Become a Patron!

Coil and magnets question

i currently running limitless mod with a tugboat v2. my limitless is a black rhodium with a silver plated spring and a silver plated button. What is better gold plated magnets or a silver plated spring? new to site btw. thanks

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Silver conducts better than gold. Spring vs magnets is your call. I prefer a spring.

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I too prefer a spring. Springs won't shatter if you happen to drop your mod.

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never had a magnet shatter on me. Also never had them collapse, buckle, snap, or short.

It's all your call though.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In my tube mech, the spring is in constant contact with both parts of the switch which causes it to provide an additional path for current and allows the switch to not rely completely on shaft/bore contact to close the circuit. Many people prefer and have success with magnets, I happen to prefer springs. Seems both work fine so I guess it's about what you want.

Boogie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Never had a magnet shatter on me. Also never had them collapse, buckle, snap, or short.

It's all your call though.

I prefer magnets too. I HAVE had them shatter (mod took a really really hard hit on concrete) and have seem them fail in other ways, but I just prefer the feel over all.

A lot of it is also dependent on the mod you are using. Ive had mods where I was perfectly happy with a good spring, and I have some where I wouldnt want anything but the magnet.

VU Sponsors