Become a Patron!

Cinnamon sugar?

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a recipe that needs a touch of cinnamon sugar. Actually, it needs a touch of something that tastes like the cereal Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but I'll settle for just a straight cinnamon sugar.

I've tried HIC's suggestion of FA Cinnamon / Meringue. I think it'll be good for some things, just not for this one.

Does anyone have another recommendation?

Thanks!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
IMO, it totally depends on the other flavors in your recipe. You just need plenty of some sweet flavor(s) in combination with FA Cinnamon.
For example in a nutty recipe, Marzipan will add the sweetness you want and the almond wouldn't interfere.
In light-flavored candy, Toronne would do the same. In highly-flavored candies, Caramel and/or Butterscotch.
In bakery, sweet vanilla. Vanilla Tahiti is FA's sweetest, but it would have to be compatible with your other flavors. ...sometimes Marshmallow + Cinnamon for bakery stuff.
In coffees, the coffee part can usually disguise the tang of Meringue enough to make it a sweetener.
With fruits, Meringue...

What are your other flavors?

For cinnamon toast cereal, some graham cracker might help there, and/or a pie crust flavor + cinnamon + sweetener if you use it.

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been chasing my tail on a quest for an El Kamino substitute. For the longest time I thought it was Black & Mild, some cocoa, and graham.

I laid off of it for a few weeks, and then loaded it up in a fresh Kayfun. Much to my surprise, the flavor I'd been interpreting as graham seems to actually be the cinnamon toast crunch flavor.

I changed up my recipe last night, mixing it with less graham (I still think it's present) and adding the cinnamon and meringue. I can barely taste the cinnamon (needs another .5%), and it's now got a strange taste at the end. I'm assuming it's the meringue, but won't know for sure until I mix up a couple of alternates plus another control batch.

To date, my attempts at cloning EK have been miserable failures.
The good news is that some of those attempts, assuming a little tweaking, would be quite vapable :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I've been chasing my tail on a quest for an El Kamino substitute. For the longest time I thought it was Black & Mild, some cocoa, and graham.

Oooh, a tobacco. I wouldn't add Meringue there; it's too peppy.

I read the reviews and descriptions I could find on El Kamino. Seems to be a lot of debate over what the actual flavors are, but all the descriptions sound compatible with Marzipan. Just 0.5% would add sweetness for the Cinnamon, and it's a flavor that's really super with tobaccos. Marzipan goes well with all the other flavors various vapers taste in El Kamino: graham, cocoa, mocha, cinnamon, banana, etc.

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn!
I swear it's a conspiracy to get me to buy all of the FA flavors. :)

I tried to get my wife to tell me what she tastes in EK.
Did you know "Bleh" is a flavor?
Lol. She hates the stuff, and I can't do without it. Go figure.

Anyhow, thanks to all for the recommendations. I can try a few of these with what I have on hand; the rest will have to wait 'till I make my next order.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think FW Cinnamon Roll is kinda like a Cinnamon Toast Crunch flavor at 6-7%.

Cinnamon Dreams by CreepyLady on ECF

FA Catalan Cream 1%
FA Cinnamon Ceylon .75%
FA Coconut .5%
FA Fresh Cream .5%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 3%
TFA Whipped Cream 3%

Haven't tried this yet but it sounded good anyway...

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lol, some of mine were, Blah, Meh, Yuk, and Crap.

Such descriptive terms we use around here...

VU Sponsors