Become a Patron!

Coils gone mad

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I will do that. On The Lethal does your omg a pre heat function ?

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
24 gauge SS for the win. I love the stuff for either straight variable wattage vaping or temp control...works great for both. Shoot for either a single coil build at .3 to .5 ohms or dual coil at .15 to .25 ohms, set your power around 25 watts or so for the single coil or 40 for the dual and adjust from there. It's a great vape, very versatile wire too. Like I said, for a first venture into temp control...it's ideal because if you don't like temp control, just switch over to wattage, no Kanthal necessary LOL.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you Coval 51 I will start working with that first.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I find that 8 wraps of 24 gauge 316L SS wound around a 3 mm bit gives me a resistance of around .4 ohms. It's quite a bit lower resistance than Kanthal. If you need any help, you know where to find me. Tomorrow I gotta head to the VA for my dose of poison (radiation) LOL so I'm trying to get my work done tonight, so I'll be around but moving really slowly when I get home. You're going to have to be patient with me. Might take me a bit to get my thoughts together if you have questions but I'll get them answered if you have any.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I promise I will be patient and kind and I will play nice.. hope everything goes ok for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I need help I want to build a coil in 3.5 ID and I want it to be .03ohms and this is 24 G SS31L how many wraps should I do.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok here is my first SS coil it keeps bouncing around on it's readings 3.5 ID 9 wraps it does glow inside out what am I doing wrong ?
3aca3105c133e834ddbd8f258ef67c0d.jpg
d5057cb44a0cabd12d57e212bfa741a9.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok my SIGELEI mod is not playing nice I think it's full of crap just did a build 30 ID 8 wraps put it on my Pico and it's holding steady at .41 at 30 watts. The Sigelei bounces all over the place.

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Stainless steel wire will increase in resistance (ohms) a small amount when it is heated. That's why it works in temp control but looks like you found your problem. That would most likely be due to a crappy 510 connection on the Sigelei.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I have this on the Pico and it did climb with use went to .43 I have mod set at 45.9 watts and as they say I have clouds and my diy cherry juice has steeped and is pretty darn tasty. These drippers sure drink the juice fast , not my style of Vapeing but good for messing around. Glad to see you chime in Coval51, Its been a heck of a day of learning . I have two of those Sigelei mods and I have always fought with the loose or rather rocking 510 connection,s Its time for them to go to the Drawer of Shame.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On the Sigelei it would jump from .41 to .79 them 1.43 and up to 2.34 I thought I was looking my mind.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What happens if I want a 35 ID coil at .03 watts I am lost.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I downloaded a couple of coil apps but they are confusing me.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I downloaded a couple of coil apps but they are confusing me.

You'll get the hang of it Puff...hang in there and don't give up. Once you understand everything you'll look back and chuckle to yourself, saying damn....why did I make this more complicated than it really is.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
5 wraps of 24g ss316L will get you right around 0.3. I'm guessing 0.03 was a typo
Yes A typo I have Aspire tanks with stock 0.3 and I like the Vape so I thought I will build a new coil for my Ammit at that range. The build on those have held up but they are to high in ohms.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes A typo I have Aspire tanks with stock 0.3 and I like the Vape so I thought I will build a new coil for my Ammit at that range. The build on those have held up but they are to high in ohms.

I will make the one your talking about thank you.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alrighty Success 0.26 SS316L COIL in the Blue Ammit 50 watt for right now I am going up slowly using my Ijoy MAXO that I bought just for the Blue Ammit. Start to finish build 30 minutes.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When this coil gets hot it is jumping to 03.1 as I learned is what SS does in power mode.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When this coil gets hot it is jumping to 03.1 as I learned is what SS does in power mode.

The resistance of SS will rise when heated in any mode, but not all mods show the change when vaping in Temp mode.

Your pooch is jealous lol.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes Coval51 explained that to me yesterday it was a good day of learning and I thank everyone so much for helping me and putting up with me lol as I go along, I have MS and Some days I am forced to move slow and every step I learn Just thrills me. I still have so much to learn and when I have a MS attach my head gets real foggy lol not from vapor but the illness it is what it is I just have to push on .. My German Shepard is a Service Dog and she helps me a lot. Again a Big Shout Out To V U And its Members who gracefully help others in need.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered a Tab51 mini today so it will be easier when I build coils it will be nice to fire them on that less screwing around lol lol, my new coil master tool shipped from China and tracking shows it to be in NY I'm impressed it has only been 8 days since I ordered it from Coil master. My setup I built is working great.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I started getting dry burnt hits with the hive wire so I re did my wic with a 35 ID With 24 gage kanthal and new organic cotton followed DJSL Instructions on you tube got it all back togather and its 0.46 took a couple of good puffs and I be dam It started the dry cotton burn flavor, I did the Fluffed my cotton, what am I doing wrong ? I know this is top air flow but my other top air flow tanks are not doing this. I also juiced up my wick before I installed this.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Starting over with a coil from the box it came in
055f06f0bc52f9ff1e61772a43c7aadd.jpg
73fcf3886044415368f0ea17f4b17096.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This coil is reading 0.15 on my meter

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well this is working because I have bubbles raising after a puff but you have to wait a few minutes before I can take a puff as I tried 2 in a row and boom that burned cotton. My Battlestar is reading the coil at 0.14 I have the watts worked up to 45... What I think is it is a slow one to wick I am seeing more bubbles coming up on this last build. If it is this slow to wick this tank is not for me, been messing with this all day off and on between House work and Baking Bread.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok the OBS can live on my old Joy Tech for the next several days it appears to be wicking better now but still slow to recover IMO
c050ffd3f06ba8bbf2a619aa8ee0afea.jpg

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm certainly no expert, but I have successfully wicked both my dripper and my reload rta several times now and can chain vape either one of them without tasting cotton.

My point being, it sounds like your cotton is stuffed too tight in the coil to me. I'm using the cotton that came in the coilmaster kit. I'm not real fond of it but that's what I've got right now. I plan to get some cotton bacon on payday.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm certainly no expert, but I have successfully wicked both my dripper and my reload rta several times now and can chain vape either one of them without tasting cotton.

My point being, it sounds like your cotton is stuffed too tight in the coil to me. I'm using the cotton that came in the coilmaster kit. I'm not real fond of it but that's what I've got right now. I plan to get some cotton bacon on payday.
On this last build redo I took more cotton out and the OBS is behaving for now, The top only airflow on this one feels different than my cloud blaster tank top air flow. Thank Heavens for You Tube I followed what DJL was teaching ..he used more cotton , at some point I started taking away cotton and finding the sweet spot with this RTA

I did learn some good lessons today.....

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm proud of you Puff. Sorry I'm late but yeah, sounds like too much cotton to me too. Every RTA has it's sweet spot for how tightly the cotton is placed in the juice wells. It can be a real fine line. Good job, as for all that condensation, some atties do it, some don't. Not much you can do except to keep hitting it for a second or so after you let go of the fire button. These hefty coils hold enough heat to continue to make enough vapor that will eventually cover the mod.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm proud of you Puff. Sorry I'm late but yeah, sounds like too much cotton to me too. Every RTA has it's sweet spot for how tightly the cotton is placed in the juice wells. It can be a real fine line. Good job, as for all that condensation, some atties do it, some don't. Not much you can do except to keep hitting it for a second or so after you let go of the fire button. These hefty coils hold enough heat to continue to make enough vapor that will eventually cover the mod.

Thanks for that! My Reload will wet the top of my mod and I just figured it was all part of some RTAs.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Coval51 this OBS has to be right on the correct cotton, it has a temperament , thing was driving me nuts. Of all the tanks I have been working with the OBS seems to be a different game lol lol It is very easy to build I have made my notes about the cotton.

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Has anyone else noticed how this thread has been going for a while now...and there has not been one snarky, troll post yet. I love this Vaping Underground crowd! Just a bunch of people supporting and helping each other out. Why can't all social media be this way?

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Black Ammit with a redo 0.17 Alien wave flat 30 ID starting at 45 Watts and wicking real nice so far....@OMPA Will be re filling after I know it's ready to check on are leaking theory.
266f6dcd7de56b7adc42c63b206d9716.jpg
01d0a0faf99957fc26e0b14cf2db2cf6.jpg
212bbae976e3d1dbecd863b104f138fd.jpg
95d665f11ba4a7ee16ca1e9f780b04db.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Say I am going to attempt to build this Aromamizer plus I need a picture of how the coils go in I find nothing in the book or at their web site, could I use 2 Alien waves rated 0.2 each or a pair of Kidney puncher pair that says 0.25 per pair and what direction please see picture
a877a02431a025cb094c00e079dd1945.jpg
06d3bc47bda5fcd5c8148f152545fb12.jpg
460c5687c2fe2fa60b46adcb015f46b9.jpg
ee0ea8a6f2df8e7831fe90f94ef0ede2.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is my very temporary test coils is this right I have them glowing but I guess I need a height advice
94f537039940be8b8ebbdf58e9ba9c92.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Say I am going to attempt to build this Aromamizer plus I need a picture of how the coils go in I find nothing in the book or at their web site, could I use 2 Alien waves rated 0.2 each or a pair of Kidney puncher pair that says 0.25 per pair and what direction please see picture
a877a02431a025cb094c00e079dd1945.jpg
06d3bc47bda5fcd5c8148f152545fb12.jpg
460c5687c2fe2fa60b46adcb015f46b9.jpg
ee0ea8a6f2df8e7831fe90f94ef0ede2.jpg

When I put these to coils on it says atomizer to low they are on my Joytech mod that only goes to 60 watts.

VU Sponsors