Become a Patron!

Coilless RDA? Joyetech RFC Riftcore Duo RDA

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While perusing the Sales & Promotions section here on VU i saw a listing by Heaven Gifts for a new coilless RDA, the Joyetech RFC Riftcore Duo RDA. http://vapingunderground.com/thread...lity-coilless-vaping-experience.333396/page-6

I tried going to the Joyetech site, but didn't see any mention of it, so went to HG to see if they had more info about it. https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Joyetech-RFC-RDA.html

This is the only pic I could find
Joyetech-RFC-Riftcore-Duo-RDA_004704d73836_l.jpg

Joyetech is a pretty big company, so kinda curious how this coilless system will work. So many questions, how do you wick it, what is it made of, is it TC capable, wattage capabilities, is it for MTL or DTL, (both?), a million puffs and of course does it have a BF pin? So far, all we have is a little tease, but very curious to see how it works. Anyone else seen this yet?

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Looks like an RTA and the image looks like a cutaway based on the orientation of the heating element and the post sticking out of it.

If that is correct that center channel would likely be for wicking and a strange one to wick for sure.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Looks like an RTA and the image looks like a cutaway based on the orientation of the heating element and the post sticking out of it.

If that is correct that center channel would likely be for wicking and a strange one to wick for sure.
But it says RDA. Maybe drape the wick over and around the heating elements, and what's in the circle a spit guard.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I saw that but if thats an RDA its going to be small and likely a very hot son of a gun. Look how little it is. The heating element would be a droplette away from your lips.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Looks pretty short to me too. I just noticed how that top cap is shaped as though that part in the circle fits in there. No visible threads on the posts so probably just goes into the deck and comes off with cap, maybe. Wouldn't want to have to fiddle with it.

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It does look RTAish, the top cap and base both have orings that look like would secure a glass tank and airflow slots that look more suited for an RTA. Hard to tell from a limited rendering, but maybe the center post is airflow?

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Having tried lots of these "coil less" options in the past, none of them were very satisfying. Maybe, since its not a new concept, joyetech can deliver. But I'm not holding my breath. Size wise, I wouldn't mind short, I mean I use a wasp nano doubt it can get shorter lol

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Having tried lots of these "coil less" options in the past, none of them were very satisfying. Maybe, since its not a new concept, joyetech can deliver. But I'm not holding my breath. Size wise, I wouldn't mind short, I mean I use a wasp nano doubt it can get shorter lol

I don't mind short either, I like several small RDAs Wasp Nano, Hadaly etc. Since it's being put out by Joyetech, I'm interested to see what they've done with the "coilless" technology. I like the general idea of coilless, just have to see if they can deliver.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
After looking at it again I am wondering if the the thing to the right is to prevent spitback and sits on top of the heating element which would make sense for such a short RDA. maybe the plastic is some kind of locking mechanism instead of the usual o-rings.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Could be that, since the seal on the cap looks smaller id than the id of the seal on the base, that when the 2 meet, it creates a vertical seal with the cap fitting inside the deck and the seal on the deck seals the bottom outer edge of the cap. then, if those spit guard posts are threaded/secured, the spit guard could hold the top onto the deck. Where the logo is on the cap could be 2x the width of the guard, allowing cap to twist enough to disengage the guard. Maybe lol

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Every single atty that has ever used these types of heating elements have struck the fuck out. I'm talking everything from crappy performance to possible toxic emissions.

I'm all for new and exciting breakthroughs... But I look back, and have to wonder... If it's not broken, and in coils favor actually works well, then why fuck with it? Coils are easier now than ever to get..

Someone told me they like rta's because they are easy... I think RDAs are as simple as you want to make them. How hard is it to install a round wire build? Just as easy to install a framed staple you bought from a coil Smith or a chain company like Wotofo.

RDAs imo are as simple as it gets. Coils work well and are not made to last forever. Who wants to only vape one kind of coil. I like to change it up.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I have been seeing this everywhere and I don't think it is going to work out. I have seen "coil less" attys come and go, with the last one being the coil less rda known as the Ncr. I was tempted to buy one of those and try it out, because I only use rda's. But after looking it up again to buy, I found some disturbing news about it. Apparently it poses a health hazard by inhaling Aluminum Nitride, which was used in making the "heating block." So yeah that is going to be a no for me. Now I am not saying the Ijoy will have the same issue, but in my opinion I will just pass all together. Besides I hate tanks, rta's, rdta's etc.

Here is a link to the page that posted the warning on the Ncr.

http://vaping360.com/ncr-nicotine-reinforcer-rda/

I´m always interested in innovations but

1. I got a ton of wire to use
2. I wanna wait patiently to the facts and reviews thinking about the NCR issue

but wicking this thing must be a joy

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I'm sure those heat plates aren't going to last forever. You're not going to be able to make one with two cents worth of wire. You won't have the flexibility either in heat dispersion and resistance. You're at the mercy then of Joyetech to purchase replacements. Wicking this would be only marginally easier than wicking a single coil rebuild-able anyway. Anyway in about 6 months everybody and their uncle will have some version of this.

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had my Joyetech Riftcore Duo from Heaven Gifts for almost a week and I have been pleasantly surprised. I took it all apart to check it out and it is machined very well, threads are smooth, everything fits snug and comes with all the expected extras, even a set of tweezers. It is easy to fill, just slide the top cap, unlike a couple of reviews I've seen, I did not have to remove or lift the drip tip to slide the top cap. The resistance was just right, easy to slide but snug enough that it is not going to open by accident. I would have liked the fill port to be a tad bigger, I didn't have issues filling with any unicorn or plastic bottles, but some glass droppers may be an issue.

Wicking is about as simple as it gets and doesn't need much cotton at all. You could probably wick it at least a dozen times with a single Muji cotton type pad. The RFC heating element heats up quickly and evenly. The flavor was quite good, I didn't notice any off or strange flavor coming from the RFC. With both elements, mine read 0.28 ohms and they suggest 40-50 watts. I tried it at many different wattages and liked it best at 45w. I tried it 60w and it vaped alright, but really needs more airflow. It did work very well as a MTL, I closed off the airflow and vaped it at 28-30w and it worked very well. I got a very nice MTL vape, I was kinda surprised, didn't think it would have been enough to heat up the element, but worked nicely. The inner chamber is quite shallow and rounded which is probably why I got a good MTL vape. I tried different juices and the RFC didn't get too badly gunked up and it was easy to clean, without cotton, just heat it for a few seconds at 30w a couple times.

The only con I have is, I would have liked to have a little more airflow as it does get a little warm when chain vaping. Overall, I was quite pleased and didn't know what to expect since this was the first coilless tank I had tried. I think a squonk RDA would work nice with this coilless tech. I went to Joyetech's site to see what the RFC is made of and find more info. The RFC is made in the USA, but couldn't find what the materials were. They did have a MSDS report, but would like to have more details. http://www.joyetech.com/product/riftcore-duo/

Overall, it's a nice tank and works well. This isn't a tank for people that like to build and want the flexibility and customization that a traditional rebuildable offers. It is a good choice for someone that wants to transition from a sub-ohm tank and doesn't know how or intimidated to build or tired of constantly buying heads, or someone that has a hard time building, physical reasons and such, or someone that wants a simple low maintenance tank. Simple to clean, easy and cheap to maintain.

Ym4C9vM.jpg

I took out one of the RFCs, just to check it out.
VbOqwIj.jpg

Here's the airflow slot with the RFC removed
EqiIcz8.jpg

Doesn't get any simpler to wick than this.
BO1rx6L.jpg

Wicks ready to go, very small inner chamber
7Y58REZ.jpg

Didn't need to remove the drip tip to refill
DAFi7yM.jpg

And here it is out in the wild. Just had to include that sign I saw while walking, just so many questions raised by that sign. o_O
EzLFHUr.jpg

berryfreak57

Member For 1 Year
Mine should be here Monday. Ordered right off the Joytech US site. curious to see it first hand and decide for myself.
It helped to have some points on hand to lower the price. lol

berryfreak57

Member For 1 Year
20180611_141226.jpg It arrived! Says 40-50 watts. I like it better at 60 but that is just me. Flavor is as good as their Pro Air tanks. No coils to mess with. No dry hits yet.
I wish it held more e-liquid but I can live with it as is. Glad I paid less then $45 for it at first, but now I would have no issues paying more, especially if they come out with a bubble glass for it.
Good job Joytech. Overall I am happy with it.

berryfreak57

Member For 1 Year
View attachment 113460 It arrived! Says 40-50 watts. I like it better at 60 but that is just me. Flavor is as good as their Pro Air tanks. No coils to mess with. No dry hits yet.
I wish it held more e-liquid but I can live with it as is. Glad I paid less then $45 for it at first, but now I would have no issues paying more, especially if they come out with a bubble glass for it.
Good job Joytech. Overall I am happy with it.
**UPDATE**
The more I play with it, the more I am disliking the airflow. Very small drip tip. Wide open its a very restricted lung hit. That with juice capacity will keep me from getting another. This is ONLY my opinion. Others may love the hit from it.

Hi all bros. I got leaking issue at airflow . Today I have try few times and all is leaking . I refill and the airflow is close . After that when open the airflow , many juice is leaking . Please advice what should I do .

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi all bros. I got leaking issue at airflow . Today I have try few times and all is leaking . I refill and the airflow is close . After that when open the airflow , many juice is leaking . Please advice what should I do .
If you can post a pic so people can have a better idea of how the wicking looks.

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Make sure you have enough cotton, if you don't have enough you will have some seeping issues. I've been using mine daily with no issues. Make sure you squeeze the cotton and it has a snug fit when you wick it. If you still have problems, post a couple pics and see if we can help from there.

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still using my Riftcore Duo pretty regularly and it's still holding up very well. I've been using it for my coffee vapes, I really like the occasional coffee vape, but they are such coil killers and for me, this has been a great tank to vape them from. Much more handy to dry burn than frequent rebuilds for those coil gunkers. HG has them on their Anniversary Flash Sales today for $30 https://www.heavengifts.com/

VU Sponsors