Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Has anyone else used this?

I put together a mix of cinnamon, french vanilla, graham cracker, and lemonade. It's been steeping for three days now. Yesterday the lemonade finally showed up in the taste of the juice.

But I'm also tasting something else spicy that isn't cinnamon. It isn't bad, it just isn't cinnamon. It's almost like a cardamom taste, something very slightly soapy.

My taste buds, like my hearing and sense of smell, really work overtime. Think I might be what my friend Jan calls a "supertaster."

Might end up replacing VW's cinnamon with Hangsen's cinnamon. Just looking for feedback, though, because this taste just revealed itself this morning.

Surely they wouldn't "enhance" lemonade or graham cracker with some obscure spice? Now that I'm thinking about it, it's odd that this showed up right after the lemonade.

Thanks!

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Maybe too high %s with the flavors and my first guess if I was in your shoes would be the cinnamon, nicotine or combination of both.

Cinnamon can be a tricky one and unless in very small amounts it seems like you almost have to add cinnamon to a certain amount to cater the recipe towards what device you are vaping on. What may be awesome in a mini subohm type tank, my only be mild in flavor in a larger tank like a i dont know... smok prince. And what may be awesome in that tank might make an rda setup feel like someone just dumped 5 pounds of red hots in your mouth and lungs.

Can you share the recipe / amounts you used? Might be something that ca help

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Maybe too high %s with the flavors and my first guess if I was in your shoes would be the cinnamon, nicotine or combination of both.

Cinnamon can be a tricky one and unless in very small amounts it seems like you almost have to add cinnamon to a certain amount to cater the recipe towards what device you are vaping on. What may be awesome in a mini subohm type tank, my only be mild in flavor in a larger tank like a i dont know... smok prince. And what may be awesome in that tank might make an rda setup feel like someone just dumped 5 pounds of red hots in your mouth and lungs.

Can you share the recipe / amounts you used? Might be something that ca help

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/2275707/Sweet Cinnamon

I have no idea if the way I've lined this up will display right.

Note that I did want cinnamon to be dominant in this recipe, just toned down slightly with the lemon, vanilla, and cracker. Hangsen Cinnamon juice (which tastes like it's nothing but cinnamon) is one of my faves.

Also, and maybe I'm just observing this wrong, but it doesn't taste like it's too much or not enough cinnamon. The problem is that other flavor I'm picking up. I guess this is why I should have test vaped the individual flavors before I used them in a mix.

I measured flavors, sweetener, and nicotine in drops. Used syringes to measure PG and VG.

Also, vaping it at about 12W in a Kabuki clone with a 1.6 ohm Nautilus coil on a Sigelei MiniBook, if that helps.

ml drops %

Nicotine juice 100 mg (50/50 PG/VG) 1.20 36 12.00

PG dilutant 4.40 132 44.00

VG dilutant 2.74 83 27.40

Total base 8.34 251 83.40

1.0% Sweetener Additive (TPA) 0.01 1 0.10

110-Lemonade 0.25 8 2.50

1:10 Cinnamon Spice (TPA) 0.90 27 9.00

French vanilla 0.25 8 2.50

Graham Cracker (TPA) 0.25 8 2.50

Totals 10 303 100

Suggested steep time: 5 days

Strength: 12 mg
PG/VG-ratio: 50/50
Flavor total: 1.66 ml / 1.93g (16.6%)
Drops per ml: 30

Last edited:

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
If I am reading that right it looks like 9% cinnamon - that does seem high, it could be part of the culprit. Its timely but it may be worth mixing up some juice with no flavors and test the nicotine, then the flavors you have in separate amounts, or deconstruct the recipe... make it without cinnamon if you still have that taste mix up and remove another flavor-I would really use this option as a last resort as you may be having some flavors reacting with each other. It just needs to be isolated. **note** you will use less flavor by just mixing up testers of each flavor.

And I dont want to suggest this but could it be the coil? Do you get the same flavor on another setup/device?

Going on a limb but I think a tester of 9% cinnamon, nic or coil would be some of my first guesses...

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
If I am reading that right it looks like 9% cinnamon - that does seem high, it could be part of the culprit. Its timely but it may be worth mixing up some juice with no flavors and test the nicotine, then the flavors you have in separate amounts, or deconstruct the recipe... make it without cinnamon if you still have that taste mix up and remove another flavor-I would really use this option as a last resort as you may be having some flavors reacting with each other. It just needs to be isolated. **note** you will use less flavor by just mixing up testers of each flavor.

And I dont want to suggest this but could it be the coil? Do you get the same flavor on another setup/device?

Going on a limb but I think a tester of 9% cinnamon, nic or coil would be some of my first guesses...

I will try it on another device when I get home. Also will try it after it's saturated that coil all day. I just put the coil in last night, so it really isn't well broken in yet.

For sure a couple of ml of 9% cinnamon would tell me something. Dunno, for some reason my hunch is that the flavor I'm picking up might be coming from the graham cracker, now that I've thought about it for a while. Will work with it. Thanks so much!

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
What mod / coils are you using?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
What mod / coils are you using?

Vaping it at about 12W in a Kabuki clone with a 1.6 ohm Nautilus coil on a Sigelei MiniBook

ETA: OMG, I just thought of something. I took the heat sink and drip tip off my Zephyrus and put it on the Kabuki this morning. I had been vaping a juice that's really strong, tastes like maple syrup and pancakes in the Zephyrus. I wonder if what I'm tasting is coming from that? Cause I swear, when I was using a brand new glass drip tip last night, I didn't taste it.

First thing I'm going to do when I get home is wash the inside of that heat sink and drip tip. I want to use it on that Kabuki, cause it just looks so damn neat.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My mixes that don't contain cinnamon are doing fine. I think the verdict is in. I am going to replace that Vape Wild cinnamon with Hangsen, next time I place an order with BCF. I think I just don't like it - there's a flavor there that doesn't belong.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My mixes that don't contain cinnamon are doing fine. I think the verdict is in. I am going to replace that Vape Wild cinnamon with Hangsen, next time I place an order with BCF. I think I just don't like it - there's a flavor there that doesn't belong.
If you wanna go big cinnamon, FLV Rich Cinnamon is one drop strong. It’s soooo good! I also recommend FA Ceylon Cinnamon. Never had the Hangsen. Maybe someone else can chime in.....

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
If you wanna go big cinnamon, FLV Rich Cinnamon is one drop strong. It’s soooo good! I also recommend FA Ceylon Cinnamon. Never had the Hangsen. Maybe someone else can chime in.....
I have it, but just like FA honey, menthol, mints I did dilute it. Probably not necessary but while I love spicy food I hate vaping spicy/burny flavors. Not sure what it is but my body doesn't agree with it. Its a good cinnamon tho, but I wouldn't go overboard with it lol

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Funkiness from my first cinnamon mix is gone now that we've arrived at the morning of day 6.

NOTE: Steeping is important. Duh.

VU Sponsors