Become a Patron!

CoilArt Coils

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
About a month ago I was contacted by @John Mcleish and was asked if I would be interested in trying the new coils by CoilArt and sharing my feedback and impressions with the members of VU, of course I said yes!
After a day or so I was contacted by theCoilArt team and after answering a few questions and giving my mailing address, I was told the coils were on the way. Now, a month later I find myself with 45 different coils.
Little did I know what I was getting into...there are three different coil models and each model has 5 TC / 5 Clapton / 5 Twisted versions. I had to start somewhere so here goes...

0418162111-1[1].jpg
I decided to start with the CTOCC pack, cleaned my Subtank Plus and loaded a 0417160534-1[1].jpg 26GA Clapton.
After juicing up the coil and installing it I filled the tank with some Brew City Straffles. The coil ohmed (is that a word?) out at .62 which is very close to what that coil should according to the chart.
After breaking in the coil rather slowly at first I had going at 55 watts and all I can say is WOW. This coil is a bit power hungry but the reward for feeding more wattage to it is the outstanding flavor of waffles covered in strawberries. I have bumped the wattage up to 75 watts but didn't notice a huge increase in flavor but there was definitely more vapor, so much vapor my wife made me close the door to my office. I am nearing the end of my second tank full and the flavor is getting better than it started out at.
This particular coil I will be putting a !!! on the chart so I don't forget which coils I like best. This is only the first one I'v tried but if the rest are anything like this one I think we may have a win situation. Enough for tonight, take care everyone and I will be editing and updating this thread as time goes by.
The only problem I see is that I don't have enough tanks to try very many of these coils at once. Will be setting up my Morph tank to try the Twisted Hive CTOCC coil next.

Well done ! :p I've tried is the cCell so in comparison the coilart ceramic coil has little better air flow than the cCell but still more restrictive than I like.
:banana:

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well done ! :p I've tried is the cCell so in comparison the coilart ceramic coil has little better air flow than the cCell but still more restrictive than I like.
:banana:

I do not have any of the ceramic coils at all since the team didn't send any. I do have TC Combo / Clapton Combo / Twisted Combo for the CTOCC / CTBVC / CTCL to keep me busy.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As promised I have next up on the list the Hive coil from the CTOCC Twisted Combo pack. I installed it in my ECIGGITY / EHPRO Morph tank using the Sub adapter.
0417160524-1[1].jpgI juiced up the coil and filled up the tank with De-Ja Juice Sweet Melon which has always been one of my favorites.
Again, after breaking in the coil slowly (I don't have to tell you how important this part is for coil longevity and flavor production) I had worked up to 50 Watts and the flavor peaked out around there. No dry hits after chain vaping enough to know it was time to slow down a bit. This coil is not as power hungry as the 26GA Clapton and I think I'v settled at the best flavor at 45 Watts. This coil will also receive a !!! rating from me.
More to come as I start loading the CTBC coils into my Melo2 and Ceramikas Tanks next. Stay tuned.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey everyone, here is a quick review on the NI200 coil from the CTBVC CoilArt pack. I installed it in my MeloIII Tank and am using Beyond the Bottlez Skitz-O-Fritz. After cleaning the old juice from the tank and installing and juicing up the NI200 coil I filled the tank. Using my Wismec TC75 at 47.5 watts and 550F the vape is truly great! LOTS of air flow, I tried my 4mm coil jig inside the coil and it was way bigger. Maybe 5mm airflow through the center of the coil. I had kind of given up on Melo EC NI200 coils and have been going with Stainless steel coils but I can say that with the airflow, flavor and vapor production of this coil I would go back for more. So far I haven't tried a coil that I didn't like. Kudos CoilArt.

VU Sponsors