(Close)WTB coil jig

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
well, I just bought "coil rods" from FT in 4mm & 4.5mm - they work ok.. No longer sure wtf folks think a "coil jig" means.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
well, that's the 'coil master' style of gizmo - there is also some block/brick thingie folks swear by; and that fraking daedalus-pro; amd even a powered whizzer that does the coil-master gig and..

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, that's the 'coil master' style of gizmo - there is also some block/brick thingie folks swear by; and that fraking daedalus-pro; amd even a powered whizzer that does the coil-master gig and..

I have a Daedalus, I use it to make wire, can't imagine making coils on it.

I still use my DIY jobby, for other sizes I'd recommend this to the OP.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/2412904

2412904-7.jpg

Shaulisbvape

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Actually, I have 2 different types of coil jigs, as well as rods. But sorry, @Shaulisbvape - I'm still using them. Just wanted to comment to clarify that what you're looking for exists.
:cheers: Just want something I can put a little more pressure on drill bit or rod works but I'm work smarter not harder type of person.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
I use these both quite a lot. The Coil Master V4 is great for making single wire coils very quickly, and also I use it to wrap ribbon based coils. For the Ribbon coils, I don't use the winders. The UD I use for all my aliens, fused Claptons, etc. Both sets come with 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, and 4.0mm posts.

IvW0h5x.jpg

mZUerHe.jpg

cJbF6CS.jpg

V9vC3dp.jpg

iIzwsrP.jpg

Vo6GBiT.jpg

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
Coil Master also makes a ceramic jig set. They're good for firing coils with the rod still inserted in the coil without affecting the resistance.

YsvSw20.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors