Become a Patron!

Coils gone mad

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am happy to report my AROMAMIZER PLUS had no leaking and it vapes really nice, today the test liquid comes out and some DIY Grapefruit goes in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just tell her it is a needed tool because it is and what a difference between my older meters, I ordered a new coil tool from coil master in China so I can do the larger coils again mine only go to 30mm It says it is in N.Y. so hopefully I will get it next week.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is the Re buildable deck for the LIMITLESS XL
d91c510ca8d98b77ec38c30f14a62c1d.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like the Sense Blazer Pro is Pre Built.
93a0668a191d666d5fa7285ebdcaf395.jpg
8d6aeca6d114518379eb698da1c2a51f.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just put a 521 meter on my wife's Amazon order. I'm hoping she keeps it there when she submitted the order... I didn't actually tell her I was adding it on

I'm trying to slowly build up my supplies so that when I feel comfortable in my knowledge I can just start building coils. A coil jig is next on my radar.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
It certainly a mixture of Science and Art I read and read but I have learned a lot more with hands on experience in a safe manor and help from members when I get stuck. I down loaded a Android app called the Tool Box Pro I am learning how to use the app lol and today it is also Scottish Roll learning day also. I have been a Vapor for 8 years and I finally decieded I can learn to build.....I wish you luck and just tell your self I Can do this . Have the right Batteries on hand that is very important.

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It certainly a mixture of Science and Art I read and read but I have learned a lot more with hands on experience in a safe manor and help from members when I get stuck. I down loaded a Android app called the Tool Box Pro I am learning how to use the app lol and today it is also Scottish Roll learning day also. I have been a Vapor for 8 years and I finally decieded I can learn to build.....I wish you luck and just tell your self I Can do this . Have the right Batteries on hand that is very important.

And don't get all caught up in the "dual headed forked tongue poisonous alien predator mutant coils" LOL. Keep it simple at first...simple single coil builds work great when built and wicked properly. Learn to walk first...then pick up the pace. 24 Gauge Kanthal or 316L stainless would be my recommendation for a good wire size and material to start with. You can build a really good performing coil for just about any atomizer with simple, single strand 24 ga.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Puff, you're doing great but yeah, you're going to need a few more mods, or an intervention. LOL
It just happens You do know In Sept I will need another SX This time with the brown leather.... Thanks for the compliment and yes maybe I better find a support group. But you know I am just paying for my education

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It just happens You do know In Sept I will need another SX This time with the brown leather.... Thanks for the compliment and yes maybe I better find a support group. But you know I am just paying for my education

Coval51 your the one that said learn to build lol lol I told ya you created a monster.....

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coval51 your the one that said learn to build lol lol I told ya you created a monster.....

I'm thinking for September's mod I will get a silver Areomimzer for that brown leather SX OR A Komodo Tank it looks pretty sharp, and Hold on to a chair I have another RTDA coming tomorrow in SS it is a surprise.....

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm going to have to teach you how to build with stainless steel mesh for wicking next. All these RDTA's are nothing more than old style gennies with big wick holes and big airflow. They all work great with mesh wick.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really

It just so happens I have mesh in my stash leftover from the early Gen days, back then I had mostly clones that were pure junk, I tried to build those but it always failed and I said screw this... Today's gear is so much better.....

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might even build these tiny things they're so cute
9da483984551ab28e2dafcae3e9b90cd.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This one has a build in it look at the ohms ya it is that old. I Will give it a sub ohm coil.
3993c3825bbc1f606ebb8e35b9a303b3.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This one has a build in it look at the ohms ya it is that old. I Will give it a sub ohm coil.
3993c3825bbc1f606ebb8e35b9a303b3.jpg

The reader says 2.43

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This thing has no air lol see that tiney hole It's drill press time.
07f7a04f02766e578ffafc1c0f14161c.jpg

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is the Re buildable deck for the LIMITLESS XL
d91c510ca8d98b77ec38c30f14a62c1d.jpg

Let me know if you get this one working well. I have yet to get good flavor from my Limitless XL. Big clouds, no flavor. I know it probably has to do with the coils I've used, but I've had to put it to the side for a bit. Living my Limitless Plus, though!

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let me know if you get this one working well. I have yet to get good flavor from my Limitless XL. Big clouds, no flavor. I know it probably has to do with the coils I've used, but I've had to put it to the side for a bit. Living my Limitless Plus, though!

Well your in luck this is my second one I however have been using the pre built coil on my first one and taste is spot on . What coils are you using ?

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Woot Woot my coil maker arrived from China and this tank also showed up. Check out that build deck on the MAXO V12
35241aa3a5ee7417fd695baba0952fb0.jpg
65099408ad1b022c24f538f8905b43f1.jpg
fdf8785636f847703e541e65aba8322a.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Busy morning I made 250 ml of my favorite eliquids now back to making coils....

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well your in luck this is my second one I however have been using the pre built coil on my first one and taste is spot on . What coils are you using ?

I used the ones that came with it first, juggernaut in single coil & I don't remember what came for the dual coil deck. Then I put a fused Clapton 0.3ohm in the single coil deck, still with no luck. So, I put it away for a while. Probably gonna try again next week.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guys I had some wine and I did not get any coils built today but I found a cool Tank called the Fire Luke looks like a gumball machine so a green yellow resin is on the way I picture this setting on a Yellow Battlestar.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok Folks First question when I fill up the Azeroth I close the air remove the top fill it put the top back on open the air and it leaks a bit then stops What Am I doing wrong, I watched a bunch of You Tube shows and all the major reviewers say they have no leaks at all. Should I not close the air ?

Dont fill right to the top ,
And on some tanks , turn up side down , open jfc /Airflow, then back correct way,
You are pre soaking the coils before you actually fill the tank aren't you , this help soak the cotton so it swells up ,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Next Question What the heck was I doing wrong on the dual coil Azeroth deck ? When it started flaming with fire it died shortly after that.
Here is a Question when doing dual coils should I put both wires of the coil in the lower holes right side and left side and then install the other coils in both of the upper holes right side left side.

The two posts with r holes combined 2 each one above the other is setup as a Velocity style , its for your coils has one leg high one leg low , thats how you install them when doing dual you use one low one high on once side then the same on the other side , makes sense once you start doing this

Like this ,
2522c571d67d925c792d777fd70568e5.jpg

An then the same on other side

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dont fill right to the top ,
And on some tanks , turn up side down , open jfc /Airflow, then back correct way,
You are pre soaking the coils before you actually fill the tank aren't you , this help soak the cotton so it swells up ,

What my problem was I did not have enough cotton in it I am new to making coils and have since learned a lot. This has been working great for the last few week's but I will certainly remember your advice.
fe94b35941568de5bb96fd9f18c67779.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Folks just playing around with my New coil jig this is my first 40 mm
6e5423fa3d614f362470686db129aabe.jpg

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your Welcome ,
Im Currently back mainly using my single coil atties for daily use again ,
Leaving my larger dual build for another time, misses not well so trying to keep my vape clouds down to not irritate her much ,

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Rebuilt the single coil deck in my XL this morning, wicked it, & have been getting great flavor on it ever since. But I think the issue may have actually been the mod I was using. On my alien it has muted flavor still, it also has a ridiculous ramp up time for some reason. But I recently got my Tarot Pro back & it works great on that! All the little quirks can drive a man insane! But I'm happy now.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rebuilt the single coil deck in my XL this morning, wicked it, & have been getting great flavor on it ever since. But I think the issue may have actually been the mod I was using. On my alien it has muted flavor still, it also has a ridiculous ramp up time for some reason. But I recently got my Tarot Pro back & it works great on that! All the little quirks can drive a man insane! But I'm happy now.

Cool I have heard the single coil build does indeed have more and better flavor.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well folks I am ready to adventure off into coil building on my own, the things I learned in the last month are priceless, if I get stuck I know help is right here, makes me feel safe lol lol I have learned on several different tanks which is good taught me a lot. I have a six coil build that needs built I know That's to much power for me but I just want to build it and learn. I want to get that big coil. master round Tab meter, and some Plain Jayne coil jigs and I think I will be covered on the tool department, but who knows something else might be A Got to have tool. All in all this has fun , my German Shepard will keep a watchful eye on me she has seen it all Flamming wicks etc etc and is happy I know more today than a month ago. Thanks to everyone that got me back on the right path . I really do appreciate all you folks.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well folks I am ready to adventure off into coil building on my own, the things I learned in the last month are priceless, if I get stuck I know help is right here, makes me feel safe lol lol I have learned on several different tanks which is good taught me a lot. I have a six coil build that needs built I know That's to much power for me but I just want to build it and learn. I want to get that big coil. master round Tab meter, and some Plain Jayne coil jigs and I think I will be covered on the tool department, but who knows something else might be A Got to have tool. All in all this has fun , my German Shepard will keep a watchful eye on me she has seen it all Flamming wicks etc etc and is happy I know more today than a month ago. Thanks to everyone that got me back on the right path . I really do appreciate all you folks.

@Coval51

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool I have heard the single coil build does indeed have more and better flavor.

Keep me posted how your a atty does.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still super happy with it. Thinking I will keep this one in single coil mode. My Big Baby is a dual, so it's nice having a single to go to. Also thinking about changing my Limitless Plus to single. I'm gonna at least try it, as it is a juice hog as a dual! We'll see.

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
That the Firemax Fireluke??? If so that is supposed to be a beast. I just dug out my Kayfun Mini v3 and built it up with a .96 ohm 28 gauge spaced 5 wrap 2.5mm ID coil. Vaping some 5 Pawns Castle Long Reserve at 13.5 watts, just need a glass of fine scotch and it would be a great day at work LOL! The joys of working from home.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That the Firemax Fireluke??? If so that is supposed to be a beast. I just dug out my Kayfun Mini v3 and built it up with a .96 ohm 28 gauge spaced 5 wrap 2.5mm ID coil. Vaping some 5 Pawns Castle Long Reserve at 13.5 watts, just need a glass of fine scotch and it would be a great day at work LOL! The joys of working from home.
It is the Fire Luke , I guess I am out of the loop on Kayfuns I did not know there is a mini... This tank looks like a bubble gum machine.

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Foggy morning eh??? It may clear up. Dang...looks like it's working good for you.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Foggy morning eh??? It may clear up. Dang...looks like it's working good for you.
Yep and I used 24 gage wire, and I have the Areomimzer Plus figured out on the leaking issue at fill up.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What was the issue?
This might sound crazy but it works like a charm
1. Close juice and airflow
2. Remove top cap and fill then put lid on and tighten down.
3. Turn tank upside down open the air then open juice flow control now turn the tank up right take a couple of dry hits and no leaking and one Happy Puff. I tried everything and this is the only method that worked, that tank was really making me mad in that price range these tanks should work without all the Drama.

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I've got a top fill tank that doesn't have a juice flow control that I need to do the upside down flip with, but then why not just make it a bottom fill? It still has to come off the mod. Bottom fill tanks can be made cheaper as they have fewer parts. All in all though...I still want an Aromamizer but until a local brick and mortar shop gets them in, I'll do without. Glad you got it all working good though...now...how's the flavor? I've heard good things.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got a top fill tank that doesn't have a juice flow control that I need to do the upside down flip with, but then why not just make it a bottom fill? It still has to come off the mod. Bottom fill tanks can be made cheaper as they have fewer parts. All in all though...I still want an Aromamizer but until a local brick and mortar shop gets them in, I'll do without. Glad you got it all working good though...now...how's the flavor? I've heard good things.
The Flavor is really good and its non stop every puff is delicious I have gone through 15 mls In it since yesterday and I like my 24 gage coils SX reading 0.36.....

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning everyone I have a new build in my OBS nano 0.20 and on a Mod I bought 3 years ago maybe 4 but I have never used it, I think it is a good fit with my OBS.
c38a7709464cc869f913bdaeba4398c2.jpg
465709a1dfb814454091cf2b7f875731.jpg

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Next Question What the heck was I doing wrong on the dual coil Azeroth deck ? When it started flaming with fire it died shortly after that.
Here is a Question when doing dual coils should I put both wires of the coil in the lower holes right side and left side and then install the other coils in both of the upper holes right side left side.

I can help you in this area. In my experience, the only time your cotton will catch fire (note that it's usually the cotton wick that catches fire) it most commonly means that you were firing your box when your wick was too dry, which causes the coil to burn the cotton to the point of ignition. You have to saturate your wick to keep this from happening, and be sure to reapply your juice once you start getting dry hits. You'll be able to tell because you'll get a burning sensation in the back of your throat (and it does get worse as you go higher in wattage. At 162 watts, a dry hit feels like you just swallowed a big mouthful of Napalm.)

As for the "Do not abuse protection" message you're getting, that usually means you're going too low on your resistance. You're using a regulated box, which has a cutoff point. This is a safety feature that prevents your device from pulling too much power through your batteries. Your batteries are only designed to withstand a certain amount of power before they fail. A failure can cause your batteries to vent. In some cases, batteries have been known to fail catastrophically, causing an explosion, which may take your box and possibly a good chunk of your hand with it.

However, this mostly happens with unregulated devices. Yours is a regulated device, which will have a redundant safety feature designed to prevent this, hence your "Do not abuse protection" message. Just use good-quality batteries, keep your batteries "married" (that means using the same type of battery when you're working with 2, 3 or 4-battery mods so that everything is well-balanced) and refrain from using batteries that have exposed terminals. Batteries with exposed terminals will need to be rewrapped due to the possibility of shorting your device, which can also cause a failure. If you can do this yourself, more power to you.

Last edited:

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can help you in this area. In my experience, the only time your cotton will catch fire (note that it's usually the cotton wick that catches fire) it most commonly means that you were firing your box when your wick was too dry, which causes the coil to burn the cotton to the point of ignition. You have to saturate your wick to keep this from happening, and be sure to reapply your juice once you start getting dry hits. You'll be able to tell because you'll get a burning sensation in the back of your throat (and it does get worse as you go higher in wattage. At 162 watts, a dry hit feels like you just swallowed a big mouthful of Napalm.)

As for the "Do not abuse protection" message you're getting, that usually means you're going too low on your resistance. You're using a regulated box, which has a cutoff point. This is a safety feature that prevents your device from pulling too much power through your batteries. Your batteries are only designed to withstand a certain amount of power before they fail. A failure can cause your batteries to vent. In some cases, batteries have been known to fail catastrophically, causing an explosion, which may take your box and possibly a good chunk of your hand with it.

However, this mostly happens with unregulated devices. Yours, I think, is a regulated device, which will have a redundant safety feature designed to prevent this. Just use good-quality batteries, keep your batteries "married" (that means using the same type of battery when you're working with 2, 3 or 4-battery mods so that everything is well-balanced) and refrain from using batteries that have exposed terminals. Batteries with exposed terminals will need to be rewrapped due to the possibility of shorting your device. If you can do this yourself, more power to you.
Thank you @champton This building adventure over the last month was a learning time for sure I do understand everything you wrote , I am now having successful builds and in record time for me lol lol , Really it was educational and Fun and the learning never stops.....

VU Sponsors