Become a Patron!

Cleaning premades

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On a whim, I threw a couple of my dirty Baby Beast coils in my ultrasonic cleaner to see how they'd do. Dunno why I didn't do it before, but after two 5 minute cycles, they're almost brand new and can continue to be used. It did a bang-up job. Yay, saving even more money. :)
Gonna have to try that:bliss:

Timmerz

Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
What i do, is toss mine in the ultrasonic after a few days of use (before they go bad) with very hot water. Run them a cycle or three. Then I put them on top of a vent, opening side down, and dry them off. Ive had some premades last way longer that way. Sometimes the cotton kind of falls apart and gets manky after a couple washes, sometimes they hold up a long time that way.

Same here, I've started to recycle my coils. After seeing a few youtube videos, I invested in an ultrasonic cleaner, a Votion Rayne ultrasonic cleaner specifically. I soak my coils overnight in Everclear wood grain alcohol, and then an hour in the ultrasonic cleaner.

pjetroo

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I used to soak them in vodka overnight and rince with hot water the day after. Sometimes they lasted another few days and sometimes only a few hours before finally dying. I gave up.

VU Sponsors