Become a Patron!

Concentrates resembling Mr Freeze Ice pop flavors

heineken

Member For 3 Years
Not sure how much being a kid in the 80's has to do with anything, but for whatever reason Mr Freeze just tastes right to me. Don't care much for that «new» tropical blackcurrant thing they've added to their line of flavors, but all the originals are just as great tasting as when I was a kid. (Yes I still eat them)

So as an exampe, if Mr Freeze had a lime flavor, they would obviously take whatever that is in FLV Lime, add the right amount of water, citric acid and sugar and pretty much call it the day. Are there other such flavors that just screams popsicle/slush the right way for getting into Mr Freeze territory?

Especially the strawberry and cola flavor would be nice to be able to get close to, though I feel like I've tried the best cola concentrates already, without getting all that close, so I realize that may be a lost case. But like a green apple flavor that tastes like how a green apple flavored Mr Freeze Ice would taste sounds pretty yummy.

I mean there aren't infinite amounts of chemicals available to make say strawberry flavor, so it shouldn't be impossible to find some balanced candied strawberry flavor or flavor combination that would be a good foundation for making something close to what Mr Freeze has done, right? No?

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
For green Apple, I’d probably use WF or Caps green apple candy and some sweetener and some ws-23. Bam. Done.

Strawberry.....INW strawberry(good and syrupy), sweetener and ws-23.

Lime? That’s a tougher one cause of the fade.....you might get a good flavor for a week, then the fade. I have to look in my notes for the sweetest/syrupy lime.

heineken

Member For 3 Years
For green Apple, I’d probably use WF or Caps green apple candy and some sweetener and some ws-23. Bam. Done.

Lime? That’s a tougher one cause of the fade.....you might get a good flavor for a week, then the fade. I have to look in my notes for the sweetest/syrupy lime.

Thanks for the apple and strawberry tips! Yeah it seems fading is an issue with lots of citrus flavors

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I dont have issues with lemon or lime by flv fading, unless you are over doing it..

Layering lemon with lemonade, helps
lime with lime wedge..

You really need to know the amount you like.. what I like might be different :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

So many limes are SO tart, too, and dry. Sweetener takes care of part of that, but overdoing it is easy, and still doesn't take all the edge off.

I almost wonder if apple (or even pear) would sweeten lime. Might try that. Something about it rings a bell for me.

FW Hawaiian Limeade has cherry in it, and it's much easier to sweeten and "candy."

VU Sponsors