Member For 4 Years
Ok here is what I have built so far.
3df1fb52a0fea836b722f48c389ce4e9.jpg
46628015f86ec9227a12bc077f0f41fd.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What does it mean when one coil is glowing a lot faster than coil number 2 ? Help please

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
For coil height I usually put my coils 1 mm over the air holes. As for atomizer resistance being too low, 2 - .2 ohm coils in parallel equal .1 ohm which is too low for most of the cheaper mods. They'll fire on the G class though.

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It could mean a lot of things. Try pinching and strumming them. They should start to get better as they oxidize.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I will do that Coval51 I took the coil off to re install it.

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
If pinching and strumming doesn't get them glowing evenly, most likely the slower firing coil has a crappy connection.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok here is what I have built so far.
3df1fb52a0fea836b722f48c389ce4e9.jpg
46628015f86ec9227a12bc077f0f41fd.jpg

Is the shorter coil heating faster than the taller coil? I would assume so.

Try to cut the legs as even as possible. Then as @Coval51 suggested, the usual strum of the coils.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do I have these installed right? This is my first dual coil build.

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Also make sure both coils are at the same height. You had them close but one coil was clearly higher than the other meaning the resistance of that coil will be a tiny bit higher than the lower coil. Was the taller coil the offending coil?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think you're doing a darn good job for just starting out with these new attys and huge coils.....:wave:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do I have these installed right? This is my first dual coil build.

Yes, you have them installed correctly, just need to keep both coils the same height, or as close as possible.

May want to check the grubs after dry firing, sometimes they can loosen a tad on you.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I tried to get the same height I'm letting my Battle Star and batteries cool off my Samsung batteries are getting a work out.

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
That's why I don't mess with those big coil low resistance builds. They draw too much current from the mod in my opinion. I can get a better vape at 20 Watts with a 22mm RTA and only have to charge my batteries once a week. Heat also kill electronics. High current draw causes heat. I'm a .5 ohm kind of guy LOL.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Time for a break Puff....this coiling business can strain the mind and soul.....:)

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok down in the leg hole one side is sparking on the coils that is not heating up as fast as the other so I took it out and will due another one.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok down in the leg hole one side is sparking on the coils that is not heating up as fast as the other so I took it out and will due another one.

You certainly have the patience of a saint.....:wave:.....:teehee:

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to walk away from this for a bit and re group my thoughts let batteries cool off and my Battlestar it so hot I think it could launch lol lol lol

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been thinking about venturing into building my own coils, but not so sure now...

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have been thinking about venturing into building my own coils, but not so sure now...

You'll get to it in time....I didn't begin installing my own coils for months after I started vaping. I still don't make exotic coils, buy um....much simpler. The simple single wrapped coils are damn good, certainly don't need exotic coils for a fantastic vape.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh I see that I'm giving everything a rest here including my brain lol I have gone through 4 batteries they need recharged and no fear I am using high quality proper batteries, I am letting them settle and cool before they go in the charger. Like I said first dual coil build I have the single coil builds rocking lol lol

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I can use the smaller Kidney Puncher set shown in the picture???

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ahh I see that I'm giving everything a rest here including my brain lol I have gone through 4 batteries they need recharged and no fear I am using high quality proper batteries, I am letting them settle and cool before they go in the charger. Like I said first dual coil build I have the single coil builds rocking lol lol

And I'm heading to bed....have to fly to the east coast at 4:30 AM, which is coming quickly. Good luck with your builds, Puff.....:)

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Don't let me set the example for you I have only been doing this for two weeks I have the single coil stuff down And I am learning this dual coil stuff, please please don't let me steer you off of building by my mistakes, When I got stuck I stopped and ask for help and most important I am using the proper batteries not that I like pushing them hard I don't I will get this on my own slow pace and like I said help is near on this forum.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After a few hours of cutting my leggs to short and installing for it to tell me short OMG I was at my witts end then it happened we have lift off. Of All I have learned the dual coil was my tough one but my Aromamizer plus is happy another giant step for me and great education. And @Coval51 check this out...0.12 ohms juice is open all the way air to and 61.1 watts
61e8e5622b248ac296f7bcb3197e2854.jpg
0484d27d8bcfd1fe5e214f50b87efdfc.jpg
f7887a4768281fd9d7f0817a57b13cfb.jpg
c8941421eb30b461145f719fec8589a4.jpg
bd0a0fe8637d24c873247f1590b17e39.jpg
1ca238cbeaebd5e0a8a59c668e0497b0.jpg
aca0d920fbb35b725f73cb4db5ef413e.jpg
bed03240c8e532f00514498f3aecf86d.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here are my dead soldiers.. Time for the happy dance.
3ae4cb237ca6ef9cbbee2be2b2eb0853.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just in case I need more to go tanks Aspire to the rescue these are getting hard to find.
99587d154b1aa64a48342d25c4f9d88d.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I am going to slowly bring my Watts up......

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Did you get this ?

Not yet. I only get paid once a month so I have to make a list and order everything I'm gonna get for the month all at once. It's on the top of the list right under Cotton Bacon. I also want to get some 26g ss316 wire.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like this tank It has cloud status lol. Really it is different from my other tanks I have learned on the last couple of weeks, the tank taught me well today, I'm glad I learned a thing or two.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I had to order juice making supplies this month which quickly burned up my budget, but hopefully I'll be able to get it this time.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had to order juice making supplies this month which quickly burned up my budget, but hopefully I'll be able to get it this time.
I hate it when that happens I'm looking at stocking up coils for my Subs I love and can't live without , More wire more cotton, and I think I need 12 more Batteries be nice to hit a sale on Sony and Samsung Batteries and 2 liters of Nicotine. I need to also grab a new charger, mine is getting dated and today's batteries and mods are a different ball game . I am set on Flavorings and should be set to ride out The FDA Storm if need be, be nice when the FDA Shows us what is up their sleeve and lets see what The final rules are.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, that's another thing I had to buy...coils for my little iStick tanks. I don't use em as much as I used to since I got my rda and rta, but I still don't want to be without em. :)

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Please be sure to post how the 24g stainless works out and what wattage you run it, how fast (or slow) it ramps up, etc.. I've got 24g kanthal right now and it takes forever to heat up at low power. :(
@MWorthington my SS Coil heats up pretty fast I have a single Coil that is holding its own...

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to say folks even with all the mistakes I have made I learned more and so far I am pleased with my skills it gets better everyday only problem is I need more mods to house these Tank I bought lol lol yep I buy a tank and then try to match a Mod lol lol. Again thanks for all the help and good advice it was a wonderful feeling when I got the OBS nano and the Plus going. I still have my Black Pharaoh to build then move on to the Sense Tank Pro and another limitless XL Rtda in Blue they will be here tomorrow, I know I was not suppose to buy more tanks my bad.....

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How many wraps, what diameter is it, and how many watts you throwin at it?
It is in my OBS Engine nano I used 24 gage SS316L 0.18 ohms and I am using 45 watts. I believe I did 4 wraps at 3mm ID it heats up like right now in this Engine nano.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It is in my OBS Engine nano I used 24 gage SS316L 0.18 ohms and I am using 45 watts. I believe I did 4 wraps at 3mm ID it heats up like right now in this Engine nano.

Wow! I can see why it would heat up instantly. Damn, that's hot! I'd personally be running that coil at around 15 watts at the most, but I can't stand a lot of heat. Even when I smoked cigarettes, I hated it when I'd draw too heavy and heat up a cugarette.

For me, I'm thinkin more like dual 26g, ss316, 3mm, 6 wraps, at about 35 watts will be plenty hot for me but I'm a fair lightweiguht. :)

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow! I can see why it would heat up instantly. Damn, that's hot! I'd personally be running that coil at around 15 watts at the most, but I can't stand a lot of heat. Even when I smoked cigarettes, I hated it when I'd draw too heavy and heat up a cugarette.

For me, I'm thinkin more like dual 26g, ss316, 3mm, 6 wraps, at about 35 watts will be plenty hot for me but I'm a fair lightweiguht. :)
I like my wattage to me its perfect I just took a vape and it is not all that hot in this OBS Engine...

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I like my wattage to me its perfect I just took a vape and it is not all that hot in this OBS Engine...

I'm not judging or criticizing at all! I'm just saying for me, that would be waaay too hot. I'm still used to low power heat, though. When I manage to get tc to work I keep my temperature set at 380-390 degrees which is a lot cooler than most people like.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning everyone, I had a short going on in one of my mods and I found this in the battery compartment with my lighted magnifier, it is from cutting legs on my coils, my little pink SMOK 85 is working fine now.
b0df669781fc45710f67af0ccff9b88c.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Look what I got today I love this Mini reader and the fire button, this will sure make things easier and two more tanks. I'm going to see what kind of trouble I can get into today lol
8a2c5510e82ba2663dc17d7e97ab72d0.jpg
64902ecbfda3ef46aa36f2160266ccfc.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow these tanks are pretty, I am going to build coils today for these.
4ffc5628415dc598ef0a2c6a373f7651.jpg
1b8addaad0e64ac24444ba693a154ad0.jpg

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Look what I got today I love this Mini reader and the fire button, this will sure make things easier and two more tanks. I'm going to see what kind of trouble I can get into today lol
8a2c5510e82ba2663dc17d7e97ab72d0.jpg
64902ecbfda3ef46aa36f2160266ccfc.jpg

I just put a 521 meter on my wife's Amazon order. I'm hoping she keeps it there when she submitted the order... I didn't actually tell her I was adding it on

I'm trying to slowly build up my supplies so that when I feel comfortable in my knowledge I can just start building coils. A coil jig is next on my radar.

VU Sponsors