Become a Patron!

Coil overheating?

I have a smok g150 with a big baby beast on it. Each time i hit it it, the coil heats up 2-3 degrees celsius. Is this normal?? How much should it be heating up each hit? Thanks for the help.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Yes the coils heat up, otherwise you wouldn't successfully vape :) however I'm sure you're talking about the little temperature display on most if not all smok mods, that isn't the coils temperature measurement. Its normal that tank and mod heating up, together with the coil, and nothing you need to worry about, unless its an magnificent increase. For example, your mod show 34C and increases in temperature slightly, its fine. Now if your mod shows 100C after a 2-4 second hit, I'll be worried.

As long as you have good quality batteries, high drain and not some cheap eBay knockoffs, her good to go.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Not sure I understand your question OP the coil is going to heat up a lot more than 2-3.C when you press the fire button try a couple of hundred degrees and your in the right ballpark

It has to heat up to turn your e juice to vapour

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The celsius reading on the smok mods around the 20-30c range (temp control usually starts at 100c at the bottom end) is the pcb board temp of the internals. It shows how much the board/chip inside is heating up and chain vaping will usually heat it up a bit. Kind of a cool feature but pretty much pointless since there's no listed specs of what the 'safe operating' temps are.

For instance a temp reading for the cpu on a pc, if it's an older amd fx and the cpu temp is 60c that's a problem. On an intel cpu from the same era 60c isn't a problem at all with a max ceiling of around 100c. If neither of those ceilings were listed then getting a cpu temp reading of 60c - well ok, what do you do with that? Normally my smok alien pcb temps are around 25-32c but I have nothing to compare it against. It would mean more if they stated 'max safe pcb temp is 40c' but it could be anywhere from 35c to 100c for all I know.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
The celsius reading on the smok mods around the 20-30c range (temp control usually starts at 100c at the bottom end) is the pcb board temp of the internals. It shows how much the board/chip inside is heating up and chain vaping will usually heat it up a bit. Kind of a cool feature but pretty much pointless since there's no listed specs of what the 'safe operating' temps are.

For instance a temp reading for the cpu on a pc, if it's an older amd fx and the cpu temp is 60c that's a problem. On an intel cpu from the same era 60c isn't a problem at all with a max ceiling of around 100c. If neither of those ceilings were listed then getting a cpu temp reading of 60c - well ok, what do you do with that? Normally my smok alien pcb temps are around 25-32c but I have nothing to compare it against. It would mean more if they stated 'max safe pcb temp is 40c' but it could be anywhere from 35c to 100c for all I know.

Did he mean the CPU Syn? It’s the coil bit that threw me

VU Sponsors