coil ideas

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a ipv2.1 50 watts. Haze rda. Im looking for some dual coil build ideas for clouds. I have 28,27,26 & 24 gauge kanthol. I have a 9 wrap 26 awg 2.4 id @ .5 atm. I recently had a .4 build with 24 awg 8 or 9 wrap 3 mm id, and think i got better clouds on that. But i noticed the 24 awg had much longer ramp up where 26 is instant. Can someone recommend a good simple dual build for bigger clouds? Eg. GAuge, wraps, id ect. I plan on getting a sig 150 soon, but atm is 24 awg ok to use on 50 watt? Like a .3/.4 build

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You may wanna try a 2.4mm inner diameter with the 24g. It'll be a little lower resistance-wise and should ramp up a little faster for you. That's my go-to inner diameter and it seems to work really well with any coil i go with. Sometimes small details like that are all you need to change. Go with the same number of wraps and see what happens. It may hit that sweet spot for ya :p

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right now on my sig 150 and doge I got a 6 wrap 24g duel 3mm Id at around 75-80 watts and it's kicking some clouds and flavor. But I also do love a duel parrelel with 26g

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks guys i used my 2.5 mm rod on my coiler tool instead of the 3 mm. Ramp up is much faster then with the 3mm. Its 24 gauge 9 wrap 2.5 mm id, switches between .3 .4 ohm. My eleaf ohm meter broke, peice of crap with the attachment you need to put on for 510. Its stuck on there so tight it wont read. But i've been ok building w.o one for now till i get one. Im only building .3-.5 duals. Next ohm reader i get will be one made for510. May get the round efest it charges with usb.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is that why people blow first before taking hit to heat coils up? i did that with the 3mm id & it helped alot, otherwise half your hit is just air lol

Ice_Berg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is that why people blow first before taking hit to heat coils up? i did that with the 3mm id & it helped alot, otherwise half your hit is just air lol
If you blow, your coil is just gonna take as long to heat up. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you let your coil ramp up for about a half second before inhaling, it should help with the slower ramp up times.

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When people blow they are waiting for the coils to ramp up. So when they start inhaling the coils are hot and producing maximum vapor.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya thats what i thought

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's a cloud comp tactic. Completely empties your lungs while getting things heated up. Then you know the vapor is rolling when you switch to the inhale. I don't do it personally because it can cause juice to blow out the intake of my rda if I have a fresh drip.

VU Sponsors