Become a Patron!

Coil art coils

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I recieved 15 of the coil art coils to try out so as I run through them I will be reviewing them in this thread. This is a list of the coils that I recieved. I recieved the ones under TC Combo, Clapton and Twisted.
ctbvc2.jpg

I am currently vaping on the Alien clapton at 50 watts and it is vaping nicely. I have it in the Starre Pro and am vaping Dapper Eliquid Daddy O at 6mg. I have been running this coil for about a week now and it is still vaping like a champ. Very happy so far.

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
After running the fused for about a week and a half of moderate to heavy use I decided I wanted to try one of the other coils. When I pulled the coil out I looked inside to check the cotton and it was still white so still very clean and am assuming I could have gotten another week or two out of that coil head (I know kind of wasting them if I change them out before their dead). I was ready to try the next one up which is the hive coil. Which I will be starting out at around 40 watts and working my way up and we shall see how this head does :)

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my box of coils last night. Gotta apologize to Coil Art, because over the last month Ive basically accused them of being nothing more than an info phishing scam site. But coils came in and obviously not a scam. So my bad for that.

Havent tried em yet, but I gotta say, there is a very large selection of coil types. Maybe this will get me back on my Kanger set up. I got the Gclapton coils and hate them. For premium aftermarket coils they suck and do nothing but spit back massive amounts of liquid. Hopefully these are much better.

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I got my box of coils last night. Gotta apologize to Coil Art, because over the last month Ive basically accused them of being nothing more than an info phishing scam site. But coils came in and obviously not a scam. So my bad for that.

Havent tried em yet, but I gotta say, there is a very large selection of coil types. Maybe this will get me back on my Kanger set up. I got the Gclapton coils and hate them. For premium aftermarket coils they suck and do nothing but spit back massive amounts of liquid. Hopefully these are much better.
I have to say I am only on my second coil out of the batch and they seem to just as good if not better then the original coils I was using. I am fond of the triton coils in the starre pro and the triton tank but these are definitely working well for me so far :)

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I loaded up the hive coil and had originally said I was going to start out at 40 watts. Well that was until I seen it ohms at .6 so I actually started it out at 20 watts which provided nothing lol. It did not start to provide any reasonable vapor until I bumped it up to 30 watts at which point it gave some vapor but still wasnt happy. At 35 watts I had a reasonable amount of vapor but after 20 mins of vaping I was still not happy so we went on up to 40 watts and have been really enjoying the hive coil at 40 watts. Good vapor and flavor. We will leave it at 40 watts and see how well it does for the next week. Will report back then

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good to hear you like them! I also won a contest and they arrived at Los Angeles customs on the 11th so a few more weeks they should be at my house in West Los Angeles :cuss2: USPS lol

Sooner or later... :vapemail:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow! USPS just dropped them off.
Soooo many choices :confetti:

@CoilART vapor what are the wet napkins for? Just a nice thing to include for juice spillage?

Starting off with the 24g clapton, started at 35w and needed a lot more. 60w is producing nice flavor and great clouds. Coil is starting to break in, not 4 puffs like ine of those review videos but not as slow as a crown either.

Will post back as I go through more of them, looking forward to the ceramics. Bore seems a little bigger than the cCell which was too restrictive for me.

Juice holes seem to be close to double the surface area of triton coils, they are keeping up with 60w in my super tank mini no problem.

First impression :bingo:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So after vaping the 24g clapton (0.54ohm) for the evening... I have been running TC just about exclusively for a year now and am accustomed to a very quick ramp up time. Running this coil on my rx200 had a long lag time or I pushed the watts up to speed things up (65) and it got too hot at the end of the pull.

So when I got home last night I ran it on my M class with powerful+ setting and the ramp up time was drastically reduced and I pulled watts down to 57w and that was about perfect. Man I need to get a dual battery enclosure to put that J chip in!

Coil broke in and has very good flavor, better than a triton 0.3 that I thought was best in the super tank mini.

Next up... 316L clapton. That's the one I'm most interested in. Wish I had a whole box of those. I guess I might if the test run goes well :)

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, I went to the ceramic coil next. I do want to try the SS clapton but I guess saving the best for last...

The only other ceramic coil I've tried is the cCell so in comparison the coilart ceramic coil has little better air flow than the cCell but still more restrictive than I like.
Flavor surpasses what the cCell has to offer, flavor from this coil is very good. Very very good.

This is not for the fog machine crowd but should make the flavor chasers very happy.

This coil measures in at 0.49 ohm and suggests < 35w but it is working best ~50w for me. 35w produces vapor but takes forever to ramp up and the coil will take more. I took it up to 63w before it started to give a hot vape and lost flavor but still not a burnt or dry hit.

Edit: I threw it on the M class at 45w with powerful + setting and that's about right. You don't really get much more vapor pushing higher, you just get a faster ramp up on a mod that doesn't have powerful setting like the yihi chip.

Last edited:

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After running the fused for about a week and a half of moderate to heavy use I decided I wanted to try one of the other coils. When I pulled the coil out I looked inside to check the cotton and it was still white so still very clean and am assuming I could have gotten another week or two out of that coil head (I know kind of wasting them if I change them out before their dead). I was ready to try the next one up which is the hive coil. Which I will be starting out at around 40 watts and working my way up and we shall see how this head does :)
It's not wasting it if you save it in a little baggie with some juice to keep the cotton a little wet...just sayin ...

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Coils do last a good week or better

CoilART vapor

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
VU Challenge Sponsor
Wow! USPS just dropped them off.
Soooo many choices :confetti:

@CoilART vapor what are the wet napkins for? Just a nice thing to include for juice spillage?

Starting off with the 24g clapton, started at 35w and needed a lot more. 60w is producing nice flavor and great clouds. Coil is starting to break in, not 4 puffs like ine of those review videos but not as slow as a crown either.

Will post back as I go through more of them, looking forward to the ceramics. Bore seems a little bigger than the cCell which was too restrictive for me.

Juice holes seem to be close to double the surface area of triton coils, they are keeping up with 60w in my super tank mini no problem.

First impression :bingo:
:bliss::banana: About the napkins , it's good for you to clean the tanks .

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finished with the SS clapton coil. Still good to go but I want to move on to the fused.

After I finished that first tank with the SS coil I uncorked it and retightend the coil in the base.
Then it registered with the yihi chip, also vaped better on the RX. All good.

So far this coil is my favorite, very good flavor and clouds. Like the triton but with the volume turned up from 7 to 9 :)

VU Sponsors