Become a Patron!

Clean and Safe VG ?

olderthandirt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Seems I've read where there are a few different sources of VG.
From petroleum for one which just strikes me as blech, and I also recall that some vegetable matter used as the source is better than others.

Hows that for a vague opening statement!

What types or brands of VG should be avoided due to possible health concerns and, if your conversant in this, just what are the possible health concerns associated with VG as a factor of what it's been derived from?

Oh yeah, preferred vendors of "Safe and Clean"?

olderthandirt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah, more googling and It seems what I had in mind was VG that had been derived from Jatropha was to be avoided.

olderthandirt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've seen reference to Essential Depot several times, I'll take a look.

buffaloguy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ill second essential depot. You can get it on amazon. The quality is great as well as the prices.

In a pinch you can find glycerin at CVS. Ive used it and its fine.

olderthandirt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Any of you queried ED regarding the source of the VG they carry?

As I mentioned above I was wondering about VG that is extracted from Jatropha.
Apparently the Jatropha plant can have pretty serious toxic effects when ingested, so inhalation of jatropha sourced VG is suspect.
I have as yet to find anything other then conjecture as to whether or not jatropha based VG is a concern for vaping.

Wizard Labs is the only vendor I've come across that specifically states that the VG they sell is sourced from palm, not from jatropha.

luciddreamer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Any of you queried ED regarding the source of the VG they carry?

As I mentioned above I was wondering about VG that is extracted from Jatropha.
Apparently the Jatropha plant can have pretty serious toxic effects when ingested, so inhalation of jatropha sourced VG is suspect.
I have as yet to find anything other then conjecture as to whether or not jatropha based VG is a concern for vaping.

Wizard Labs is the only vendor I've come across that specifically states that the VG they sell is sourced from palm, not from jatropha.
If that is the case, I have seen somewhere that wizard labs gets their pg/vg from essential depot. Don't quote me on that but whoever posted that, got their info straight from wizardlabs.

VU Sponsors