Become a Patron!

Coil change and general maitenence.

Hello!
I apologize if this has been asked many tomes and I just didn't find the answer
I started vaping the week after christmas, I have a lovely alpine mod with a aspire atlantis tank. The problem I am running into for the most part involves not knowing when to change the coils. My first atomizer coils set was vaped a little passed when they should have been changed and the second one was changed way too soon. My brother whose been caping longer says I should just be able to tell but after the first set I missed something.

Now my second question is I regularly take the tank off and soak the glass and mouth piece in water while i wipe the other pieces clean. However I've seen a few people online talk about how they rinse the atomizers under water while others in person have told me not to.
Am i doing everything I can when it comes to maintenance? Anything better I could be doing? I love my set up and want to be sure i keep it in the best shape possible.
170faa854776b620b9fcafdb68ef5796.jpg

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I dont have an aspire atlantis but i do have an aspire nautilus using bvc heads, which are similar to atlantis bvc. You will be able to know when the coil needs replaced. The first signs for my bvc is i start getting less vapor production, less flavor. I usually replace then which is around 7-10 days. Im sure atlantis bvc will last alot longer. You can continue using it like this. You'll know its pooched when its tasting bad or burnt. Also i only clean my nautilus when changing flavor. You want to fully dis assemble, rinse each part under warm/hot water., then i fill a bowl of hot water & put each peice in to soak ( drip tip, upper hardware, pyrex glass, bottom hardware) as for atomiser ive heard with bvc you can rinse. I hold under tap right side up so water goes through for around 30 sec. It rinses juice off wick & there pretty white again. Then shake it good or blow through top & set somwhere to dry a day or two.Now they dont taste like new, but it can be done & you will get bit more time outta it.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
When your heads go bad, you WILL know it!

And if you have a toaster oven with a keep warm setting you can put in a piece of aluminum foil or even a small dish and set it for about 120 deg F or so and your stuff will be dry in short time!

Thank you! I think I'm starting to get the early signs of my coils going out. My brother thought I was crazy, but he doesn't use a tank, and said he doesnt really know.

VU Sponsors