Become a Patron!

coil ideas? plume veil 1.5

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi peeps I have some 26g a1 kanthal, Plume veil 1.5 and a Istick 50w at the moment needs some New coil ideas please

McChuckin

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi peeps I have some 26g a1 kanthal, Plume veil 1.5 and a Istick 50w at the moment needs some New coil ideas please

McChuckin
60898f66eabc822fea7e1cb5d7e88faf.jpg

10 wrap dual 26 guage kanthal on the mutation v3 vapes great at 50 watts
Couldn't tell you the guage of my screwdriver I wrapped it around comes out to just under .6 though

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice build, I Havnt dine 10 wrap yet. I've done about every other though from 1/6 to 7/64ths and I'm trying to get the best flavor and vapor from it. I 've done coils close to the air slits, close to the post twisted 26g single coil to triple parallel coils. I did a 7 wrap on 7/64this dual which was nice but. Seeing what's better I've been Vaping 4 months and have a sigelei 150w oni coming this week I'm stoked

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just got my sigeli the other day. So far its amazing. Way better battery life than my mechs. I'm sure you will not be disappointed

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah it looks great first bug box mid g it some 25rs to go with it, nooowww I can't wait for the goliath rta v2 to start selling

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Get some 24g wire. Performs much better in an rda than 26g. The sig will have the power to run it as hard as you want.

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice I had planned to get some larger wire I had bought 100ft 26 to start with, 24g seems to be the go to wire for rbas and high watt devices, thanks man

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does twisted wire perform better at higher wattage? Doesn't seem to be all the hype atleast within 50 watts?

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Some people say yes, some say the difference is negligible. I personally get what I need from standard builds. I would find a simple build that performs well, and then experiment with fancy builds. You might like the fancy stuff. Get the simple stuff sorted first though. Having a second rda for playing with might be a good idea so you have a daily driver ready to go while you're in the lab screwing with your experimental piece.

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I also find my standard wire is better I've built a ton of coils and find the standard wire and parallel coils are performing better, maybe perform better with higher watts. Yeah I've been looking at the clt 3, freakshow mini maybe my next rda. Anyone tried the n23 cigreen? Got airflow for days 25 adjustable holes cloud chucker lol. Don't know how the flavor would be. Will be getting the goliath v2 soon

2015-03-26_15.21.09.jpg I need help! I have 26g. & 28g kanthal wire. I'm definitely a beginner to building. Considering the amount of flavor a plume veil provides I'm looking for a coil build for vapor production. Should I build a dual triple or a quad? I just want a simple build and huge clouds, I'm rockin' a 50w istick and plume veil.

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've done it several ways, you could do a dual 8 wraps on 3/32, 7/64 bit. Also did a 3 strand single parallel 5 wrap on 3/32 or 7/64ths bit. You could also twist up some wire together with a drill. Alot of it is trial and error for your taste. You will build lots and lots of different coils lol, check out rip trippers on different coil styles. The bigger the,coil and lower the ohm the faster the battery drains. I also was using 26g kana1 so with 28 it would heat up quicker and ohm higher. I use the Micro coil app to help with ohm predictions, happy building! ;)

Like I said I'm a beginner so I only understood a small portion of that o don't have a drill. I'm juat trying to figure out how Manu wraps and should I use 26g or 28g I'm using a kuro cw20. Do it's 2mm or I have precision screw drivers to wrap around. Do I do s dual triple or quad coil? Sorry I'm still illiterate lol

dingo1799

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
when i used veils, i always ran vert coils in them, seemed to work so much better. from what ive played with in the twisted wire category, they seem to be juice and battery eaters without much more of a result. ill stick with good old nichrome and standard builds, not into going through 3/4 of a bottle of juice in 45 min to try to impress people. i also like to taste my juice, so the big cloud builds arent for me.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I do twisted wire for flavor. Running 4 wraps of quad twisted 26g is a beast. But i cant fit it in the plume. Id use 24g parallel sleeper 5 or 6 wraps. Hot hot vape but good on flavor and monster vapor. Only downfall i have with parallels is they make my juice pop a lot.
edit: for standard builds i use 22g or even 20g a1 kanthal.

dingo1799

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do twisted wire for flavor. Running 4 wraps of quad twisted 26g is a beast. But i cant fit it in the plume. Id use 24g parallel sleeper 5 or 6 wraps. Hot hot vape but good on flavor and monster vapor. Only downfall i have with parallels is they make my juice pop a lot.
edit: for standard builds i use 22g or even 20g a1 kanthal.

i'd like to see an istick that would push that without self destructing......

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i'd like to see an istick that would push that without self destructing......
Sorry, got carried away. 5 or 6 wraps dual 26g should suffice.
My only regulated box is the vs rdna40 and it pushes most of my builds just with a weaker draw than on my mechs... so i was just thinkin.

dingo1799

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like I said I'm a beginner so I only understood a small portion of that o don't have a drill. I'm juat trying to figure out how Manu wraps and should I use 26g or 28g I'm using a kuro cw20. Do it's 2mm or I have precision screw drivers to wrap around. Do I do s dual triple or quad coil? Sorry I'm still illiterate lol

steam-engine.org

go to coil wrapping. plug in what you want/what youve got and it tells you what, how, who, and why.

wrap dual coils, 2mm, 7 wraps of 28ga kanthal, should come out right around half an ohm. sweet spot for that build will be around 24w. with that low of wattage, you should have decent batt life, and plenty of room to bump it up to warm it up and fiddle with it

let me try to find a pic of the last time i built a veil. ill show you something thatll help.
fc55212e2e0d2fd22be4f80dce94ecda.jpg

Space those coils out away from the center, as close to the air ports as you can, minding to leave enough room to keep the shutters on the cap from hitting them. Let me know how it goes :)

Last edited:

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If your coil wrapper has a bigger setting say 2.4 which is 3/32 do 6 Or 7 wraps dual coils, or 10 wrap single coil. Try to make your coil close to the air slots when you screw them in tight should work fine. The micro coil app works great for new users not as complicated as others

Last edited:

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A parallel wrap is using more than just one wire at a time as you wrap your coils to cover more surface area. Also if you check out youtube like rip trippers or Google coil wrapping to get more info. Your best bet is to head to your local Vape shop, they would most likely be able to teach you coil wrapping 101 and battery safety and such to be most helpful

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
60898f66eabc822fea7e1cb5d7e88faf.jpg

10 wrap dual 26 guage kanthal on the mutation v3 vapes great at 50 watts
Couldn't tell you the guage of my screwdriver I wrapped it around comes out to just under .6 though
Those are some fine clean coils there brah

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah I also find my standard wire is better I've built a ton of coils and find the standard wire and parallel coils are performing better, maybe perform better with higher watts. Yeah I've been looking at the clt 3, freakshow mini maybe my next rda. Anyone tried the n23 cigreen? Got airflow for days 25 adjustable holes cloud chucker lol. Don't know how the flavor would be. Will be getting the goliath v2 soon

If your looking for a good flavor rda, check out the mad hatter. Same design as the freskshow with bottom airflow but it doesn't leak unless you tip it over. The walls are very thick so it gives you incredible flavor and if you open it all the way and use the stock drip tip, you get tons of vapor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Clouds are going to come from the airflow and device more than your build. Obviously ohm of coil and watts have a lot to do with it too, but you need to have tons of airflow. Something like the freakshow, or marquis will give you ok clouds, but their designed for flavor. You want something with lots of airflow and a chuff drip tip.

I would step up to a little bigger diameter though. You went more coil to produce vapor and you need it to be able to supply a lot of juice.

And don't forget, be safe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keep it simple, a .5 dual coil with 28g in a plume veil is a good place to start. Get the hang of building basic setups before getting into more complex builds or running out and buying a bunch of new RDAs.

You can find a TON of plume veil videos on YouTube, it's a good base to start on. I'd strongly suggest staying away from parallel or twisted builds for a while yet. Take it easy and stay safe, it will all come in time. :)

pjerzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For my plume veil I have done a single coil 28g parallel build. Great flavor and not bad clouds. I plan on doing it with 26g next time I need to rebuild. So far that's my favorite build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors