Become a Patron!

CLOUDMAKER WHITEOUT - Future proof Mod!

RyGuyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I posted this in another thread and someone recommended it be put in its own thread. I thought it was a good idea also. So here it is...

CloudMaker Technologies - http://cloudmakertech.com/

CloudMaker Whiteout Box Mod
I wont go into to much detail but pretty much this is a future proof mod here. Everything can be customized/changed. Where talking from the panels that make the mod(every single part interchangeable w/different colors)to the guts inside being all true plug and play swap able (no soldering required).

There will be 3 different chips/boxes offered (right now only 2 models are up for pre-order):

CloudMaker Whiteout DNA: This one(i personally have ordered :-D) will have the DNA200 chip in it as well as a 1000mah 3s Lipo batter,which can be upgradeable to 1300mah at expense of a slightly larger backdoor panel if desired.

CloudMaker Whiteout SX: This one will have the sx350j chip found in the SX Mini M-Class and be powered by dual 18650s

CloudMaker Whiteout OS: To be released soon after the DNA/SX have been out.This will be the 3rd chip offered in the Whiteout series,this chip will be CloudMakers own in house "revolutionary Ares chip". I havent read much into this one. I do know since its there own chip it will be a little cheaper,supposedly around the $150+ mark.

Yes these mods are expensive. But for what these can do,its worth it. Soon(like they might even be up already on the site) there will be options to buy different "color panel kits" to change up the look of your mod. Also,each Whiteout is coming with a 'Clear' panel kit as shown in one of the pics(the back door is clear and you can see internals of box.

Hope this helps someone about to order a TC or ANY Box Mod for that matter and realizes these are well worth the extra cash. In my opinion.

To anyone who is interested in these. You can pre-order them now off of Smogs website here:http://www.smogdistribution.com/. Or the Cloudmaker site itself:http://cloudmakertech.com/. I prefer the smog store bc i always order from them plus i got in on there early pre-order deal. They had the dna or sx going for $189 shipped with each 3 flavors of there smog juice line in 30mg bottles(so 90mg),as well as the hastur rda.So around a $60value. No smog and cloudmaker are not the same. To quickly some it up smog orders from cloudmaker and then sells there product. For those unaware smog is a great place for 'pre-order' and Mostly known for its awesome Group Buys at low prices(got my Black IPV4 from them for $60shipped). Check'em out...

No i dont work for them,just a good run site/group of guys. Make sure to check'em out over on reddit:https://www.reddit.com/r/SmogGB. Might as well through in the CloudMaker reddit as well:https://www.reddit.com/r/cloudmaker/

Last edited:

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm interested in the specs on their in house Ares chipset. thanks for the info.

RyGuyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yea,were all waiting to see that. They said the other night on a live stream they put up to showcase the SX for first time that the OS (Ares chip) will be released within couple weeks. Which reminds me i wanted to post that link of the Live " SX Showcase" the other night:

The WHITEOUT OS(ares chip)is coming out in the following weeks for $150. Now,they will be shortly after selling "build kits" to swap out the boards(chip) as you please.Ranging in price from $40-$80,lower price being the Ares chip($40) and higher price for the SX/DNA chips.

What we do know about the WHITEOUT OS Ares Chip is its based on Arduino,whats an Arduino you ask?

"An Arduino is a tool for making computers that can sense and control more of the physical world than your desktop computer. It’s an open-source physical computing platform based on a simple microcontroller board, and a development environment for writing software for the board."

time for bed,

-Ry

Last edited:

RyGuyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh yea,and dont worry to those who really wanted to see the Whiteout DNA on the live stream showcase the other night. As stated in the stream they will be showcasing it sometime this coming week just as they did the SX this past week.:)

-Ry

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Moved to Regulated mod area
Are we sure that we want it here and not back in modding lol jk to be fair it was super early in morning.

Oh yea,and dont worry to those who really wanted to see the Whiteout DNA on the live stream showcase the other night. As stated in the stream they will be showcasing it sometime this coming week just as they did the SX this past week.:)

-Ry
I watched parts of that video I really wish they would have gotton a full screen of the prototype in use kind of a shame that it was stuck on one guy for most of the time. Do you know when they will be available for sale not into the whole pre-order thing.

RyGuyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Are we sure that we want it here and not back in modding lol jk to be fair it was super early in morning.

I watched parts of that video I really wish they would have gotton a full screen of the prototype in use kind of a shame that it was stuck on one guy for most of the time. Do you know when they will be available for sale not into the whole pre-order thing.

Hahah, i was like(isnt it a Reg mod though?? why'd they move it?? haha, im happy the thread went back home :-D

Yea dude i Totally agree, i was screaming pretty much at the computer the whole time "put the friggin mod on the big sceen,jeeez!" haha. Im hoping this week when they do the DNA version theyll fix that.

As far as being able to order them after pre-order is over. Im not quite sure,but i do know that the "pre-orders" are expected to ship in 6-8weeks. So i would expect them to be up on the site(which yes they should be available eventually) in Atleast 2months? Give or take. Im assuming after the pre-order phase is done they should be selling them on the site(in stock) eventually. I will ask him though when its to be expected that you can order these after "pre-order" and get back to you when i find out.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So with the sx 350j, dna200 and ares verisions will all these be interchangable with each other i.e. box parts, covers, switches, 510. Just curious as to how deep the customization goes down the rabbity hole. thanks again

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Based on what I read in the preorder details mainly it's customizable and tool less chip replacement/swap and customizable panels. Not sure about the rest. I preordered the DNA200 Whiteout from Smog last week and plan to order the SX & Ares board kits when available.

We shall see.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
future proof. What a great marketing gimmick.

1. the dna200 version uses a lipo battery while the sx350 version uses dual 18650s. so if you want to actually interchange the chip you have to also order the parts to interchange the battery.

2. theres no guarantee that the chips to come after these will fit in the mod

3. theres no guarantee you wont have to change out every part of the mod in the future to keep up with advancement in technology. basically making it a box that you can order new parts for and change it up.
which may cost more or the same as just ordering a whole new mod

I would love to see pricing on the extra parts to see how much it would really cost to make it so you can switch from dna200 to sx350

I love the idea but to me its more of the ULTIMATE CUSTOMIZABLE MOD.
I think they should go more in this direction and start offering even more variations, like having your name etched in it, more color options, other boards, different buttons, more power options for the dna200, be able to change the location of the screen etc. Make it as customizable as possible so people truly feel this is THEIR MOD, and when new stuff comes out they will want o line up to buy the new chip and whatever parts it takes to convert the mod to the new thing

Last edited:

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Little hard to judge it's customizability before it launches. But for me if I can get even three chips in it to try it's more than paid for itself in tinker factor in my mind. If it's truly tool less even better. My time is worth something lol.

I don't think anyone buying this will only use this mod. I think the gimmicky nature is almost a given these days to try to stand out in some way. Time will tell. I'm looking forward to getting it just to play with it.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Little hard to judge it's customizability before it launches. But for me if I can get even three chips in it to try it's more than paid for itself in tinker factor in my mind. If it's truly tool less even better. My time is worth something lol.

I agree with you, but my issue is with the term Future Proof

They must have hopped in the delorian and checked the future to make that claim

its like the UPGRADABLE FIRMWARE

lol

that requires the hardware to handle what you want the update to do, and the manufacturer to actually release the firmware ie IPV4

I really think they could come up with a better way to market the device then to say future proof

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I guess future is subjective lol. Nothing is future proof but if future means a 6 month cycle..... Then I guess they aren't totally lying. Hahahahaha.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
While the concept sounds great, for some reason I keep thinking of the VW Thing.

That was totally customizable as well.

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
For the record if it's a total piece of shit I have no problem with saying so. Hahaha.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
While the concept sounds great, for some reason I keep thinking of the VW Thing.

That was totally customizable as well.
Nothing like taking a WWII designed German general staff car and painting it with bright colors. A lot of folks put Porche engines in them, big sand tires and turned them into dune buggies.

RyGuyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I don't think anyone buying this will only use this mod. I think the gimmicky nature is almost a given these days to try to stand out in some way. Time will tell. I'm looking forward to getting it just to play with it.

Exactly how i feel. Though i do understand some frustration in the term "future-proof".

future proof. What a great marketing gimmick.

1. the dna200 version uses a lipo battery while the sx350 version uses dual 18650s. so if you want to actually interchange the chip you have to also order the parts to interchange the battery.

2. theres no guarantee that the chips to come after these will fit in the mod

3. theres no guarantee you wont have to change out every part of the mod in the future to keep up with advancement in technology. basically making it a box that you can order new parts for and change it up.
which may cost more or the same as just ordering a whole new mod

I would love to see pricing on the extra parts to see how much it would really cost to make it so you can switch from dna200 to sx350

All of this has been brought to the attention of CloudMaker Tech and has been answered already a week ago. Check the cloudmaker reddit for any questions.Ill answer yours quickly..

1) Yes you need different parts to switch from chips. a Full Kit with everything you will need to make the swap(very soon after release) will be available for ALL Whiteout units(dna,sx,ares).

2) No there isnt,but right now you have Atleast 3 they are guaranteeing to work that you can play around with- Dna200,Sx350,and there In-House "Ares".Im no major in electronics or anything,but as far as can see it,the box is fairly sized(think sig150) so there shouldnt be a problem with fitting future chips in this bad boy(and the wiring sure as hell should support it :-D)

3) Answered in 1 and 2... Build kits will be available with everything you need.

Prices have been mentioned already,ranging from $50-$80. Around $50 for the Ares kit(there in-house chip).$60 for a Sx350chip kit. And the Dna200 being the most at around $80 bc of the lipo battery. Also has been talk that shouldnt be a problem to offer other "build kits" as chips become available in the future. This company is just a group of guys/Vapors like us,who just want a great,correctly working product.

This was a global effort/design. CloudMaker Tech. have been designing and asking us 'the community'(mostly on reddit) questions about what kinda Box Mod 'WE" the community wanted to see in one. Then they took our answers and applied it,creating the "WHITEOUT" series.

Why am i telling you guys this? Bc,they never once asked for a cent and never took a dime until they knew what they had in there hands and made sure it was a correctly working mod. The pre-orders and wholesale/release wasnt until this mod fully came together from design to fully customizable modular box mod. Something refreshing to see in the vaping manufacturers community!

Last edited:

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I think the entire concept of this mod is great. Its about time someone did it.

My only issue is the marketing gimmick "Future proof"

I just don't think its needed, there are so many great things about this mod that theres no need for that phrase period.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think the entire concept of this mod is great. Its about time someone did it.

My only issue is the marketing gimmick "Future proof"

I just don't think its needed, there are so many great things about this mod that theres no need for that phrase period.
Totally agree I think it would better to describe it as a Modders Mod. So many choices

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think people are reading way to far into a simple marketing term. The specs and overall offering is more important to me than any marketing gimmick. If their point was to draw in customers by oversell it def wouldn't be the first time and this term alone is obviously drumming up conversation about their product. I can't say I wouldn't have marketed it the same way. I would rather have people talking about my product than not at all I suppose.

judgewiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe Future-proof is a wrong choice of words but I have also been following this project for a while. I like the idea of a chip failure the possibility of just sending the chip in. The change of trays to support the different functions down to the cosmetic capabilities of changing the colors and if the chip size stays similar, it should have a better chance of upgrading of anything on the market right now. I will continue to watch it due the practicality of the device.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is a shame I am reading this so soon after ppl's posts about the PVA-40. Looks good on paper and I will be looking for the early adopter reports.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
The only thing I can think to make this better is to be able to interchange the buttons, so you could have different feels and colors.

But I am concerned that with the DNA200's ability to customize things and the Ares Open source coding which will basically allow users to do just about anything to the chip, that some moron somewhere is going to blow their face off with one of these mods

MoFasterMo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ares Open source coding which will basically allow users to do just about anything to the chip, that some moron somewhere is going to blow their face off with one of these mods
It's called "culling the herd". The only way to save everyone is to have them all just sit in chairs 24/7, and
then some asshole would break his chair and get hurt. Just let them go, I think the saying is
"you can't fix stupid"

judgewiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It is a shame I am reading this so soon after ppl's posts about the PVA-40. Looks good on paper and I will be looking for the early adopter reports.
I thought the same thing. The PVA-40 I was following till it seemed to drop off the grid but the PVA-40 a lot of money was donated ahead of time while Whiteout spent their own money but remember all we have seen is a pre-production model which looks very nice, I too am hesitant to pre-order till I seen how it turns out.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Having seen the situations with Shan's mods, the PVA40, A Canadian mod maker who took the money and ran, I need to see someone (not popular youtube reviewers) with the mod in hand and their evaluation of it before I'm willing to pony up some money for it.

judgewiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have to agree, I am wondering also that we have only seen the 1 pre-production but yet to see any parts or anything else. The promise of 4-6 weeks delivery time from the beginning of July. I wonder if they are going to meet the deadline.

VU Sponsors