Become a Patron!

Coil Issue

Ok got my new mod today and attempted to build a couple coils. They look like coils but I cannot get them to fire. I checked the ohms prior to placing on mod both read appx. .8 ohms. I do have an old school analog meter in case ya wondering. Batteries are reading at 3.7. No contact with other coils or body of mod. Any ideas ? Look at pics below.

Side note when I place coil on mod (with no battery) my ohms do not read anything not sure if this is normal.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1enLkwR9uPcdlQ2c3VnV3NoYzA&authuser=0

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1enLkwR9uPcVHNLYS1CZlNfWEk&authuser=0

Last edited:

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
if the batteries are reading at 3.7volts then they're just about dead. The 18650's your using in that fu Chi are supposed to come off the charger at 4.2volts.There's one thing that's not kosher with your statement.

It was actually the fire pin needed adjusted. Btw when I hit this it sends me into a coughing fit and not much more vapor. Any ideas.

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It was actually the fire pin needed adjusted. Btw when I hit this it sends me into a coughing fit and not much more vapor. Any ideas.

Yep, its a dual coil and both the coils aren't firing at the same time. one is burning hotter than the other. You need to start from the ground up. Remove the cotton, and fire it, make sure that both coils are glowing from the inside out at the same time, if not use ceramic tweezers to adjust until they do. If you don't have ceramic tweezers, use regular ones just make sure your not hitting the fire button when you touch the coils. but there are more factors, make sure your coils are completely saturated with e-liquid... if your sub ohming then anything higher than 12mg will make you cough like mad. Use lower strength nicotine and higher VG liquid

Last edited:

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If one coil is hotter then the other and they are definitely equal its a connection usually. Just tighten the weaker coils screws down.

Doots

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If tightening doesnt do it start over as Tim said,

VU Sponsors