Become a Patron!

Closing off air hole for single coil

Margie

Member For 4 Years
Not sure if this is right place to post but wanted to know how others deal with using single coils on drippers that are usually meant for multiple coils. I use my RSST's & R91's for out & about but prefer my drippers for home and for testing my DIY recipes. I have an assortment of drippers and build higher ohm single coils. My Igo- W's have been getting the most use and my husband has drilled out the toppers to my favorite draw. However I now find that I like the IGO PMMA top covers better, but they have two large air holes which I have fixed by covering one with Scotch tape (works great for now).
I have a piece of pipe cleaner crammed in on one side of the air hole on my IGO- W7 and super glue covering one air hole of my Helios. I'm sure other people have the same problem and was hoping that someone has come up with a better solution for covering holes that have no air flow control. Have even tried using the plug from my RSST fill hole and using tiny screws. Not looking for a permanent fix because I sometimes do dual coils. Any suggestions?

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
+2 on this one.
us single coils peeps want to know...

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Not sure if this is right place to post but wanted to know how others deal with using single coils on drippers that are usually meant for multiple coils. I use my RSST's & R91's for out & about but prefer my drippers for home and for testing my DIY recipes. I have an assortment of drippers and build higher ohm single coils. My Igo- W's have been getting the most use and my husband has drilled out the toppers to my favorite draw. However I now find that I like the IGO PMMA top covers better, but they have two large air holes which I have fixed by covering one with Scotch tape (works great for now).
I have a piece of pipe cleaner crammed in on one side of the air hole on my IGO- W7 and super glue covering one air hole of my Helios. I'm sure other people have the same problem and was hoping that someone has come up with a better solution for covering holes that have no air flow control. Have even tried using the plug from my RSST fill hole and using tiny screws. Not looking for a permanent fix because I sometimes do dual coils. Any suggestions?
using dual coil tanks with single coils all the time .
like the aromamizer rdta . has 4 airholes I cover 3 with some metal tape cut to size , peel of backing and put it on to cover the un wanted holes . or even cover all air holes and punch a new hole where your single coil is .
got it at lowes . clean with alcohol and it sticks like shmit to a blanket lol.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
drill a hole in a vape band is the first idea that comes to mind

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
^^^^^^^^^^^
Vape band probably be best. No adhesive or nasties inside your device that way.

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I gave up on modifying double coil RDAs(use to drill the hole in air control ring). It was more convenient to buy $10 RDA that has single or dual coil option so I went with Derringer clone that worked out so well for me that I had to purchase an authentic as well. Authentic is better, but I still use clone every day.

vap3r

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why not obstruct the airflow holes with rayon, or cotton? Offhand, I dislike vaping singles on a deck exclusively tailored towards duals. One half of the drip tip starts warming while the other stays cool and I am just not able to adjust to that odd sensation. But that is me and your YMMV...

xpen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Adesive aluminum tape works fine for me
For sealing or reducing big airholes I usually put the tape on the internal side of the atomizer cap/AFC ring, so that the sticky side of the tape points outward and does not get in contact with juice.

VU Sponsors