Become a Patron!

coils lasting 24hrs, why!?

I have a kanger eGo T. I'm not very well versed in the vaping lingo, nor am I educated in vaping, but this one has the girls at the vape shop stumped too. I will put in a new coil, the kind you put 3 drops into, let saturate, then screw in. The coil will last about 24 hours, then all of a sudden stop working. One guy suggested a flaw in the design in which the coil is not connecting once it's burned so far. So I started taking it out and wiggling the coil out a little, This usually makes it last a little longer. Is there any reason why I'd just be burning through coils? I did try and troubleshoot other things first, but it's always changing the coil that makes it work again. Also, I am upgrading on Black Friday when they have their big sale, any suggestions on the most trouble-free styles?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sounds like you have clone coils or a short in the base allowing the coil to go critical an just pop.
Mom had a Kanger Aerotank which the base was reading correct then shoot to 9.99 then 3.5 to 0 dead coil.

idk what a clone coil is lol. they do come in packs, the box is black and says aspire bvc clearomizer replacement coil. so what part would fix it? or is it just a bad model, get a new one?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Clone means it's made by someone other than the patented company. Lots of chinese companies will make knockoffs, those are called clones.

Anyways, your battery is the eGo-T, what is the tank you use on it? My best guess is that you're using the wrong coils for your tank/battery. Resistance, voltage, amps, they all go hand in hand. Your battery will detect if you're trying to do something it can't handle (I believe, I actually can't find much information on that specific one, but I imagine it's regulated). So, as you work in a coilhead the cotton will start to clump together a bit, and it will often result in a changing resistance. When I wick a coil and toss it in I'll see the registered resistance go from say a 1.5 to a .9 to a .6 then to the .2 it actually is after a few rips.

I imagine that could be a contributing factor here. That perhaps even though the coil initially works it's actually the wrong coil for your setup, and once it's worked in the system rejects it as it's fallen outside the acceptable range.

Other than that, check the connections, heat can cause things to loosen up, tighten things down (snug but not too tight), maybe clean the connections.

When I first started I used to be sold the wrong coils ALL the time, I didn't go to a vape shop, just a smoke shop. They had the stuff but I had to really be on top of getting the right thing as even if I asked for something by name they'd hand me the wrong thing. Point is, don't just trust the sales people, double check things yourself. Look to find what your tank is, find out what coils it's supposed to use, and find out the resistance it's supposed to be set to.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use the T3D , only rarely now but am very familiar with them, I wonder what wattage he's running the coils at, if you go above 9-10W's you'll fry the coils

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So the vape shop sold you a kanger tank and Aspire BVC coils?
A. I'm surprised it worked at all.
B. Find another vape shop.
C. Stick with us. You'll get better info here than the place selling you this stuff.

yep different from aspire and what i was originally using. it's strange, the girl recommended this coil and i used them for a month or so, no problem. then all of a sudden they won't work more than a day and a half no matter what. it IS weird it ever worked at all lol. i guess i'll go back to the first coils (which leaked liquid into my battery regularly) until the black friday sale when i can upgrade to a better starter kit. any recommendations? thanks so much guys!

VU Sponsors