Become a Patron!

Clove Madness!

acidrain23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So, as I alluded to in the NET thread, I've been working on some spice extractions. I finally got around to decanting and filtering the clove and have been messing around with it. mmmm, clove!

First I tried added a 10%. Not too shabby! Mixed with my last batch of Exotic Apple It is amazing!

So, by itself, it is nice- complex with all of the woody and some floral notes of real clove, but it was lacking that clove bite. I did happen to have some FW Clove, which must be flavored with just euganol, because it is lacking those notes. So I combined them! The idea was to make a powerful clove liquid that I could add to other liquids as needed to make them more clovey. Success!

Super Clove
20% Homemade Clove Extract (50/50 PG/VG- heat cycled, and aged 2 months)
10% FW Clove

This stuff is STRONG. I added about 1/3 to my tank which had the apple in it and all you can taste is clove. But the FW clove added back in the numby goodness it was missing. If I did this again as a standalone, I would probably try 12% homemade extract with 5% FW Clove.

Next up, mixed some tobaccos up for the very first time! Got some stuff from ECX. First tried their Sampoerna. I’m going to let it mellow for a week before I sample it, but it smells good! Also got their RY4. Will post reviews of those when I get around to tasting them. I think based on the smell that the Sampoerna will need a little tweaking- probably some darker tobaccos, maybe I’ll even get some Dirty Neutral Base to funk it up a little. Then accented with vanilla and anise. Maybe...

Also mixed up “Russian Tea”. Kept it simple for now- just black tea, citrus and cinnamon. As soon as I get the base nailed, going to add back in clove and possibly some other additives, but excited to try this one out! Here is where I started:

Homemade Cinnamon Extract 8%
Capella Sweet Tangerine 4%
FA Black Tea 2%
FA Orange 1%

Anyway, having fun and just wanted to share! Will post updates in this thread as soon as things are good and steeped. Cheers!

VU Sponsors