Become a Patron!

Coilmaster Ultrasonic Cleaner CM-800 Review By DeucesJack

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Full Disclosure:

Let’s get all the disclosures out of the way. This Ultrasonic Cleaner was sent to me from Coilmaster specifically for the purposes of this review. This will not in any way, shape, or form cause me to give this Ultrasonic Cleaner a favorable review or change my opinion in any way.
e67522174eb75cb9a6937d274266d645.jpg

First Impression Out Of The Box:

Nice color, looks simple. Glass cover with a stainless steel basin. Kind of egg shaped

What’s In The box:

In the box along with the unit you get a white plastic basket along with a white plastic watch holder that fits in the basket. There is also an instruction manual included that is well done.
563f2ec00fe580b170398303ab1caacd.jpg

4e1492ba9cef8a851b389fb9eceddb5b.jpg

From Top To Bottom:

The outside has a white and slate blue color scheme. On the control panel there is a LED that is red when the unit is activated. There is also an on button, off button, and a reset button. The on and off button are self explanatory. The reset button is the button you hit if you want to turn it on for another 3 minutes after the initial cycle or you can just hit the on button again. All cycles are 3 minutes and the unit does have an auto shut off feature. I do wish the user had the choice to pick a longer cycle because it can be kind of a pain to keep hitting the button.
b8485dd9deaf02187eeea04c192f8eb0.jpg

The outside seems to be made out of a hard plastic. It looks sturdy, clean and well done. On the bottom of the unit there are four rubber legs that keep the unit secure on most surfaces.
ecbbda596a894d1508e84987907577d9.jpg

The door or lid has a full glass piece to it. It snaps open by giving a tug on the integrated tab. When closed it gives a confidence inspiring click. The hinge on the cover has a little play but that is to be expected due to the construction and configuration of the unit.

When the lid is opened you are greeted a stainless steel basin that has a max fill line. The basin does hold 600mls of water. This is where the white plastic basket sits.The arch is used as a watch holder for when you clean your jewelry in here. For the purposes of this review I will not be using that piece for obvious reasons.
081b542e7db5fdac89b77663d5a9f06e.jpg

But Deuces, How Does It Work:

I'll be honest, I have held off on getting an ultrasonic cleaner because I was really not sure if they actually worked. Up until now I have been using warm water, soap, and a toothbrush to clean my atomizers. Well, I am not only going to tell you that this thing works but I am going to tell you that it works fabulously. I took some atomizers with some really cruddy coils that I did not dry burn on purpose just to see if the ultrasonic cleaner would clean them. I filled the basin up to the max line and added a few drops of dishwashing liquid. Not only did it clean them but it cleaned them better than if I would have dry burned them.

Next I put a coil in there that I vaped this really nasty cola juice in. No matter what I did I could not get the taste out of this coil. I changed cotton multiple times, dry burned, rinsed, nothing worked. I was going to throw the coil out but I knew this was on the way so I kept it mounted specifically for this review. I took this coil and put it in the cleaner. After three cycles I can honestly say I only got the slightest hint of the cola left on the coil. I was impressed.

After I was done with both tests I poured the water into a clear glass. You could see a very noticeable brownish tint to the water.

Conclusion:

If you are a vaper and have multiple tanks and RDA’s this thing is just a must have. I normally run my stuff through 3 to 5 cycles and it gets everything nice and clean. This cleaner is Deucesjack approved and I truly believe every vaper should own one.

If you found this review helpful please feel free to leave a comment, give it a like, and give me a follow. If you are a Vendor and would like a DeucesJack Review please PM me on this forum.

Pros and Cons:

A note about Pros and Cons. These are my Pros and Cons. They are very subjective. What may be a pro to me could be a con to you and vice versa.

Pros:

* Sturdy
* Simple
* Well made
* Results

Cons:

* Would like a longer cycle

Specs:

* Model: CM800
* Frequency: 40 KHz
* Ultrasonic Power: 30w
* Tank Capacity: 600ml
* Tank Size: 155*95*52mm
* Overall Size: 200*140*125mm
* 3 Minute Automatic Timer Cutoff

1693d063dbca3703ef9596073edd8e8d.jpg

In criticism, I will be bold, and as sternly, absolutely just with friend and foe. From this purpose nothing shall turn me.

-Edgar Allan Poe

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nice review, Jack. I have been looking into getting a UC for a while. I think this is a nice unit but would like it better if it had a heating element in it as well.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thx Mark. After 4 or 5 cycles the water does get warm and the glass shows condensation. However it does not have a separate heating unit.

In criticism, I will be bold, and as sternly, absolutely just with friend and foe. From this purpose nothing shall turn me.

-Edgar Allan Poe

XEVU

Equal Opportunity Offender
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't tell how large the interior is.
I'm looking at an industrial ultrasonic with heater, 160w and 2.4L interior for $80something.
However, it runs at 35Hz (this runs at 40Hz) not sure what difference that makes.
Also, do you have a price and the interior size on this one?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm looking at an industrial ultrasonic with heater, 160w and 2.4L interior for $80something.
However, it runs at 35Hz (this runs at 40Hz) not sure what difference that makes.
$29.99, I fit 4 tanks in there no problem. Measurements and fluid capacity is in the specs section of the review.

-Edgar Allan Poe

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I had I giant in a lab for glass pipettes. The high pitched noise killed. Does this have that?
No, not a high pitched noise. More of a light buzzing.

-Edgar Allan Poe

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So this thing will extend the life of your coils and keep your hardware better longer?
It definitely extended the life of the cola coil cause I was ready to toss it. Yeah it does a great job of keeping your atomizers clean and shiny.

-Edgar Allan Poe

suDnd3th

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lol mine I just ordered recently and it came in on Friday. Thing works amazing cleaned a few RDAs then decided to put it too a real test. Since it said it was glasses friendly.

Put my old pair of eyes glasses in it and you know how they get a whole bunch of crud on the edges and in the frame around the lenses. Well after a few runs threw and water changes it almost had all of it cleaned out

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

suDnd3th

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cons: the same Chinese cleaner can be found on Amazon under about 5 other brands. You can get a much larger stainless Chinese cleaner for not much more.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
As far as price goes, as I have said in some of my other reviews I try not to comment. My reasons are simple. Different amounts of money mean different things to different people. Price vs value is just very subjective. I will comment on price if I feel something is an extreme value or if the price is significantly higher for its sub category and I feel it needs justification. For the most part I just try to present the product they put in front of me in the most honest light possible. I trust my readers will decide for themselves whether the value is there for them or not. I have no problem discussing price/value as opposed to other products and how they may compare, especially if I own both said products, but again that is only my opinion based on my price/value beliefs.

Last edited:

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Certainly agree, just want to let folks know that this cleaner is no different than others available. I.e. there is nothing that makes this better suited to vaping just because it's from Coil Master. Price for what it is is decent.

semeyson

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Two issues with your review :
1. No before and after pics of your coils.
2. No pre-made coils like Smok v8 coils or apire. This is a huge segment of the market that you didn't even touch on?

Otherwise nice review.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Cons: the same Chinese cleaner can be found on Amazon under about 5 other brands. You can get a much larger stainless Chinese cleaner for not much more.

At least 5 other brand names. Nothing special here - it's a rebranded VGT-800. So if you like this specific model just shop around using "VGT-800" to search on.

But the points made about having a US cleaner and using one are still valid.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Basically: The higher the frequency the smaller the bubbles. The smaller the bubbles the smaller the surface areas that can be cleaned out.

suDnd3th

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Two issues with your review :
1. No before and after pics of your coils.
2. No pre-made coils like Smok v8 coils or apire. This is a huge segment of the market that you didn't even touch on?

Otherwise nice review.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Well premades that at already packed with cotton like the v8 in my mind would be a no go in the cleaner besides water logging the cotton cleaner would probably destroy the cotton.

I added a pick of the engraved writing on my black goon to show you that it's removed paint from it since the paint wasn't probably as good in there. I'm sure after awhile my whole goon will turn out having paint stripped off it.

11a470a8bc9d8860baa2d365fa4e00a2.jpg

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can get these cheap Ultrasonic's just like this one from many places, Harbor Freight, Amazon, eBay, etc. I had one for a while but what I don't like is no selection for time nor a preheat option. Heat makes a huge difference in how well the Ultrasonic works, huge. I eventually got a proper Ultrasonic with seperate heat and timer controls. I preheat the bath, put the items in and select the time then go. Works very well, I clean everything from my gear, my coils and other stuff like my glasses.

suDnd3th

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah preheat would make it better. I've just resorted to throwing in straight hot water from the tap it helps.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah preheat would make it better. I've just resorted to throwing in straight hot water from the tap it helps.

Yeah I did that when I had this Ultrasonic (wasn't Coilmaster branded but same one I got from Amazon) until I got a proper one. I got a Kendal 170W 2 Liter, works 100x better ;) It was the best $60 I've spent in a long time

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've begun looking into cleaners (no purchase yet made) and here some things I've learned thus far:
  • Capacities are usually given in volume (ml, l, quart, gallon). This is generally the overall volume of the interior area, not necessarily the volume of liquid you can clean with. E.g. I saw a review for a 3L cleaner and it held just under 2L of water. Within that volume sits the basket, which is again a volume that is a fraction of the that.
  • The overall capacity is just a loose guide to the overall cleaner's size, the dimensions of the cleaning basket are what to look for if you're trying to clean items of a specific size. They are all a lot smaller than the appear.
  • In terms of "cleaning power", they will often list the frequency used and the amount of power. The higher the frequency the shorter the wavelength but this doesn't really translate into better cleaning. Some more elaborate cleaners will allow you to adjust the frequency within some range. For cleaners in the home/shop level (<~$200) I don't think the frequency spec will matter much so long as it's over ~25kHz you shouldn't have bad noise from it. (It'll still vibrate noisily)
  • The cleaning power is more relevant. Some units (usually 3L and up) have more than one emitter and the power they give is the sum of them.
  • Even more importantly still is if the cleaner also has a heater. Heating just 3-5 degrees can better than double cleaning action. If you use a cleaner like this Coil Master, small volume, no heater, you can use hot water to improve the cleaning action. Since these little ones only run a few minutes, it likely won't cool much while running. Larger units can have run times over 30 mins so in terms of heating power, the larger the volume and the longer the time the more power you'll want but you only need enough heater to keep hot water hot, not necessarily to heat it from the cold tap.
  • Some cleaners (generally those with plastic bins) are only built to handle water (and perhaps dishwasher/mild detergents). Stainless models generally allow alcohol-based industrial cleaning solutions and this adds capability to the unit. With the proper solution, these can be used to clean electrical pcb's, electronic components as well as watches and optics.
  • So these cleaners are super-useful in applications well beyond vaping and can clean tools, car/bike parts, gun/parts, glassware/plasticware, jewelry, glasses, dental stuff, the list goes on.. I started looking at little cleaners like this to throw my vape gear through and I'm now looking at cheap Chinese 6-10L stainless cleaners big enough to clean some tools and other household things that are larger than a vape tank.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've begun looking into cleaners (no purchase yet made) and here some things I've learned thus far:
  • Capacities are usually given in volume (ml, l, quart, gallon). This is generally the overall volume of the interior area, not necessarily the volume of liquid you can clean with. E.g. I saw a review for a 3L cleaner and it held just under 2L of water. Within that volume sits the basket, which is again a volume that is a fraction of the that.
  • The overall capacity is just a loose guide to the overall cleaner's size, the dimensions of the cleaning basket are what to look for if you're trying to clean items of a specific size. They are all a lot smaller than the appear.
  • In terms of "cleaning power", they will often list the frequency used and the amount of power. The higher the frequency the shorter the wavelength but this doesn't really translate into better cleaning. Some more elaborate cleaners will allow you to adjust the frequency within some range. For cleaners in the home/shop level (<~$200) I don't think the frequency spec will matter much so long as it's over ~25kHz you shouldn't have bad noise from it. (It'll still vibrate noisily)
  • The cleaning power is more relevant. Some units (usually 3L and up) have more than one emitter and the power they give is the sum of them.
  • Even more importantly still is if the cleaner also has a heater. Heating just 3-5 degrees can better than double cleaning action. If you use a cleaner like this Coil Master, small volume, no heater, you can use hot water to improve the cleaning action. Since these little ones only run a few minutes, it likely won't cool much while running. Larger units can have run times over 30 mins so in terms of heating power, the larger the volume and the longer the time the more power you'll want but you only need enough heater to keep hot water hot, not necessarily to heat it from the cold tap.
  • Some cleaners (generally those with plastic bins) are only built to handle water (and perhaps dishwasher/mild detergents). Stainless models generally allow alcohol-based industrial cleaning solutions and this adds capability to the unit. With the proper solution, these can be used to clean electrical pcb's, electronic components as well as watches and optics.
  • So these cleaners are super-useful in applications well beyond vaping and can clean tools, car/bike parts, gun/parts, glassware/plasticware, jewelry, glasses, dental stuff, the list goes on.. I started looking at little cleaners like this to throw my vape gear through and I'm now looking at cheap Chinese 6-10L stainless cleaners big enough to clean some tools and other household things that are larger than a vape tank.
Thx for all that great info. Really very informative.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors