Become a Patron!

Coil build for Lemo, or other RTA. Need Help!

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok folks, I'm hoping I can get some good feedback for this. I just got my Lemo in the mail today and the build they have on it is shit. I've only been using RDA's since I've started vaping so I'm on rookie status with RTA's. My question is, what is a good ohm level for a RTA, specifically the Lemo? And how many wraps do you do? I noticed Rip Trippers did a single coil and not parallel. Keep in mind I usually liked my RDA to run about .16 - .2 ohms.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The following is a dual micro....24g .2ohm wound around a 3mm mandrel on an Orchid V4
xdhbHRp.png

drs8bwS.png

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Notice that the wicks are NOT touching the juice channels or the air hole!
bzbwZ4K.png

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That looks like a good build and it's helpful to know that about the wicks. I hear they can leak on you if you don't wick them right. But with the Lemo it is only set up for one coil. It just has the two screws on the air deck and the air hole in the middle. I only have 28 and 26 gauge wire at the moment.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Like the Squape R? This one is mine. The key on this build is to make sure the wick completely fills the centre channel but does not extend down the side channels. If it does not completely fill the top centre channel...the juice will bypass it and find it's way to the centre air hole.
3xKcNmZ.png

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah pretty close. I've heard the Lemo build is pretty close to what you would do for a Kayfun. I'm trying to post a picture but my phone/forum is being dumb.

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@franciscan About how many ohms would be a good build for a warm vape on an RTA, like the Kayfun style?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
@franciscan About how many ohms would be a good build for a warm vape on an RTA, like the Kayfun style?
I run .19 on my Orchids....and .5 on my Squape R. Due to the length of the chimney on the Kayfun, it would be hard to get a truly "warm" vape without going with a nano kit...and even then, not as warm as you can achieve on an rda.

Sahsah

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok folks, I'm hoping I can get some good feedback for this. I just got my Lemo in the mail today and the build they have on it is shit. I've only been using RDA's since I've started vaping so I'm on rookie status with RTA's. My question is, what is a good ohm level for a RTA, specifically the Lemo? And how many wraps do you do? I noticed Rip Trippers did a single coil and not parallel. Keep in mind I usually liked my RDA to run about .16 - .2 ohms.
You're not going to be building RTA's the same way you build your RDA's. If you threw a .16 ohm build on your lemo, you'd probably melt the insulator and definitely burn your cotton.

Sahsah

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Notice that the wicks are NOT touching the juice channels or the air hole!
bzbwZ4K.png
He's asking about the lemo ie a single coil, KAYFUN style device. Why are you showing him dual coil builds from an orchid? That's pretty much totally not applicable, since the wicking and coiling are substantially different between these two devices...
Nice build though =]

Heldar

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A good lemo build (at least for me) is 26 gauge wrapped to anywhere from .8 to 1.2 around a 2 or 2.4 mm screwdriver. As far as wicking the key is to pull the cotton thru the coil, put the bottom half of the chimney on and cut the cotton ends right where the cotton meets the top of the bottom half of the chimney and tuck them in as close to the sides of the build deck as possible. In short, build it just like a kayfun, just slightly lower ohms.

Sahsah

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
A good lemo build (at least for me) is 26 gauge wrapped to anywhere from .8 to 1.2 around a 2 or 2.4 mm screwdriver. As far as wicking the key is to pull the cotton thru the coil, put the bottom half of the chimney on and cut the cotton ends right where the cotton meets the top of the bottom half of the chimney and tuck them in as close to the sides of the build deck as possible. In short, build it just like a kayfun, just slightly lower ohms.
I dunno, I build my kayfun's to .8 and a ton of vaper's I've spoke to do the same or lower. When I tried a .7 ohm build on my Lemo drop I didn't get the results I was hoping for, or even expecting, based on all the glowing reviews I'd read and watched on the device. First of all, I'm getting significantly better airflow from my orchid v2 clone by tobeco and while the lemo drop has shined at times, I'm getting inconsistent flavor and have to keep trying to adjust the airflow and wattage to try and get some good flavor. I'm all the way at 32 watts on a .7 ohm 26 guage microcoil wrapped around a 3 mm screwdriver and I'm still getting muted flavor. Somebody help for the love of all that is vaping =\

Last edited:

Heldar

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I dunno, I build my kayfun's to l8 and a ton of vaper's I've talked to do the same or lower. When I tried a .7 ohm build on my Lemo drop I didn't get the results I was hoping for. First of all, I'm getting significantly better airflow from my orchid v2 clone by tobeco and while the lemo drop has shined at times, I'm getting inconsistent flavor and have to keep trying to adjust the airflow and wattage to try and get some good flavor. I'm all the way at 32 watts on a .7 ohm 26 guage microcoil wrapped around a 3 mm screwdriver and I'm still getting muted flavor. Somebody help for the love of all that is vaping =\
Its all about preference, man. For me .8 at 25-30 watts works. But im also very skimpy on the wicking so it can keep up with the heat. Although i agree with the Lemo being a bit temperamental. Its not nearly as consistent as my kayfun/russian, orchid or erl.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He's asking about the lemo ie a single coil, KAYFUN style device. Why are you showing him dual coil builds from an orchid? That's pretty much totally not applicable, since the wicking and coiling are substantially different between these two devices...
Nice build though =]

The Lemo can sure handle dual coil build. Dual 28 or 26 works just fine.

Sahsah

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Its all about preference, man. For me .8 at 25-30 watts works. But im also very skimpy on the wicking so it can keep up with the heat. Although i agree with the Lemo being a bit temperamental. Its not nearly as consistent as my kayfun/russian, orchid or erl.
I'm not sure I follow you; less wicking isn't conducive to better wicking, in fact less wicking is much more prone to causing burnt wick/dry burns, while over-wicking is very susceptible to leaking, since it's bringing in more juice than your coils can vaporize.

Edit, I can admit when I was wrong. Although counterintuitive, I believe the reality is exactly the opposite of what I initially stated above.
I'll go get the dunce cap and face the corner of the room now...

Last edited:

Sahsah

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The Lemo can sure handle dual coil build. Dual 28 or 26 works just fine.
If this person hasn't been able to get the basic single coil build down to where it's functioning properly, what makes you think they're ready to start trying dual coil builds, which the device isn't even made for...?
I'm not saying it can't be done, it's just not designed for that.

Last edited:

Heldar

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not sure I follow you; less wicking isn't conducive to better wicking, in fact less wicking is much more prone to causing burnt wick/dry burns, while over-wicking is very susceptible to leaking, since it's bringing in more juice than your coils can vaporize.
Didn't make much sense to me either till i tried it. Instead of wicking it like a kayfun normally would be, i go a bit shorter where the cotton is barely touching the deck instead of nearly filling it(excluding the juice channels) . It seems to be a bit more consistent for me that way.

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Didn't make much sense to me either till i tried it. Instead of wicking it like a kayfun normally would be, i go a bit shorter where the cotton is barely touching the deck instead of nearly filling it(excluding the juice channels) . It seems to be a bit more consistent for me that way.
Yeah I noticed that if I cut my cotton even with the top part of the chimney(bottom fat piece of chimney) then it is still a bit to much cotton so I trim it up more. To where it's basically just barely touching the deck by the juice channel.

I was able to pull off a dual coil build but it was a bitch! Took me like an hour lol. It was 26 gauge wrapped 5 or 6 times around my smallest screwdriver.

I'm not sure which build I like the most. I've done a couple different builds with 24, 26, and 28 gauge. I'm really looking for the best flavor I can possibly get. They've all been good but I know my biggest problem is that I need a regulated device rather than a mech mod. I do have a Sigelei 150W on the way.

Last edited:
T

Taver13

im running a 1.5 ohm, with 26g single coil in my lemo right now, 25 watts, with the hole closed slightly, 90vg juice, and it is fantasticly flavorful and vaplor productionis good. i found the lemo dosent lend well to mech mods, it definatly likes a regulated better. it definatly likes a higher ohm single coil, when my 30 gauge comes in the vapemail tomorrow, im going to try a 2 ohm coil, and see if i can squeeze some more flavor out of this lemo and mini ipv

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
im running a 1.5 ohm, with 26g single coil in my lemo right now, 25 watts, with the hole closed slightly, 90vg juice, and it is fantasticly flavorful and vaplor productionis good. i found the lemo dosent lend well to mech mods, it definatly likes a regulated better. it definatly likes a higher ohm single coil, when my 30 gauge comes in the vapemail tomorrow, im going to try a 2 ohm coil, and see if i can squeeze some more flavor out of this lemo and mini ipv
Let us know!

Sahsah

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah I noticed that if I cut my cotton even with the top part of the chimney(bottom fat piece of chimney) then it is still a bit to much cotton so I trim it up more. To where it's basically just barely touching the deckhart by the juice channel.

I was able to pull off a dual coil build but it was a bitch! Took me like an hour lol. It was 26 gauge wrapped 5 or 6 times around my smallest screwdriver.

I'm not sure which build I like the most. I've done a couple different builds with 24, 26, and 28 gauge. I'm really looking for the best flavor I can possibly get. They've all been good but I know my biggest problem is that I need a regulated device rather than a mech mod. I do have a Sigelei 150W on the way.
You shoul try out a parallel coil build if you are looking for flavor, or perhaps a twisted coil. To achieve more intense flavor, the key is You want more coil surface area, so that the build can vaporize more juice in the same amount of time. If you go that route, just make sure you're careful and don't build too low as to stress your batteries. Good luck and happy VAPING my cloud-taming brother =]

Sahsah

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Build your lemo to .5, try a 6/7 wrap of 28 guage around a 5/64th (apps 1.8 mm inner diameter of the finished coil) good luck and may the Vape gods smile down on your build lol

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I noticed something, regarding the air flow. So far, I've used the stock coil build. I did a new coil build, 'cause I had to change the wick anyways. I did a 26g 8/7 wrap around a 3mm => 0.8 Ohm. I'll have to re-visit the coil before refilling the tank. I have less air flow than before. I positioned the coil above the air hole, as I'm used to my Kayfuns, which is ca. 1-1.5 mm above the air hole. With the Lemo it needs to be more like 2-2.5mm above the air hole.

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Has anyone had any luck with a chimney coil on the Lemo or the Kayfun?

Sahsah

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Does anyone use the post holes rather than wrapping under the screw heads? If so, why, like what are the benefits you find from doing this?
On another note, I love my lemo drop, but it still hasn't hit its stride for me as far as reaching what I believe could be its potential. For instance, my tobeco orchid v2 still puts out consistently better flair, vapor, and airflow. While the lemo is much easier to build I'd forsake the convenience for the more satisfying Vape. Anyone have any build recommendations that can give my lemo the kick in the ass it needs to overtake my orchid? Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions anyone can offer

happy Vaping =]

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Does anyone use the post holes rather than wrapping under the screw heads? If so, why, like what are the benefits you find from doing this?
On another note, I love my lemo drop, but it still hasn't hit its stride for me as far as reaching what I believe could be its potential. For instance, my tobeco orchid v2 still puts out consistently better flair, vapor, and airflow. While the lemo is much easier to build I'd forsake the convenience for the more satisfying Vape. Anyone have any build recommendations that can give my lemo the kick in the ass it needs to overtake my orchid? Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions anyone can offer

happy Vaping =]
Advantage of using the screw heads is, less loss of power, due to longer "legs".

Have you tried a parallel coil, or a twisted wire coil for improving the flavor?

VU Sponsors