Become a Patron!

Coil Builds

kanemccoy.business

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and I'm just getting into the actual coil building. I've just got a regular 24 gauge nano coils wrapped up but for some odd reason I'd like to try something a bit more complex? Haha Any ideas?

Let's see yours!

uploadfromtaptalk1424219448306.jpg

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Jeeze, stay away from Youtube...more folks spinning whatever manner of coils...

Keenanw

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
image.jpg A simple but good one is twisted coils. Here I have two 26 gauge wires twisted and wrapped four times.

Keenanw

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
image.jpg One that's a bit more complicated to get perfect is a dual parallel coil. Take two strands of coil side by side and wrap them around whatever you want to use however many times you feel or whatever will work best for your device. I use 24 gauge kanthal for mine and it never lets me down.

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not into the coil builds my friend?
NOT quite yet, waiting (Grrrr....) on a Valkyrie knock-off, I have no problem, with spinning wire..eyes kinda suck. Got a cheap loupe this weekend, have twist drills, drivers, whatnot, lathe, if need be. J. Fluke to check resultant coils, just can't dig the boredom resulting in so many variations in types of coils..surface area, conduction, resistance, oxidation, there aren't so many variables that there should be the necessity of SO MANY TYPES of coils, fer such a simple task...people get bored, I suppose. I have a little wire. Thought of using ball-point pen springs...

kanemccoy.business

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
NOT quite yet, waiting (Grrrr....) on a Valkyrie knock-off, I have no problem, with spinning wire..eyes kinda suck. Got a cheap loupe this weekend, have twist drills, drivers, whatnot, lathe, if need be. J. Fluke to check resultant coils, just can't dig the boredom resulting in so many variations in types of coils..surface area, conduction, resistance, oxidation, there aren't so many variables that there should be the necessity of SO MANY TYPES of coils, fer such a simple task...people get bored, I suppose. I have a little wire. Thought of using ball-point pen springs...
You're too right, I guess some people are just into it like that. Hopefully I can stick with it bc I'm not interested in going back to smoking at all. I first started with the Ego CE4s but either the tank cracked and started leaking or I sat on it and broke it haha I guess the mods are just a bit durable for my type of... Lifestyle I guess lol

Keenanw

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Both very nice, did you purchase your wire twisted or did you do it yourself with a drill?
I do all of my builds myself and with a drill. I'm sure if you don't have a drill a local shop could twist some up for you. It all depends on your mod and atomizer to gauge what kind of builds you can run safely and efficiently.

VU Sponsors