Become a Patron!

Coils for the Wake Sub-Ohm tank?

Hi guys. I'm new here! Was hoping someone could help me out. I ordered the Ply Rock Zilla 60w kit. It comes with the Wake Sub ohm tank (by Wake Mod co). Comes pre-installed with a 0.5 coil. I looked for extra coils everywhere and could ONLY find 0.2 ones. Everywhere was out of stock. The mod is a 2500mah built in battery 60w mod. The 0.5 coils are rated 40w-80w but the 0.2 are rated 60-100. Are the 0.2 going to work okay vaping at 60? I don't want them to not produce enough flavor because I can only hit 60w with my new kit.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
You should not make a practice of running your mod at its maximum all the time. Some mods can’t even reach the output they state as maximum, depending on the battery being used.

At 2500 mAh, your internal battery will probably not last all day, even if you vape at 40W.

It would be time for me to buy a different tank, one with a coil at about 0.4 or 0.5 ohms that can run between 25 and 32W.

You should not make a practice of running your mod at its maximum all the time. Some mods can’t even reach the output they state as maximum, depending on the battery being used.

At 2500 mAh, your internal battery will probably not last all day, even if you vape at 40W.

It would be time for me to buy a different tank, one with a coil at about 0.4 or 0.5 ohms that can run between 25 and 32W.

My brother in law actually gave me his iJoy Avenger tank he doesn't use. It's running a 0.15 coil. (Rated 40w-90w) and im actually loving the combo. I'm vaping on 45w. Battery life seems okay so far. Testing it on my work shift now.

VU Sponsors