Clash of Clans

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Is it really that good? I used to see commercials for it all of the time, but I don't know anyone that plays it in real life.

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Is it one of those freemium games where it's free, but you have to pay real money to really win?

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The whole office plays it all day long I work, nobody works anymore. It's fucking weird and I don't get it.

One of my friends plays a game called war tune, it's another mobile game, people have spent 20k on building characters........yes 20k. His mom plays the game too and some guy they play with paid 300 bucks to marry his moms character to make the guild stronger.....

All I can say is I wish I would have developed such games.

Hell in a hand basket I tell ya....

five.five-six

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
no, you dont have to pay to "win" and you can't really win.. I have 2 accts, on of which is quite developed and I have never spent a penny on it

KY_Rob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh dear GAWD I love my coc...Clash Of Clans that is :D

Damned game is truly addictive. Especially if you're in a clan with your buddies. You don't "have" to spend money to win, but it greatly speeds up the process!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I thought I was an addict when I played Warcraft for 28 hour straight.

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
The whole office plays it all day long I work, nobody works anymore. It's fucking weird and I don't get it.

One of my friends plays a game called war tune, it's another mobile game, people have spent 20k on building characters........yes 20k. His mom plays the game too and some guy they play with paid 300 bucks to marry his moms character to make the guild stronger.....

All I can say is I wish I would have developed such games.

Hell in a hand basket I tell ya....

That's crazy. Good for the developers for creating a phenomenon. The lengths that some people will go to just to win in a game that's not paying them is astounding.

five.five-six

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh dear GAWD I love my coc...Clash Of Clans that is :D

Damned game is truly addictive. Especially if you're in a clan with your buddies. You don't "have" to spend money to win, but it greatly speeds up the process!
In my clan, the term "gemmer" is a pejorative.

KY_Rob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In my clan, the term "gemmer" is a pejorative.

In the clan I belong to, being a "gemmer" is generally grounds for a bunch of trash talk and ball bustin. I'm not sure I know of anyone (myself included) who hasn't dropped a 5-er here and there (especially when enjoying an adult beverage or 4) to speed up the juice/gold collectors or build troops faster.

I've been playing going on 2 years, and I'm only a level 83 @ Crystal I. I see some of those villages where it's obvious the village owner has spent hundreds if not thousands. To each their own, but DAMN! Lol!

five.five-six

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I spend about $10 every other month. Mostly to keep up war donations. I have 45 people in my clan, going on 3 years. I have about 100 L10 walls left before I go TH10.

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I never knew that Clash of Clans came out three years ago. I always thought that the game came out last year or so.

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
What is the game like anyway? Is it like an RTS game?

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
kinda like an online strategy game for android devices. Build your village, train an army, go kick some ass, repeat. You can join clans and have wars and whatnot. It's addictive as hell.

-Kingboomer

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
kinda like an online strategy game for android devices. Build your village, train an army, go kick some ass, repeat. You can join clans and have wars and whatnot. It's addictive as hell.

-Kingboomer

Sounds cool. I just don't have the time for it lol.

CloudEater

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Never got the hype around CoC, but there's this game Summoners War...... I've probably dropped over 200$ this week, I don't even want to know how much over the past year. Super, super addicting game.

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
My friend was playing Clash of Clans at the gym. it must be super addictive because he's usually focused on his workout, but stopped in the middle of a set for a battle.

VU Sponsors