Become a Patron!

Cloning Juices

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have a few favorite juices out there. Specifically I like the Royalty II juice from Vapetasia. Yet I cannot find a good clone of this. Found something close, but it's not quite there.

What are the keys to cloning juices? What are you looking for? I can taste custard, a bit of tobacco, and either almond or hazelnut in it.

How do you folks go about making clones?

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Trial and error mostly. While I haven't ever successfully cloned anything except a sheep, a piglet and myself, there are threads in the DIY section where you can watch people work this magic out.

To me the process is as such: Find the flavor profile, identify the individual flavors, strike the balance of the flavors vs. the original and then enjoy.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The key to cloning anything is having experience with many, many, MANY, different flavors.

How do you know what flavor they're using if you've never had it yourself? You don't. You can only guess.

For instance, I can go into any B&M shop, smell their strawberry eliquid and 95% of the time, I can tell you what flavor manufacturer they're using. This is because I have probably 30 different strawberry flavors and have tried them all multiple times.

With experience, you'll also be able to pick on smaller background notes. Stuff like, "oh, this vanilla has a little almond taste to it." I bet they used that one in their recipe.

If you can't do any of that, then like Jwill said, It's all trial and error.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Of course that's for complex juices. It's easier for one or two flavor recipes.

I wanted to clone vape wilds green apple envy but didn't have many green apple flavors. So you just buy a bunch of different brands until you get the right one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
All of what @Mykreign said. Participating in the clone threads has definitely fine tuned my tastes a little. But I’m still not a master at it by any means. For me, commercial juice is a profile I wanna hit. A lot of the time, I end up making it better for my taste.

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have a couple of recipes that I like better than some commercial ones. There's a bourbon-custard flavor I make that I would put up against most anything. Fine-tuning it a bit as there's just something missing, but will post the recipe when I get it right.

VU Sponsors