Become a Patron!

Coils gone mad

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good evening everyone I have had a major learning day I hope I have some hair left after this adventure, so I decided to go above my skill level lol with my Azeroth RTA I chose the the deck for dual coils 5 hours later I got it to work but only for a bit it died then I moved on to the triple coil deck I was taking my life into my own hands lol so I worked and worked and I got this thing working I am now in a state of shock. When you look at the pictures please forgive my sloppiness I am just learning and I have a lot of questions which I will address after dinner and 3 glasses of wine.
Today's learning

I learned to make my own coils with the coil master 3 tool
I learned I can catch a coil on fire.
I learning I like this triple coil Azeroth RTA even with my poor coil skills I can only dream what this Will do with A + coil building.
Last I learned I love my Pharoh single coil and a big deck.
5071aede6884a7ab311cf691c0598848.jpg
4ddd6b707fe03f8351a364d14a3667c0.jpg
be647efb914b8eefe0b68457293cd182.jpg
ce431884a02d8fadcf42bcfeb2c25890.jpg
d4947198869cb014576e962cc2d36fb8.jpg
ba05e718b02641b1642c7aef9e9e81b8.jpg
9ef6ca794dbff6774e6f1460ad806fd1.jpg
59649d975ab18891af0a95eb4779d405.jpg
c8c378e30b67926d0a12019d376483ef.jpg
b1122ec24f34351bb55cf7c4768f5f0e.jpg
f7aee9aee58dfccb9377a8552735ee75.jpg
6ff6001b3148695466cae18c8b4f9079.jpg
55dbcac14736b2e501c9ed142a60f95a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok Folks First question when I fill up the Azeroth I close the air remove the top fill it put the top back on open the air and it leaks a bit then stops What Am I doing wrong, I watched a bunch of You Tube shows and all the major reviewers say they have no leaks at all. Should I not close the air ?

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Next question In one of the pictures are two RDA I found them last night on my treasure hunt, the Gold one has 3 post the middle is gold colored is this the center post and is some thing suppose to get hooked up to that ??? The other one has four air holes and 4 clamp down screws How the heck do I build this one ??? I don't remember when I bought these RDA Guidance is more than welcome in fact it would be more like a blessing, us Grandmother types need help.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Next question In one of the pictures are two RDA I found them last night on my treasure hunt, the Gold one has 3 post the middle is gold colored is this the center post and is some thing suppose to get hooked up to that ??? The other one has four air holes and 4 clamp down screws How the heck do I build this one ??? I don't remember when I bought these RDA Guidance is more than welcome in fact it would be more like a blessing, us Grandmother types need help.

I can help you a little. On the 3 poster, the center post is your positive that connects to the 510. That's a common post if you use 2 coils. If you use a single coil in it, one coil lead will go to the center, and the other end will go in one of the side posts.

Re: the other rda, this Grandfather type can't see it well enough to offer any advice - intelligent or otherwise. :)

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Next Question What the heck was I doing wrong on the dual coil Azeroth deck ? When it started flaming with fire it died shortly after that.
Here is a Question when doing dual coils should I put both wires of the coil in the lower holes right side and left side and then install the other coils in both of the upper holes right side left side.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Who thinks I need to watch more You Tube Videos ??

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can help you a little. On the 3 poster, the center post is your positive that connects to the 510. That's a common post if you use 2 coils. If you use a single coil in it, one coil lead will go to the center, and the other end will go in one of the side posts.

Re: the other rda, this Grandfather type can't see it well enough to offer any advice - intelligent or otherwise. :)
Thank you very much your help is much appreciated.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Better picture's of the Second RDA
c20e0819cc319686301e3730758a7052.jpg
1128031e010e0e665cfdabe90ba43baa.jpg
7c251ce4e24970e713f7008a2ae3b846.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow this looks way above my skill level that Man is doing pretty good with all things considered....

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am sad to say my Azeroth is going into early retirement, after so many hours and attempts to make it right it just not going to happen the force is going against me , no worries I will be back with more wisdom under my belt you can knock me down but I will be back. My Awesome SX G Class Vendor has let me know that he will be putting a thread together on building decks and such thank you very much Coval51 and a big thank you to MWorthington for your help on my RDA.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My success is the Pharaoh RTA that I wicked is working great and I will be buying some higher end RTA,s with the big decks more suited for us Grandmother Types.

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Next Question What the heck was I doing wrong on the dual coil Azeroth deck ? When it started flaming with fire it died shortly after that.
Here is a Question when doing dual coils should I put both wires of the coil in the lower holes right side and left side and then install the other coils in both of the upper holes right side left side.

As for the dual coil deck, the post on the left is the positive post. See how it is insulated from the deck by sitting on a piece
of either delrin or ultem (plastic looking piece). That post goes down to the center post of the 510. The other post is part of the deck which is the ground or - side (negative) side of the 510 connection which is established through the threads of the 510 connector. As coils wound for this deck configuration have one lead coming off the top of the coil and the other lead coming off the bottom of the coil, I usually place one coil on the left side, top lead in top hole on one of the posts and the bottom lead in the bottom hole of the other post, and vice versa for the other coil. It doesn't matter though whether you use the top or bottom hole, what is important is that one lead from each coil goes to the positive post, the other lead to the negative post. I have attached a rather poor illustration (I suck at that kind of stuff) showing what I mean.
As for the fire...see the picture of the triple coil deck with the coils glowing. See how the coils are not glowing evenly, those need to be fixed. Thats what pinching and strumming coils is all about. Now if you make spaced coils...you'll have no hotspot issues but if you're making contact coils then you must always check for and remove the hotspots and get all three coils heating up and glowing evenly.
You really did try to climb Mt. Everest though with the triple coil deck. Even the experienced guys on Youtube gripe about building that deck...and the Geyser rda, that's another beast to build. Velocity deck.JPG velocity deck1.png

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
In all reality, if it's flavor you're into a single coil 24 gauge, 3mm ID, 8 wrap, spaced coil build will work out to around .5 ohms and when vaped between 25 and 35 watts will make a very respectable amount of vapor with great flavor. It's my go to build as I'm getting up there in years myself, my eyesight sucks, and my hands shake like a wet dog. Single coils work great and they're super easy. I do enjoy the complicated builds, but they are for special occasions LOL.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I like this one Thanks for posting this... I will Google it get an Idea of the cost, my July shopping list is a big one.....

Almost positive Anthony paid less than $25 for it @ fasttech.com. I wanna say $23.60, but I only glanced at it. In addition to making honest, no nonsense reviews, he finds some great deals. He purchases nearly everything he reviews.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The fire on the Azeroth may have melted the insulator, causing its untimely demise(if I read your post correctly). The positive post and insulator can be removed by unscrewing the pin in the 510 post. Maybe you can get replacement insulators from whoever makes it(CoilArt?).

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The fire on the Azeroth may have melted the insulator, causing its untimely demise(if I read your post correctly). The positive post and insulator can be removed by unscrewing the pin in the 510 post. Maybe you can get replacement insulators from whoever makes it(CoilArt?).
Oh I never thought of that, I will check on that deck tomorrow, I will put a single coil on it and see if it fires up lol lol lol no pun intended. Thanks for bringing that to my Attention.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can I use the coils that I built that are squished together, please see picture .

c964a3f10282401c86a6b841825bfe5c.jpg

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes you can. As long as you can get them to glow evenly and at the same speed, they should be fine.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I have them doing that I am going to re wick the Azeroth Again and see what happens, this thing leaked really bad the other day, so I am going to try again all for the love of vaping.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OMG I used more cotton and so far no leaking, I am just using plain PG. See the juice slots it is 2 times thicker t as in the other day.
9999b29fbbc98adf955697941a6e65b7.jpg
4e1a844f1181895411239bd1d7a9c4c5.jpg
ddeaa83005af72819dad1a0b277fc91b.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I need to check the insulator on this 2 post deck to see if I fried it the other day when It caught on fire, I can't figure out how to take it apart the screw has no recessed hole for the tool.
aae20bfb93ccab1a382cfd58c932d3f4.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
More pictures
c90eb052bae9291361f79d152de30eba.jpg
feaec7ccd44647af9b69da9b5f29af37.jpg

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The screw should come out from the bottom. You're looking at the wrong end of the screw ;)

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok here is what the bottom looks like Do I twist that off ?
73e5117c2743caa7aca8395b8009c24d.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just twisted off and here it is,
5610d86fac9ceba12935d79e2010842e.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you think it looks ok ?

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Usually it will have a slot for a screwdriver, or even a hex nut for a wrench. Looks like you'll need to grab that shaft with plier to unscrew it. Try not to scratch it up, if you can help it.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
.Ok I have it back togather and It is not a little loose like it was, mean while the triple head is working like a charm and still no leaks which taught me I did not have enough cotton the other day, I'm thrilled I learned something lol

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now this Dripper my Smok 350 is telling me not to abuse Protection...

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok Smok I will back off...........

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will say I like these Mods that are smarter then me, I can see how a mec mod could go wrong.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coil building done for today more lessons learned, I have the Azeroth wicking perfect and The Pharaoh is still working great. I have 4 more RTA Tanks on the way with nice build decks some single coil some dual. If the Azeroth continues to behave I will put it on my SX Mini G....thank you guys for your guidance.....

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my wire in today gage 20 22 23 24 26 and some 24 Stainless steel now I will build the low wattage stuff. I needed this for my Atomizer plus that tank sure is nice.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got my wire in today gage 20 22 23 24 26 and some 24 Stainless steel now I will build the low wattage stuff. I needed this for my Atomizer plus that tank sure is nice.

Please be sure to post how the 24g stainless works out and what wattage you run it, how fast (or slow) it ramps up, etc.. I've got 24g kanthal right now and it takes forever to heat up at low power. :(

VU Sponsors