☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was helping a friend get started with vaping and when I got to the part about cleaning the tank, they said they use OxiClean to clean there d*** smoking pipe. They said they just soak and rinse. I know how icky those things get and if it can clean them, vape tanks would be easy.

Oxiclean is odorless, contains no toxic chemicals, cleaning solvents, or harmful abrasives. It will not harm our lakes, streams, plants or trees. After use, it breaks down into water, oxygen, and soda ash. There are no toxic fumes and it is much safer than other household cleaning products.

Any advice, experience, warning?

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why? I just rinse with warm water three times...

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use hot distilled water.
Sometimes PGA on a Q-tip.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I just do a good hot water soak... have a little bottle I shake it around in a little bit. I never would have thought of using OxiClean, and personally do not think it's a good idea.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Assuming you don't mean a dick-smoking pipe (all sorts of problems responding to that sort of question here), I used all sorts of citrus based cleaning agents in my teens and twenties (google Agent Orange, Formula 420)...I can't imagine Oxi would be worse than those other things, and I put plenty of those in my lungs back in the day...

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was helping a friend get started with vaping and when I got to the part about cleaning the tank, they said they use OxiClean to clean there d*** smoking pipe. They said they just soak and rinse. I know how icky those things get and if it can clean them, vape tanks would be easy.

Oxiclean is odorless, contains no toxic chemicals, cleaning solvents, or harmful abrasives. It will not harm our lakes, streams, plants or trees. After use, it breaks down into water, oxygen, and soda ash. There are no toxic fumes and it is much safer than other household cleaning products.

Any advice, experience, warning?
yeah Oxiclean was and still is I guess used by people who used Hemp wicks...Hemp has a resin or something in it that needs to be cleaned off in order to use it for wicks...people used Oxiclean to do it with because it was effective and safe for vaping ....of course they rinsed the oxiclean out thouroughly.

NtL

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
White vinegar and hot water that always does the trick. If there is a resin on the hemp being used than it is most likely twine, which needs to be treated before vaping.If you want a good hemp wick, vapenotik.co the hemp is degummed and debris free.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
White vinegar and hot water that always does the trick. If there is a resin on the hemp being used than it is most likely twine, which needs to be treated before vaping.If you want a good hemp wick, vapenotik.co the hemp is degummed and debris free.
I also found elfwick which looks interesting..I try not to support SJW on a mission to save the planet, which vapenotik seems to be.....they're not much fun,and wear sensible shoes.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just use water, and a paper towel. No point in over complicating something so simple.

thedogofdoom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I clean my tank with hot water, and a little bit of dish soap. I never ever get water on the coils because they'll dry out and taste terrible, but that's common knowledge. I don't see any reason to use anything other than water and standard soap.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hot water lol seriously that's all I've ever used and I've tried vodka too than hot water but stopped lol but it's great for drip tips!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors