Cloud chasing liquid??

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hey everyone looking into making my own cloud liquid 100% VG and 6MG Nic does anybody have a good recipe? Also the cloud juice I buy has distilled water in do I put this in also? Many thanks :)

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Keep in mind unless you use unflavored 0mg VG theres no such thing as 100%Vg liquids. What theyre refering to is the base before flavorings and nic are added.
So at 6mg or .6% youre already down to 99.4% Vg. Then when you put flavors in,depending on the concentrate and flavor you use, you could see upward of 20-30% flavoring; cutting your overall Vg down to about 70-80%.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
There are some all VG flavorings. I wish I could remember the name of the companies. @RocketPuppy might be able to help you out with who sells them. Depending on the flavoring company, and whether or not they're super concentrated, you may not have to use very much flavoring at all.

FlavourArt is not VG based, but as an example, I can make many different recipes well under 10% that are full on flavor. So, even if you do have to go MAX VG, rather than ALL VG, you can get 90% VG or more, in many cases. Nic base can also be purchased in VG.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I know but 2 out of around 50 cloud chasers that use 6mg! At an average of .13ohms....6mg would rip most people's faces off with the kind of draw it takes to even begin to compete.
For the record...I'm one of the two.

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok thanks everyone what mixing equipment will I need just syringes and bottleS? :)

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
here is a link to NO PG flavors, But when you use Flavor Art, you are using so much less flavoring it might be a viable option as well.
http://wizardlabs.us/index.php?route=product/category&path=79_93
I vape 6mg as well, with VG and VG nic, now with using FA, my clouds are getting pretty dam monstrous....bwahahahahaha, looooving it.

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
haha awesome thanks guys how does the liquid taste compared to off the shelf stuff? Providing you do it right? :)

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I now vape DIY almost exclusively....LOVING IT. Keep it FOggy brother!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I can't attest to the ones that Celtic posted. I'm in full agreement with FlavourArt (FA). The majority of flavors I own are from FA. Very little is needed and the flavors are great! Fruits are dead on, creams are excellent. I'm not much into tobaccos, so someone will have to weigh in on those.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
There are several good flavor vendors out there. FA is my fave, so far. NOT VG based, but always an option for you.

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok I'm currently vaping a cloud blend which is apple toffee and sugar I can just mix the three flavours together before adding to mix? :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Many people like to mix single flavors until they have the right percentage for themselves, then decide the ratios of the flavorings. This way you can see which one you prefer up front, the strength of the flavors and so on. There is nothing wrong with trying a mix of the 3. Sometimes we get lucky and nail it on the first try, lol.

What worked best for me was to try out other people's recipes (posted in this forum). That taught me a lot about flavorings and how they work together, how they compliment each other, and whether or not I even liked them. Also, a ballpark of percentages of how to use a given flavor. Then I got comfortable at mixing something of my own.

It's a lot of fun. Can be addicting! Definitely read some of the tips in the DIY forum, ask lots of questions, follow safety guidelines... have fun with it. We all help each other here. It's an awesome forum.

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok then thankyou everyone im looking forward to trying it :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I still have trouble creating what I want sometimes. Trust me. But, everyone else's recipes are so good, I'm not suffering in the least.

When I first started out, I was super anxious to get to mixing! I failed MISERABLY. Then I started reading threads and learning about flavors. Patience paid off, at least in mixing other people's stuff, lol. I've made a few I like, but there's some real talent in the recipes forum.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yeman thankyou :) I'm having look for cheapest mixing stuff in the UK now :)

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
does anybody use the sweeteners or enhancers?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I bought sweetener. I haven't had any need for it. Most of the stuff I make is sweet enough without anything. I bought it because I thought I would HAVE to add it. Not at all, unless a recipe I'm following says to. Usually, those say something like 0.5%. I was very surprised I didn't need it, too.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not everyone is the same on this, though... Sometimes a sweetener, like EM (ethyl maltol) can cause the flavors to fade if used too heavily.

VU Sponsors