VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
stick with Kanthal

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
if you are allergic to nickel is one reason, the other is the metal comp of other wires is another.
Vaping safe equals vaping happy.

got size 28-32, 30 will still be semi easy to work with and give you a decent coil size to keep you in regular regulated device hapiness.

if you are allergic to nickel is one reason, the other is the metal comp of other wires is another.
Vaping safe equals vaping happy.

got size 28-32, 30 will still be semi easy to work with and give you a decent coil size to keep you in regular regulated device hapiness.
K thanks i got 27 and i make my coils with 6 wraps how many wraps should i be doing

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Personally I try and keep mom's coils around 1.2-1.5 but I do a 8-10 parallel wrap with 34 ga.
To hot you will cook off the juice and vape the silicone, and not fire if on a regulated mod.

Now my builds are .15 and up. just depends on my shits and giggles at the time.

Last edited:

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah it all depends on your build and your device. On my tugboat I run two 10wrap 28ga 2mm coils and usually get about 1 ohm. On my hobo I stuck with a single 8 wrap parallel 28g 2mm for.6 ohm and that's been performing very well for me. I've only started toying with parallel coils and find you get the benefit of lower resistance but not the slower heat up time of the larger gauge wire. YMMV

VU Sponsors