Become a Patron!

coil wrapping

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html?mat=ka&s=dp&r=0.39&awg=24&id=3.175

rounded to "full wraps" 8
rounded to "half wraps" 9/8

is the 9 the 2 half wraps for the legs ?

"Half wraps" are for those attys where the leads are facing in opposite directions when you mount them -- like a kayfun for example, or the Berserker for a more up to date example. Full wraps are for those attys where the 2 leads are facing in the same direction for mounting, like the kind that go thru the posts, or the kind that clamp.

Andria

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
"Half wraps" are for those attys where the leads are facing in opposite directions when you mount them -- like a kayfun for example, or the Berserker for a more up to date example. Full wraps are for those attys where the 2 leads are facing in the same direction for mounting, like the kind that go thru the posts, or the kind that clamp.

Andria

You got it backwards :/

http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html?mat=ka&s=dp&r=0.39&awg=24&id=3.175

rounded to "full wraps" 8
rounded to "half wraps" 9/8

is the 9 the 2 half wraps for the legs ?

The 9/8 means basically one side will look like 9 wraps, and the other will look like 8 - also called 8.5 wraps, 8 and a half wraps, etc - this is for coils where legs both go the same direction

Coils with legs that go opposite sides are counted in full wraps - add another half a wrap to get one leg on the same side as the other

MichaelPhillips

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just looked at steam engine.....

Number of wraps
If you're making a coil for an atomizer where both the coil legs point in the same direction, the "Number of wraps rounded to half wraps" is the result you want. If you're coiling for an atomizer where the legs point in the opposite direction, use the "Number of wraps rounded to full wraps" result.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh well, I'm backwards in a lot of things. I still love my tight draw, and you'll never find me clouding up a whole damn room and pissing off everyone! :D

Andria

MichaelPhillips

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just good flavor for me.. 20 gauge 6 wraps 24 gauge 9 or 10 wrap. Have to stay as wide as the bottom air flow holes..

VU Sponsors