Coil Cleaning

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
As far as I know, pulsing/firing it is the only way. I guess you could put the RDA deck in a USC. But you would still have to pulse/fire after it's cleaned in order to ensure there were no hotspots created from the USC vibrations affecting the coil(s).

Big Bair

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have you tried a toothbrush? Or soft wire brush for jewelry?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is there a way to clean my coil without changing to a new one, other than firing it to burn gunk off and rinsing?
If a replaceable coilhead not really. Ultra sonic cleaner maybe.....

Have to be able to remove wick or use silica or SS wicks to dry burn.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Whatever cleaning method you do is going to start with pulsing the “gunk” off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice avatar OP, Love Chappelle!

I pulse the coils to clean the gunk off, then drop them in a cup of hot water and stir them around for a bit. Take the coils out to air dry and then rinse repeat if necessary. If they don't look right after the second hot water dip, I pitch them and install new ones. Just my .2¢.

entropy1049

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I typically fire coils after removing cotton, get them glowing nicely, then release power switch and immediately place glowing coils under a very slight drip of running water being careful to wet only coils, not atty or mod. You’ll be amazed at how pristine your coils will be after one cycle of this.

PS- Don’t even try this if you don’t think you can manage it without soaking your rig.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I tried all these last night guys, i ended up tossing it and installing a new one. lol. tried a ID of 3 instead of 2.5 this time and the results im getting are just wonderful! lol the snauzberries taste like snauzberries again! :D
Eventually they will stop getting clean. The fancy coils seem to go longer in my experience.

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Toothbrush with organic non-scented castile soap. You can scrub the coil attached and the base of the atty, then if you have one, throw it in the ultrasonic cleaner afterwards for about 5 minutes followed by a final rinse. Good to go!

Vapellie

Member For 4 Years
https://www.fasttech.com/product/7560600-vape-cleaning-brush-for-e-cigarette

I bought one of these from Youde UD at a vape expo (although coil master also make one), it's just a tiny wire brush but once you dry burn you can get the gunk off your coils. Really good for things like Clapton coils.

I'm sure you can get them in the US, but I'm in UK so I wouldn't know who is a good online vendor!

It's metal so don't fire while you're brushing the coils with it though

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
https://www.fasttech.com/product/7560600-vape-cleaning-brush-for-e-cigarette

I bought one of these from Youde UD at a vape expo (although coil master also make one), it's just a tiny wire brush but once you dry burn you can get the gunk off your coils. Really good for things like Clapton coils.

I'm sure you can get them in the US, but I'm in UK so I wouldn't know who is a good online vendor!

It's metal so don't fire while you're brushing the coils with it though

Wow fancy brush! Looks nice, I just have a big old wire brush I go to town with. I'll have to see if I can find one of those

VU Sponsors