Become a Patron!

Competition Mods

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't think there is a best competition mod. You can look at the copper Fuhatten or Rig mods.

Thanks. I've never bought anything but box mods. What kind of output do these have? I'm looking for something between 100-200w.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
From my understanding cloud comps only allow mech mod entries. Best performing mechs are the ones with least load drop. Look for ones with silver contacts.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Most cloud competitions require you use a tube mech with a single 18650. They are simply a metal tube that holds a battery and when you push the button it completes the connection between the battery and the atomizer. How much power they make is determined by the resistance of your coil build and the voltage being supplied by the battery minus any voltage drop and sag. It sounds like you need to do more research concerning unregulated mechanical mods before you make any purchases. You're trying to enter a whole new world and don't even realize it.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
+1 for above...One wrong mistake is a day you wont forget.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You wanna blow weather changing clouds? Get a copper Fuhatten or Rig,or SMPL mod with a 30 amp battery, like a Sony VTC5, plus a Mutation X v4 topper with ,15-.17 Ohms, dual coil parallel 26 Gauge build. Get an Ohmmeter first thing, no shit, since Ohms law if now your best buddy in this endeavor.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You wanna blow weather changing clouds? Get a copper Fuhatten or Rig,or SMPL mod with a 30 amp battery, like a Sony VTC5, plus a Mutation X v4 topper with ,15-.17 Ohms, dual coil parallel 26 Gauge build. Get an Ohmmeter first thing, no shit, since Ohms law if now your best buddy in this endeavor.

VTC5's are only 20 amps and good luck finding a real one anyways.

OP,
Coil building and wicking is probably going to be one of the most difficult aspects if your trying to do a competition..So many use these complicated coil wraps at not so safe ohm levels pushing the envelope to the extreme...This isnt something you just buy a good mod and latest cloud producing atty and think you're gonna be competitive in.

Do your homework until its embedded in your brain like you know 1 plus 1 is 2.. then you need friends willing to show you secrets of the trade...Best of luck to you and safety...Its not the same getting the answer and knowing it as it is understanding the answer.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VTC's 20 amps? Provide a link Mike.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you look at the vtc5 data, you can pull 40amps continuously from a full charge to below 3v before the cell reaches 80 degrees Celsius which is the temp they start to fail according to battery university. Maintaining a constant current discharge with a mech is impossible even if you set it down on the button and it constantly fires. Consider a vtc5 a 20 amp cell if you want. I don't.
6o2p4iY.jpg

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you look at the vtc5 data, you can pull 40amps continuously from a full charge to below 3v before the cell reaches 80 degrees Celsius which is the temp they start to fail according to battery university. Maintaining a constant current discharge with a mech is impossible even if you set it down on the button and it constantly fires. Consider a vtc5 a 20 amp cell if you want. I don't.
6o2p4iY.jpg
Sony says they are 20 amps...alot of cells can take more or less than claimed ratings but i would trust a VTC 3 and 4 being more of a 30 amp than a VTC5...And consider finding a real VTC5 slim to none anyways.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, at this point talking about vtc5's is almost a waste of time. I just don't like relying on someone else's conclusion or interpretation of data. I like to look at the data myself and decide for myself. Especially when the test conditions don't replicate the conditions that exist when I'm using the item.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
6o2p4iY.jpg

While that is true, I can tell when a battery is at 3.6v by the vape. 3 volts is kinda on the low side. I use real VTC5, and 4's in my mechs, but never have dropped them below 3.5 volts. After that the vape is meh at best..

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How many people have actually blown their face from a battery in a mech?
Im not talking about pocket misfires im talkin straight hitting it and it spontaneously combusting in your face like everyone seems to think it happens.
The tube would be too hot to even touch in the event of thermal runway occuring.
Even under a hard short in controlled experiments batteries take a few minutes to vent and thats in over 200 degrees.
Not saying dont be careful and not saying theres no real danger element just sayin theres always torch and pitchfork rally everytime someone is lookin to get into mechs and/or subohm vaping. Its kinda funny if you think about it.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
While that is true, I can tell when a battery is at 3.6v by the vape. 3 volts is kinda on the low side. I use real VTC5, and 4's in my mechs, but never have dropped them below 3.5 volts. After that the vape is meh at best..
3v is very low. Mine get swapped at 3.6v because that's where the warmth disappears. Also with fixed resistance, as the voltage drops so do the amps. And regulated devices usually have 10 sec cutoffs and shut down at above 3v so these kind of tests don't come anywhere close to replicating the conditions that exist when we use these cells. I'm not advocating abusing any high drain lithium, but blindly accepting a continuous discharge rating as determined by someone else isn't acceptable to me.

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
...theres always torch and pitchfork rally everytime someone is lookin to get into mechs and/or subohm vaping...

It does help to get the newbs attention though, so hopefully they realize that they have to sit down, shut up, and learn before blowing mad clouds, br0.

Granted, the danger might not be as present and immediate for those with a bit of knowledge and the right gear; but then you get fuckwits asking how to build box mods with AA alkaline batteries, or dead shorting and venting a battery on camera, then popping another in and doing it over again while holding the tube with a towel because it's so hot.

Stupidity and ignorance is cool, and learning is for nerds. And only suckers follow laws, and who's this ohm guy trying to tell us what to do anyway? Pffft, I do what I want.

.007 on a 60amp trustfire, cuz!

:D

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As long as you're not getting their attention by exaggerating any possible risks or being less than truthfull about anything. Telling kids smoking *** is as bad as snorting ******* **** makes them neither believe nor trust you when they find out your full of shit. This forum is supposed to be for adults. Teach the truth and let people decide for themselves. I'm sick and fucking tired of other people trying to protect me from myself by lying to and trying to control me. Big brother can go fuck himself and so can anyone else that try's to bullshit me and says it's for my own good. I agree with everything you said Haadkoe and this post isn't directed at you at all. I've just seen how people spread bullshit and fear instead of truth and respect and felt the need to express my thoughts.

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm with you 100%!

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Most of this ignorance comes from all thesr new vvvw devices that do all the work for you. Before we had to look into all these details in order yo achieve out prefered vape. Now its plug n play. Heck you can even go online and buy twisted wire coils now.
So i get that people need to pay attention, its good and bad for all of us.
What does suck is ehen i see someone wanting to dive in a little deeper into the subculture that is subohming or cloudchasing or whatever i see other people blow them off like "do research first" instead of taking the time to maybe try to teach them something.
If theyre already thinking about it, theyre probably going to do it anyway, so why not encourage the morale of safe handling through hinting or pointing out necessities etc rather than a blunt "get out of hrre you font know nothin".
Besides, its not rocket science anyway. Only thing they really need to know is per battery amperage they need to build above the respective resistance, thats it.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dam typo central up in here

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Most of this ignorance comes from all thesr new vvvw devices that do all the work for you. Before we had to look into all these details in order yo achieve out prefered vape. Now its plug n play. Heck you can even go online and buy twisted wire coils now.
So i get that people need to pay attention, its good and bad for all of us.

What does suck is ehen i see someone wanting to dive in a little deeper into the subculture that is subohming or cloudchasing or whatever i see other people blow them off like "do research first" instead of taking the time to maybe try to teach them something.
If theyre already thinking about it, theyre probably going to do it anyway, so why not encourage the morale of safe handling through hinting or pointing out necessities etc rather than a blunt "get out of hrre you font know nothin".
Besides, its not rocket science anyway. Only thing they really need to know is per battery amperage they need to build above the respective resistance, thats it.

Dont make it sound as if we dont help or wont help..We help alot of those who ask the right questions..We advise knowledge as the first step and it always will be the first step...Go ahead and tell someone to use an efest 3100 6amp battery with his mech with a .2 ohm coil....Oh but wait...if he/she took your advice then they nor yourself know very much now do you...No one wants to give bad advice or just give someone the answer because just the answer doesnt teach you a damn thing about how to not burn your house down or worse, end up in the ER...So i disagree fully with your opinion on just help them "get those clouds bro".

So according to you its not rocket science..its just batteries and ohms...nothing can possibly go wrong and its the almighty advice to every one who wants to sub ohm...Sorry but i think not.

Dont mean to sound rude or snobish but just giving everyone the answer without them understanding it is bad advice.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So what else is it other than batteries and ohms? And who said anything about efest 6a batteries? Do those even exist? What are you even talking about?
Your personal opinion on what advice is relivent and your putting words in my mouth wont change the fact that theyre going to do it anyway.
So you can either be a dick about it or give a hand by guiding in the right direction. Thats the nature of the beast, without having to get pissy about it.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So what else is it other than batteries and ohms? And who said anything about efest 6a batteries? Do those even exist? What are you even talking about?
Your personal opinion on what advice is relivent and your putting words in my mouth wont change the fact that theyre going to do it anyway.
So you can either be a dick about it or give a hand by guiding in the right direction. Thats the nature of the beast, without having to get pissy about it.

The 6amp battery was an example...if you knew anything about it you would know thats bad advice , correct?...But did you know because you understand ohm law or because joe blow down the street said it wasnt a good choice?...See where im coming from?

So those who try to steer someone who dont know anything to keep them from hurting themselves or people around them are now dicks?..I would try to think a little different if i was you.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And yes they have 6 amp batteries being offered to vape people who dont know any better..Efest 3100 35 amp vaping mod power house..get yours today for $9.99 and be cool....Yes its 6 amps.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The 6amp battery was an example...if you knew anything about it you would know thats bad advice , correct?...But did you know because you understand ohm law or because joe blow down the street said it wasnt a good choice?...See where im coming from?

So those who try to steer someone who dont know anything to keep them from hurting themselves or people around them are now dicks?..I would try to think a little different if i was you.
I dont know how to talk to you, you bring up things that have nothing to do with the conversation then validate them somehow as me mentioning them and/or not knowing about them i dont know, youre a confusing individual.
I will now stray away from this thread so you can stop putting words in my mouth. I still dony get where 6a batts came from in all this but who cares anyway.
Keep steering people away from the apocalypse and ill keep answering questions and promoting 6a efests? Haha ok good luck dude.

VU Sponsors