Become a Patron!

CLONE OF HALO'S TRIBECA

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
There are many Tribeca clone recipes out there. This is NOT my recipe, but it's one that many vapers use to DIY a Tribeca flavor. Hopefully posting this will encourage others to post the recipes they use, too. Most Tribeca clone recipes start with this, and it comes quite close to Tribeca flavor without adding anything else:

Basic Tribeca Clone
8-10% The Flavor Apprentice RY4 Double
1 drop of Acetyl Pyrazine per 5 ml of finished juice ( https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-6826-acetyl-pyrazine-5-pg.aspx )

littlebluepig

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks HIC, I love this flavor from Halo. I've been using 12% TFA RY4 Double, 2% AP, 1% Hangsen, and .5% Tobacco Absolute from TFA.
I usually mix up about 60 ml at a time and it doesn't last long. I do feel how ever it is missing something from the original. It is not so much a flavor as a feel, if that makes any sense.

This is a spot-on recipe. I saw it on ECF a year or so ago and have had a bottle of it on hand ever since.

I'm amazed that anybody still pays almost $1/mL for Tribeca when this recipe is so accurate.

MzBadger

Member For 4 Years
This is one of my favorites as well. I haven't done a speed steep on it yet but I tend to mix up a 100ml batch at a time which keeps me going for a month or so. Fresh it's almost a little flowery to me but not bad. Definitely gets better with time.

littlebluepig

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If I could just get half as close to Prime 15, i would be set for life.

littlebluepig

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the TFA AP and have found the Peanut from Flavors Express at ecigexpress. I'm having a little problem finding the American Tobacco from either manufacturer. I figure the Vanillin will work from just about anywhere.

L

LadyRed69

American tobacco is "brown"
so any 555, or other brown tobby is fine..
I stick with alcohol flavorings.. but brown is brown.. haha.. try and see.
nothing should be exact, you should and will want to "make it your own"
all I ask is that you tell what you did, and how you like it. :cool:

I could list more flavors, but that would only get confusing to the beginner diy'er..
I only hope you understand.

there is Nothing! that can reproduce a real cig, due to all the 6k chemicals now days they add.
the closest thing one can hope for is something that will smooth and ease the "itch" of non smoking.

littlebluepig

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Brown I have. May try some Hangsen Flue Cured. The problem I have with DIY is things taste way different to me than they do to most. I guess one of the problems I have with most juice. I would have never guessed peanuts for Prime. I get a slight chocolate taste.

bkkdaytrader

Member For 4 Years
my tribeca that has been sitting around for at least 3 months is nowhere near as strong as an 8% TFA RY4D mixture

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Tribeca used to be my ADV. It was the very first juice I ever tried. Vaped so much I got sick of it. But I still revisit from time to time. Good to have an option over Halo's prices.

Now let's work on cloning Voodoo!!!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Now let's work on cloning Voodoo!!!

I have a virtually untouched bottle of Voodoo. I tried it and hated it. On a rainy day I'll break it out again and see if my preferences have changed. That one and Southern-somethingorother were the only two Halo flavors I actively disliked.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I loathed Southern Classic....Voodoo is something I never could decide on, but as I was running out I thought maybe I liked it! I have some points at Halo so I guess I could order a bottle to see if I really did like it (so we could try to clone it), but I'm not sure I want to use my points on it. On the other hand, not sure what else I'd use them on, since I like our Tribecca clone better than the original!

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I loathed Southern Classic....Voodoo is something I never could decide on, but as I was running out I thought maybe I liked it! I have some points at Halo so I guess I could order a bottle to see if I really did like it (so we could try to clone it), but I'm not sure I want to use my points on it. On the other hand, not sure what else I'd use them on, since I like our Tribecca clone better than the original!

Southern Classic to me tasted just like Yukon Jack. I vaped it over and over trying to figure out what the hell the taste reminded me of. It isn't that I really liked it. It is just I was on a mission to figure it out. Once I did I put it down.

disco180

Member For 4 Years
This Tribeca Clone was also on the ECF Forum, and this is the one I use as an all day vape...Too bad I can't remember what the real Tribeca taste like anymore but this is spot on to me, because the basic was just missing something

Posted by Bryong70 on ECF:

5% RY4 Double (TFA)
1% Acetyl Pyrazine
.5% Jamaican Rum (FA)
.25% Toasted Almond (TFA)

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ECigExpress only has RY4 Double by Signature or RY4 by FA. Will either of these work as a good substitute??

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Signature is made by TFA, so it's the right one we used forthis clone! The FA RY4 is a little different.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is a spot-on recipe. I saw it on ECF a year or so ago and have had a bottle of it on hand ever since.

I'm amazed that anybody still pays almost $1/mL for Tribeca when this recipe is so accurate.

Which of the above is spot on .

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for clarifying.

Exchaner

Member For 5 Years
Hi everyone, a new member here. Does anyone taste a chemical flavor from RY4D, or am I the only one? I am mixing at 6% and letting it steep.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi everyone, a new member here. Does anyone taste a chemical flavor from RY4D, or am I the only one? I am mixing at 6% and letting it steep.
Never really got a chemical flavor from it, how long are you letting it steep though? Ideal steep for most tobaccos and RY4D included IME is 4-6 weeks.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yes, I get what your saying, I never have liked it at any percent. Back when I first started vaping I got a several of juices from a local shop and they all had that flavor to them :p not sure if they used it as part of their base or what but a lot of people seemed loved them.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I make mine at 10% plus 1% ap, and it tastes fine in a clearo (which I rarely use anymore). To me it tastes awful in an RDA though! But I make it for a bunch of friends who love it!

I crockpot mine for at least 4 hours before letting it go anywhere.

Exchaner

Member For 5 Years
Thanks all three of you guys for your insights. It is now clear that the chemical taste I was referring to is noticeable by some people but not to all. I have steeped mine for nearly 6 weeks and the taste is still there using an RDA. I will take Amanda's suggestion and try it in a clearo. Thanks again.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's the flavor I get from Tribeca that's missing in this clone

Dampgebied

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
10% RY4 Double
1 drops AP per 5 millilitre
but then guys... the secret ingredient everyone seems to be missing:
1 drop of ready made menthol e-juice per 10 millilitres (I simply bought a 10ml bottle of Koko menthol but any menthol e-juice will do)
There's your Tribeca, or tRYbec4 as I label my bottles

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
TO WAKE UP THIS MORNING AND THIS IS THE FIRST THING I SEE ON VU JUST MADE MY WEEK!!1 IM STARTING DYI THIS WEEK AND RY4 IS MY ADV. IM STOKED FOR MY ORDER TO GET HERE SO I CAN PLAY!!!!

Thank you HIC for this recipe. It may be very simple, but I've been getting into DIY a bit more recently and this was exactly what I needed to help make use of my RY4. I'll be looking around more for some other good RY4 recipes.

Rayboy55

Member For 4 Years
I have been vaping this recipe for a year now making my own juice for the last 4 years and this is my adv for me , my wife, and 6 famlily member and i use RY4 double with pyrasine with 5 drops of cotton candy per 30 ml and man this is awesome juice at high vg ratio !!!

Ozzy Lozada

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have made two batches since last week the first of 20 mL and another of 30 mL, and learned another lesson. I usually use a calibrated dropper (20 drops/mL) but for the first batch I used one a 1 mL perfumers pipettes. The perfumers pipette dispenses 33 drops to make an mL. So when you get new equipment, give it a test before you start mixing. I also added 1.5% TPA Graham Cracker and 1% TPA ethyl maltol for the second batch. Other than that it is delicious.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have made two batches since last week the first of 20 mL and another of 30 mL, and learned another lesson. I usually use a calibrated dropper (20 drops/mL) but for the first batch I used one a 1 mL perfumers pipettes. The perfumers pipette dispenses 33 drops to make an mL. So when you get new equipment, give it a test before you start mixing. I also added 1.5% TPA Graham Cracker and 1% TPA ethyl maltol for the second batch. Other than that it is delicious.

If you don't mind me asking what is the above ingredient for, but if you do mind me asking just tell me to piss off and i'll ask at another more appropriate time.

Thank you

Ozzy Lozada

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi VH fan,

Ethyl Maltol is a flavor, it comes in crystalline form (like sugar) and it gives the flavor of cotton candy. Some people dissolve it in warm propylene glycol, I just let it steep and shake once in a while until it dissolves. At low percentages as these, it gives the liquid a little caramel character but not overpowering.

Ozzy Lozada

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you don't mind me asking what is the above ingredient for, but if you do mind me asking just tell me to piss off and i'll ask at another more appropriate time.

Thank you
I still don't know how to make quote in this thing. But the answer is in the next message.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the info Ozzy.

omghax

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just wanted to thank everyone for their post, if it weren't for you I would of never tried to make my own e-juice :) this is my number 1 ADV and I'm glad I can make gallons of it! xD

Side note, I wanted a Menthol-X replica and Tribeca is basically the non-menthol version. I added Eucalyptus, Peppermint and Menthol to achieve a "Menthol-X" like clone.

Best, flavor, EVER!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Just wanted to thank everyone for their post, if it weren't for you I would of never tried to make my own e-juice :) this is my number 1 ADV and I'm glad I can make gallons of it! xD

Side note, I wanted a Menthol-X replica and Tribeca is basically the non-menthol version. I added Eucalyptus, Peppermint and Menthol to achieve a "Menthol-X" like clone.

Best, flavor, EVER!

I'm not generally a menthol fan, but I do love a menthol-eucalyptus combo. For me, that changes it from sucking on the filter of a menthol cig (eww) to sucking on cough drops (yum!) Thanks for your tips on Menthol-X , one Halo flavor I've never tried. With your notes here, now I don't have to send Halo money to try it. :)

omghax

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'll be sure and make a post somewhere when I get really close, I have a half a bottle left I'm using sparingly to compare with. When I quickly threw the ingredients together it was close enough for me to stop using the original and each batch gets closer :) so tasty.

Thanks

VU Sponsors