Become a Patron!

cloud chasing coil help!

quaid_station

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know quite a bit about vaping but what im slowly understanding is coil buildings.
I have a:
Manhattan (mod)
mutation x (rda)
Purple Efest (about to get a VTC4)
A regular drip tip (soon to get a chuff Enuff)
I need coil suggestions for clouds. Preferably something that wont get hot after two hits nor have to re-drip every 2 hits either.. just trying to beat my friends.. thanks!

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know quite a bit about vaping but what im slowly understanding is coil buildings.
I have a:
Manhattan (mod)
mutation x (rda)
Purple Efest (about to get a VTC4)
A regular drip tip (soon to get a chuff Enuff)
I need coil suggestions for clouds. Preferably something that wont get hot after two hits nor have to re-drip every 2 hits either.. just trying to beat my friends.. thanks!
>24. Ga. Kanthal wrapped how ever big you want it. I like Celu Cotton. I can blow some serious (to Me) clouds with it. 100 VG. And or what ever you want to vape.

quaid_station

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
>24. Ga. Kanthal wrapped how ever big you want it. I like Celu Cotton. I can blow some serious (to Me) clouds with it. 100 VG. And or what ever you want to vape.
I understand what to use just dont know what to build as far as cloud chasing goes.. nano macro micro idk

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
20ga, 5/4 wraps around 3mm screwdriver. Wick loosely so juice runs fast to your coils.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What works good for me is 4 wraps of parallel 24g micro coils on a 3mm bit..its not too hot in my V2 Zenith and blows impressive clouds, least according to my friends..hope this helps

from Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Something to consider is the lower gauge coil, the hotter it will get. Personally, I love 22 and 24 but I like RDAs with heat sinks. I would start with 24 and if it gets to hot work your way up.

As for coils, I have the best results with macros. You will get more vapor with shorter hits. It also lets you use a thicker wick so you don't have to drip as often. With that said, when I try macros with higher gauge wire the results are not nearly as good. I recommend that when your wire gets thicker, the diameter of your coil gets larger.

I have 26g Kanthal, a Manhattan clone and Dark Horse RDA. Any suggestions to blow some huge flavorful clouds? Thanks.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When cloud chasing with a lot of airflow and huuuuuge chuff caps etc flavor is going to suffer. A lot, in my case. I make my own liquids and add a bit more flavorings to my cloud juices to keep the taste even somehow present.

vaping_bitch6969

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Try a quad sleeper twisted 24g. I did it in mine and the cloud was freaking phenomenal! I used hemp wick to and it does serious rips of cloud!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also I would try dual parallel 26g..5 wraps on a 3mm bit ...about .14 ohms (not too hot either) ..I get awesome clouds with it in my 28.5 mm Stillare
4b7d2675a92976fc860189d7bce3306f.jpg

from Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ill vote with smacksy. Dual parallel 26ga @ 5wraps, but I use a 7/64 drill bit (2.7ish mm)
I use a 22mm plume veil and it chucks

Lil T Flex

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use twisted 22 guage wrapped twice. I twist the wire myself. Just use two pairs of pliers and twist em up. This build ran me .1 ohms so make sure you check the ohms before you hit it just to make sure you didn't drop too low. Leave space between the two wraps and don't wrap it too tight because twisted coils will snap if you force them too much. Wick loose with just your regular sterile cotton. I've done many different kinds of builds and this is by far my best cloud machine

Lil T Flex

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use twisted 22 guage wrapped twice. I twist the wire myself. Just use two pairs of pliers and twist em up. This build ran me .1 ohms so make sure you check the ohms before you hit it just to make sure you didn't drop too low. Leave space between the two wraps and don't wrap it too tight because twisted coils will snap if you force them too much. Wick loose with just your regular sterile cotton. I've done many different kinds of builds and this is by far my best cloud machine

This build gets surprisingly good flavor as long as you wick it right

VU Sponsors