Become a Patron!

coil not detected on aegis legend

I've tried known good attys I have that work fine on all my other mods,I have removed the 510 plate on the mod,visually watched the pin receed down as I installed the attys, I ohmed out the main ground, positive and negative coming out of the 510 ,it's ok. Anybody have any suggestions? Besides a $90 paperweight.geek vape have a fix?I also reset the mod and firmware is updated.tried different batteries also.
Thanks in advance.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
we’re the contacts dirty inside or had juice found it’s way onto the board?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
1. Have you checked the coil on a TAB, or ohm meter?

2. If so what's it reading out to be?

3. What is lowest that mod will fire?

we’re the contacts dirty inside or had juice found it’s way onto the board?

Does the Legend see a coil on any Atomizer?

6. The mod is a regulated one, I presume?

These questions can really be asked in any random order. Point is they're questions we all use troubleshooting. Once we get answers, might get a few solutions, or maybe a few more questions. That'll keep on until the solution works out or it becomes a mu. May need to send the mod back for refund, replacing. Sometimes D.O.A gear slips by Q.C. & ships out to customer. No one is perfect yet that is our perfection. :)

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
My Legend just started with the same problem. Worked fine one minute and then started telling me coil not detected. Went through the standard checklist and still no luck. When I press on the pin it comes up very slowly whereas with my other (less used) Legend it pops right back up. The one that isn't working was probably purchased in January or before. I've put the tank on my other mod and it works fine and putting that mod's tank on the bad one doesn't work, so it's definitely the mod.

I've turned it upside down over a paper towel to see if any juice may have gotten into the fixings. When opening the rubber over the charger port there was some moisture inside. The mod has experienced some tank leaks where the liquid could be seen inside the display, but that was months ago.

Looking online there are numerous instances where people were having the same problem. I think it's the pin. Hopefully leaving it open and turning it upside down will drain any liquid that might be preventing the pin from popping up all the way.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Looking online there are numerous instances where people were having the same problem. I think it's the pin. Hopefully leaving it open and turning it upside down will drain any liquid that might be preventing the pin from popping up all the way.

If these are spring loaded contact pins it may not be due to liquids. I'm sure liquids may have been one vector, or at least not a helpful thing. Still, my thinking would be that it sounds like a spring has gone foul, come unsprung.

I've a Smok M22 that I'm thinking that's the issue. I've taken it apart too look at, observation without getting into a fit with it. Everything seems to be dry, in place and looks to be functional. Slap an RDA on it and yes swap to a standard drip pin, does not see the coil. "Chk Atmzr" error comes up. So, I tighten, loosen the RDA still hits that error.

I do believe the Smok 22s had a spring loaded contact pin iirc. So, that's what I'm figuring, spring gone bad. I'm sure I likely could find a spring for it, then put a it in. I'm also sure I don't think it's worth the hassle of that. Thing is a few years old.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you have the 510 disconnected, hold the mod upside down and dip the 510 assembly into some isopropyl alcohol and work the pin around, repeating this several times.
Let it dry for like an hour and see what happens. Can't hurt and it's worked for me on other mods.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Near as I've ever been able to determine, e-liquid is not a good conductor at all. If it gets in between stuff it can open the circuit, not actually cause a short one.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Rinse out the 510 with hot water, they must have an o-ring under the pin to keep it sealed. I juice gets in there and gunks it up it will stick. Btw the liquid that gets under the plate is between the cover plate and the sealed glass.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just use this and be vaping in minutes............ :vino:

View attachment 143340

Don't you mean this stuff, though?

multi-use-spray-wd-40-100ml.jpg

VU Sponsors