Become a Patron!

Clone Replacement Coils?

So I know that in the past companies have made knock off duplicate and clone mechanical mods and smoke shops or vaper shops would selll them in stores but I am wondering if companies make and sell clome replacement coils for SMOK, Aspire, Uwell and other name brand vape brands?

Also, do companies make clone SMOK (or any other name brand) mods?

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There are pretty.much clone coils for every tank. However they are hit and miss on the quality. You take your chances on clone coils. I actually just got some clone coils for my baby beast from fasttech and they are actually as good as the authentics but only 4.50 for a 5 pack

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
So I know that in the past companies have made knock off duplicate and clone mechanical mods and smoke shops or vaper shops would selll them in stores but I am wondering if companies make and sell clome replacement coils for SMOK, Aspire, Uwell and other name brand vape brands?

Also, do companies make clone SMOK (or any other name brand) mods?
Yes and Yes.

There are pretty.much clone coils for every tank. However they are hit and miss on the quality. You take your chances on clone coils. I actually just got some clone coils for my baby beast from fasttech and they are actually as good as the authentics but only 4.50 for a 5 pack
OK. So I worded that wrong with the coils. I know that other companies Mame coils that are compatible with the SMOK tanks and others etc etc. But have you ever seen a SMOK brand package coil that is an actual clone? Like the packaging says SMOK brand but they are made by a different company? My friend is saying that there is... I don't believe that because that makes no sense

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
OK. So I worded that wrong with the coils. I know that other companies Mame coils that are compatible with the SMOK tanks and others etc etc. But have you ever seen a SMOK brand package coil that is an actual clone? Like the packaging says SMOK brand but they are made by a different company? My friend is saying that there is... I don't believe that because that makes no sense
Yes... for several brands.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The grocery store you buy a can of green beans from might sell Dole green beans. These green beans might even come from the same bean farm that supplies your grocery store with Save-A-Lot canned green beans. .Would you still buy a can of Dole green beans that are say thirty cents more than the can of your grocery store's 'house' brand at thirty cents a can? The Dole beans will cost you sixty cents a can, house brand thirty cents.

Don't misunderstand what I'm saying. There are cases for myself and others where yes, the brand name is exactly what is needed over the less costly lower grade. I don't though always think it sensical to buy brand name. Why should I if the generic version is the same thing as the brand name? Do you expect hearing me say, "Yes, I want to give a company more money to give me back generic beans. Here take four times the cost, I'll gladly pay it."

I buy clone RDA. As long as they seem functional and do well enough for me then clones suit. Why should I pay say $60 for an authentic Goon RDA when I can buy two clone Goon style RDA for one thirdthat or less? I'm often without lots of funds, I stretch them.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
The grocery store you buy a can of green beans from might sell Dole green beans. These green beans might even come from the same bean farm that supplies your grocery store with Save-A-Lot canned green beans. .Would you still buy a can of Dole green beans that are say thirty cents more than the can of your grocery store's 'house' brand at thirty cents a can? The Dole beans will cost you sixty cents a can, house brand thirty cents.

Don't misunderstand what I'm saying. There are cases for myself and others where yes, the brand name is exactly what is needed over the less costly lower grade. I don't though always think it sensical to buy brand name. Why should I if the generic version is the same thing as the brand name? Do you expect hearing me say, "Yes, I want to give a company more money to give me back generic beans. Here take four times the cost, I'll gladly pay it."

I buy clone RDA. As long as they seem functional and do well enough for me then clones suit. Why should I pay say $60 for an authentic Goon RDA when I can buy two clone Goon style RDA for one thirdthat or less? I'm often without lots of funds, I stretch them.
I agree with you on most of that statement. But you have to be careful with clone coils. A lot of these clones do not have the same quality cotton or metals in their coils. I see it as I'd rather pay the extra buck and know I'm getting the safer quality.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A lot of these clones do not have the same quality cotton or metals in their coils. I see it as I'd rather pay the extra buck and know I'm getting the safer quality.

Yeah. I understand that point. It's partly why I will buy wire from only a few select vendors. I then build my own coils. I'm not a wizard at it ... yet. ;) But I can at least ensure good quality wire, good cotton, maybe Ready-X wick. This is also yet another reason I got away from tanks and 'factory/stock' coils.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you think about the DOA or failure rate of fake or clone coils it is no bargain. I pay an average of $2 to $3 for authentic and can't remember ever having a DOA. A friend bought some Aspire BVC coils and did not realize they were fakes or clones. I think he got one good one out of each box. Doing the math those were some expensive coils.

VU Sponsors