Member For 2 Years
I have been practicing, almost everyday,
I GIVE UP!!
Plus this coils are battery DRAINER,
I'm sticking with my 22 g 5/6 wraps NICHROME
AND 26 g 9/10 wraps quad
I'm satisfied, battery last longer, mod doesn't get warm to touch.. IMO

VAPE ON
You know that cuz....they don't tell you that piece of info....you also forgot to mention Clapton's drink more juice then a 70's muscle car does....lol...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know that cuz....they don't tell you that piece of info....you also forgot to mention Clapton's drink more juice then a 70's muscle car does....lol...

I AGREE!!!
I have to buy 4 new 18650 batts, damn you CLAPTONS
LOL

VAPE ON

shahdawon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I AGREE!!!
I have to buy 4 new 18650 batts, damn you CLAPTONS
LOL

VAPE ON
I had to do that for my sx mini...can't wait for a 2x18650 mod by yihi...I love this machine...lol

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I couldn't help myself yesterday, I gave Clapton a try one more time , this time it was fused Clapton,
My based is 26 NICHROME and 32 kanthal
I almost got but it turned out to be different,
I end up doing a twisted fused Clapton LOL
IT came out .23 ohms
All I can say is the HYPE IS REAL,
And FYI you have to use a high VG juice on this Claptons though!
Check this out, it's ugly but men works just fine
719a2a73df96e65350da9cc0802e0a69.jpg
See that?
And the flavor,WOW
I'm using a clone velocity!!

VAPE ON

sprojam34

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Flavor is really good off clapton though!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
A simple clapton isnt a battery drainer...These are my Big Flavor/Cloud builds....In a tube you'll feel the quality drop in less then 7 minutes and almost nonexistent in 12
20150929_131535.jpg 20151004_205825.jpg
Now this is a Battery saver: Fused clapton in a Atlantis V2 coilhead...Give it a Try!
20151006_120930.jpg
Simple clapton 24/32g...
20150922_114153.jpg

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

TheFlash

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haha making claptons is too troublesome for me. I just buy the UD clapton coil.
Fasttech is coming out with more and more premade coils, and I got the UD clapton wire. Just need to find it again...

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fasttech is coming out with more and more premade coils, and I got the UD clapton wire. Just need to find it again...
It is troublesome especially when you don't have time, I'm getting and better everyday dude, practice practice

VAPE ON

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah ive never made any advanced wire....definitely just buy the wire premade. there are more and more stores online selling premade advanced wire (and coils premade) like clapton of course, but also various twisted, fused clapton, zipper etc. I actually just ordered several of those types of advanced wire...i'll wrap it myself but i certainly have no desire to make those types.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah ive never made any advanced wire....definitely just buy the wire premade. there are more and more stores online selling premade advanced wire (and coils premade) like clapton of course, but also various twisted, fused clapton, zipper etc. I actually just ordered several of those types of advanced wire...i'll wrap it myself but i certainly have no desire to make those types.
I agree, I bought some fused claps and caterpillar coils on Instagram,
Check em out
c9970121a0877fcf009dc5383277e397.jpg
ccb2e317803ecc35ecdb365f363bf34a.jpg

Just looking at this coils dude, it made me realized, there's no way i can make something like this btw this seller uses twisted messes NICHROME, not really sure the difference but what ever!!
30 bucks shipped!!

VAPE ON

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Check the build master on IG dude and he has an eBay store as well, how much does he sell his coils?

VAPE ON

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
are you asking how much your guy charges or the guy i buy from? If you mean my guy, I paid $40 including shipping for like 5-7 sets of coils of varying "craziness." I know some people may giggle at someone buying a premade coil, but when its a staged alien with nichrome mixed with kanthal -- thats way above any level I even want to get into. Id rather just buy it. lol

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
are you asking how much your guy charges or the guy i buy from? If you mean my guy, I paid $40 including shipping for like 5-7 sets of coils of varying "craziness." I know some people may giggle at someone buying a premade coil, but when its a staged alien with nichrome mixed with kanthal -- thats way above any level I even want to get into. Id rather just buy it. lol
Not bad dude,
This coils aren't easy to build, especially if ur selling em you know!! I just built my own version of Clapton last night lol I will save this precious expensive wires

VAPE ON

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've tried claptons, and fused claptons, with centers being helix, nichrome, titanium, and kanthal, in an assortment of gauges. Clapton do vape well, great vapor and flavor. I've also compared them on identical RDA's and mods with the coils being the only difference. I am not a huge fan of the ramp up delay on claptons. That outer wrap is acting as nothing but a heat sink and adds nothing electrically. On my sigelei 150, A dual 26 gauge wrapped parallel performs really close to a clapton, a lot less trouble to build, and easier on the batteries.

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've tried claptons, and fused claptons, with centers being helix, nichrome, titanium, and kanthal, in an assortment of gauges. Clapton do vape well, great vapor and flavor. I've also compared them on identical RDA's and mods with the coils being the only difference. I am not a huge fan of the ramp up delay on claptons. That outer wrap is acting as nothing but a heat sink and adds nothing electrically. On my sigelei 150, A dual 26 gauge wrapped parallel performs really close to a clapton, a lot less trouble to build, and easier on the batteries.
Agreed on this. Long ramp up time plus seems to heat up the entire atty like crazy.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with the difficulty and ramp up time dude, I my self got so frustrated as well, but everytime I go back to my regular quad coil 26 g, classic micro coil 22g 4/5 wraps NICHROME, it's just different IMO, I just can't get satisfied with those built anymore I kept going back to claps, I finally nailed a fused 26 g nichrome 32 outer ramp up time was too much by the time it's hot and ready my cotton is already dry, then I tried a Clapton 22g then 32 g 4/5 wraps on. 2mm diameter men came out to .18 ohms WOW that's was my sweet spot! I'm vaping on it on my 2 adv, I'm hitting it at 70 watts 3volts on my sig 150 OG!! I loved it!!
28919d882471c48cbd18c904e17b0d5c.jpg
69955721a06d7345067e2bc9e94b77b8.jpg

VAPE ON

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So fucking what. Clapton coil is nice but I can do better. For Me it's clouds Then Flavor. Juice is huge. Clapton is like waiting for a electric heater to come on. I like Ginny's also. But damn, this week. Just my point. :cool:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So fucking what. Clapton coil is nice but I can do better. For Me it's clouds Then Flavor. Juice is huge. Clapton is like waiting for a electric heater to come on. I like Ginny's also. But damn, this week. Just my point. :cool:
Get a regulated box mod cloud slut

VAPE ON

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sure do. 26650 does a nice job.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk
I agree, I was a congestus/HADES junkie for a long time before I jump and never look back to tubes,
Tubes gives a real vaping cloud experience though, especially if you a fresh battery in, pure Voltage yummines, I don't blame you for finding claps annoying!

VAPE ON

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love all of them. I have a buffing wheel on a grinder to shine brass, copper& shit. Tank hits like a big dog on the right mod.

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you two either know each other or you let jabs roll off pretty easily. haha

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No I don't personally know him, but I have seen his posts! I can't relate most of the times

VAPE ON

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I claim to be old. I have picked up some tricks of life along the way.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I ever get to the point I know what is going on, you will be the first to know.

TheFlash

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It is troublesome especially when you don't have time, I'm getting and better everyday dude, practice practice

VAPE ON
Just buy it. Takes 2 secs

Plus I feel that the delicate hands of whichever 8 year old is making the coil, makes the wraps just a little more tighter.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pen lighter to torch a .28 on 24 build. 3.5 mm inside stuffed with the cotton of your choice. 8 wraps is what I use. Works best on Kay Fun types.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Flavor makes you laugh, enjoy vaping, the cloud is just a way to remind you of your ability to quit smoking.

mkhilario

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hate how claptons continue to atomize the juice even after you release the fire button. Do twisted wires do this also?

I've gone back to normal kanthal after trying several clapton builds but am considering trying some twisted builds.

Last edited:
Check this out: Fused Clapton Wire 15' roll Stainless Steel wire 2 core 26 gauge with 32 gauge wrap available on ebay.

VU Sponsors