Become a Patron!

Coil building for mech mods

emt_horton88

Member For 2 Years
So, going through old boxes and stuff here and found this Corsair Mech mod like the copper one in the picture. Girl friend said she bought it years ago, obviously because I had never heard of it and it took us forever to find what it actually was called. Lol. Anyways, I know nothing about mech mods or builds and do not plan on using it or building on it until I have more information, hopefully that’s where you guys come in. When it was sold to her they sold it with Some kind of aspire tank on it and when I took it apart the coil was a .5 coil.

I guess my question is, if I go to build on this what build or what ohm should I be looking at to safely use it. I do not build my own coils and usually buy the pre-made coil packs. The mod uses a single 18650 battery. Any information or resources would be useful. Thanks guys!

Attachments

• 7B7D78A3-52E5-44C7-BA8F-8C8A0E040D58.png
    7B7D78A3-52E5-44C7-BA8F-8C8A0E040D58.png
    358.2 KB · Views: 23

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
So, going through old boxes and stuff here and found this Corsair Mech mod like the copper one in the picture. Girl friend said she bought it years ago, obviously because I had never heard of it and it took us forever to find what it actually was called. Lol. Anyways, I know nothing about mech mods or builds and do not plan on using it or building on it until I have more information, hopefully that’s where you guys come in. When it was sold to her they sold it with Some kind of aspire tank on it and when I took it apart the coil was a .5 coil.

I guess my question is, if I go to build on this what build or what ohm should I be looking at to safely use it. I do not build my own coils and usually buy the pre-made coil packs. The mod uses a single 18650 battery. Any information or resources would be useful. Thanks guys!
I don't know enough about mech's to try to inform you of too much about that particular mod.
There are many here that are expert mech users.
I think all will agree that you have a lot to learn before attempting to use it.
The intended use is for an RDA. If you want to use premade factory coil heads, get or use a regulated mod. What coil to use in an RDA with that mod, would be one of your last questions before coiling it, after you've learned ohm's law, batteries and how to tell which battery and brands are good, how to find out the true ratings of such batteries, and how to safely build (what Ω/resistance) to said battery.

Probably won't be able to tell if it's authentic or original. Here's a vid on orig. that I didn't watch it all but seems it's more for an advanced mech user, not a beginner.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd say a .2 or so should be fine as long as your battery is a 25amp. You can use the screw in the top cap to adjust for battery rattle. It's not a hybrid which is direct connection to the battery so that's a plus for now. Just clean the threads up real good. I use vinegar. Soak for 30 minutes or so and that should clean it up

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

emt_horton88

Member For 2 Years
I'd say a .2 or so should be fine as long as your battery is a 25amp. You can use the screw in the top cap to adjust for battery rattle. It's not a hybrid which is direct connection to the battery so that's a plus for now. Just clean the threads up real good. I use vinegar. Soak for 30 minutes or so and that should clean it up

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

I appreciate the feedback! Thanks!

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Remember you build to your battery, not the RDA or MOD. As mentioned make sure you have a good battery and if you don't already get to know and use http://www.steam-engine.org. 25amp battery the lowest is around .2 as mentioned most of the time it is more 0.27-0.35 for a little better battery life.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
And the amp of the battery isn't necessarily what the label says (or website since they merely repeat what's on the label).
Often the amps on the label are false for our vaping intended use, esp in the 25-35+ range, and this can be a weak link to disaster if you don't know how to find out what your battery can really handle.

VU Sponsors