ones that are dead right now, ones that haven't seen the outside of prison walls in a decade.
These are people I grew up with as kids when I lived in Baltimore.
From playing in the sandbox together to riding bikes and skateboards to drinking beer in the woods on weekends and so on.
I could always tell when they weren't ready to clean up their act because they always had a new outrageous excuse why they couldn't give up what they were addicted to.
"I went back to smoking because cottage cheese lungs" kind of reads like "I like smoking and am unwilling or unable to bother trying to quit at this time"

Nate. H

Member For 4 Years
My fart smelled like cottage cheese once. Could have been due to vaping but probably not...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Yeah how does it feel to be the guy who started the "cottage cheese lungs from vaping" fake news on the internet lol. Your friend still smokes and made something up or you're trolling. Either way it's silly nonsense.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My fart smelled like cottage cheese once. Could have been due to vaping but probably not...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
aLj0QMB.gif

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I think I almost died from cottage cheese lung in North Carolina last week... not used to that humidity lol

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Only side effect from my 4+ years of vaping is I can do more stuff outside and not be short of breath sitting down recouping. I can smell a fly fart from across the yard, long forgotten what some foods taste like and generally be more active. Its her second hand smoke that will cause more damage than your vapor ever will. I can't be bothered dealing with those who refuse to open their mind but believe the worst.
Here in BC Canada with all the forest fires and super dry, its now a 500+ dollar fine to get caught flicking a cig out of your car window no matter where you are and OMFG people are documenting the cig flick with licence plate, place and description with pics and video. They are posting on FB and other medias and people are getting fined from the postings. Many of the fires are confirmed cig related but I don't see cigs getting banned.
Right now I'm suffering from a Canadian illness called pineapple baked upside down cake lung. It's causing illusionary snake heads to grow on top of my skull... the doc looked at it but he immediately turned into stone! :cry:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That mist is 90% air... the only water in the vapor is that which it absorbs from the air and your lungs...

If you get pneumonia from vaping it's because your lungs were full of fluid prior to vaping.....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After vaping short-term but doing it a lot we all know that the that the vapor e-juice creates a vapor mist that's mostly water or all water that can be consumed and it goes into your lungs and in a short-term it causes what's called cottage cheese long does anybody know anything about this because from what I'm done to stand it's killed a couple of people from pneumonia they didn't know what was wrong with them because that's never happened before but it happens to be due to Vapor mist tell me something good tell me something bad

Cottage Cheese lungs?
Sheesh.

yes I expect that vaping for people with serious lung issues could cause problems. Especially if they vape for clowdz.

Vaping is not for everyone, but smoking is for no one.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
To the OP:
I've been vaping 5 years; and, started after being a 20 year 2, pack a day smoker.
I've had lung x-rays done twice and both times I was told to have had clear lungs with no evidence of any issues.

I am in no way saying that vaping is benign. The fact is, it is not. It is; however 'harm reduction.' if the royal college of physicians says it is 95% safer than smoking, than I am entitled to believe them. The royal college of physicians (British FDA) is the first group to have identified smoking as harmful.

BAM crew

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You know I thought about this one.
I have known a LOT of addicts in my life and I don't just mean smokers
I mean REAL addicts, ones that are dead right now, ones that haven't seen the outside of prison walls in a decade.
These are people I grew up with as kids when I lived in Baltimore.
From playing in the sandbox together to riding bikes and skateboards to drinking beer in the woods on weekends and so on.
I could always tell when they weren't ready to clean up their act because they always had a new outrageous excuse why they couldn't give up what they were addicted to.
"I went back to smoking because cottage cheese lungs" kind of reads like "I like smoking and am unwilling or unable to bother trying to quit at this time"

Yeah, my husband recently got a good dose of the popcorn lung scare - but with a twist

Close friend of his gave him the usual "but vaping causes popcorn lung!" warning.

Fortunately, Mr Juicy does occasionally listen to me and gave his friend the facts but...Friend claimed Mr Juicy was wrong because he actually was a victim of popcorn lung from vaping!

"Man, I was coughing and hacking like crazy" :crazy:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, my husband recently got a good dose of the popcorn lung scare - but with a twist

Close friend of his gave him the usual "but vaping causes popcorn lung!" warning.

Fortunately, Mr Juicy does occasionally listen to me and gave his friend the facts but...Friend claimed Mr Juicy was wrong because he actually was a victim of popcorn lung from vaping!

"Man, I was coughing and hacking like crazy" :crazy:

Mr. Juicy should buy a lottery ticket today because the odds of winning millions are better than meeting one of the handful of people in the world that has popcorn lung :popcorn:
Should also include coffee lung because a few at a powdered coffee factory came down with the same shit. :coffee2:

Even though cigarettes produce 75 - 100 times the diacetyl that vaping does and not one smoker has come down with popcorn (& coffee) lung in recorded history, we somehow hear about this stupid shit.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Mr. Juicy should buy a lottery ticket today because the odds of winning millions are better than meeting one of the handful of people in the world that has popcorn lung :popcorn:
Should also include coffee lung because a few at a powdered coffee factory came down with the same shit. :coffee2:

Even though cigarettes produce 75 - 100 times the diacetyl that vaping does and not one smoker has come down with popcorn (& coffee) lung in recorded history, we somehow hear about this stupid shit.

That's okay - friend also claimed he was cured by continuing to smoke and quitting vaping completely :slowclap:

Uh - bronchiolitis obliterans is incurable :bomb:

VU Sponsors