Become a Patron!

CoilArt Mage - I won!

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I was very lucky and won this CoilArt Mage tank recently, (thank you @CoilART vapor ) and have had a couple of days with it so I wanted to share my experience with it so far. I am NOT by any means a writer or experienced reviewer but let's give this a go.

Looks: The Mage is a 24mm RTA so it has a bit of an overhang if you put it on a 22mm mod but I wanted to note that this Mage looks especially nice on my H-Priv, no overhang at all.
The mage has an awesome shorty profile and well designed delrin top that feels comfortable on the lip and makes it easy to top fill.

The build deck: I am a novice when it comes to building and installing coils but there is a couple things that I found about this deck that are really neat. The velocity post grub screws grab great and for the first time ever I didn't clip the coil wire when I cranked down on the allen key. The deck rotates and after you install the chimney barrel on to the deck it makes it so easy to wick. This thing wicks so well that EVEN I HAVE NOT GOT ONE DRY HIT and I can build and wick dry hitting RTA's with the best of em.

The vape and flavor: I put it all together using 2 pre-built 24GA nichrome .6 ohm coils wrapped around 1.75mm rod I'm guessing and using Japanese Organic cotton. The airflow is not huge but it is ample enough for me and really produces a warm dense flavor that I am VERY happy with. The vapor production is great...my wife complained a little louder than normal when I was "testing" the cloud capability. I have some clapton wire on the way so I can only imagine how much better the flavor and vapor production will be once I change the build.

Final thoughts: I will be using this tank exclusively on my H-Priv simply because it looks so damn sexy and this tank definitely deserves a place in my daily rotation. I plan on getting another Mage and will be using it on my Hotcig DX200
ed49caee92f44c46e8e267d6cc73ce37.jpg

bc1d2b601ca3fef13276414b39eafac1.jpg

4f3eb196c3c22f9ad58a760ef1a5d665.jpg

VAPE ON!

noejuice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Congratulations on your win! That's excellent; I really enjoyed reading your 'review' and you taking the time to tell us about your experiences with this fine tank. Way to go!

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
are you having issues getting the top cap to unscrew? mine is a total PITA..i have to keep a grippy thing laying around to refil mine

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
are you having issues getting the top cap to unscrew? mine is a total PITA..i have to keep a grippy thing laying around to refil mine
I was until I realized that I didn't have to screw it on so tight. It doesn't leak if you just screw it on gently tight, instead of gorilla tight.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
mine leaks when it wants to
i was on vacation for 4 days and it didnt leak came home didnt leak for 3 more days
then overnight just now i woke up and my mod was cover ed in juice and I changed nothing
its really confusing

CoilART vapor

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
VU Challenge Sponsor
mine leaks when it wants to
i was on vacation for 4 days and it didnt leak came home didnt leak for 3 more days
then overnight just now i woke up and my mod was cover ed in juice and I changed nothing
its really confusing
You should take him to travel :hamster:

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
gratz on the win George glad to hear your digging something with my name on it...even thou I had no hand in that :D

VU Sponsors