Become a Patron!

China Bashing - I Don’t Get It

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Some just bash shit they have no first hand experience with and go on what they read or saw in a video. Like I said before the masses are asses and some are more of an ass than we can imagine.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dang glad I have a few. The bottom filling never really bothered me. Dripping is more inconvenient. Thank God for squonks.
Same here. Been bottom filling the same STM with RBA for well over 2 years and no issues so far and does not dribble like the Toptanks tend to do.
Had 2 leaks in all that time.
One was bad wicking on my part and the other time I had lost the Oring off the RBA deck.
Been using the same KBOX mini 50W with it all that time too.
At least 1 tank per day thru that rig.

have 4 Kbox mini backups and about 7 STM's with extra parts so should be good for at least 20 years :)

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, aside from several innokin pocketmods I purchased this past December for xmas gifts to a few smoker buddies, I haven't been following the latest news out of Shenzhen, or with vapeworld in general for that matter. Only so many ways you can heat up glycerine and inhale it to give a shit about anymore lol

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What I find interesting about China is that they were the enemy of the US due to ideological differences. The fact that China is a communist country has scared many people in the west. Other than fucking with the US in Vietnam, we really haven't had many geopolitical problems until recently when they decided that half of the Pacific belongs to them. Every right-minded American knows the entire Pacific belongs to us.

Many Americans can't uncouple the ideas of democracy and capitalism. Many still believe that capitalism isn't possible without democracy. China's economic ascendancy has put that idea in the grave. The US has gladly and fully embraced China the economy, but many still are very uncomfortable with China, the godless communists. The world has always been a place where many powerful states existed and balanced each other out politically, economically and militarily. The aberration of the bi-polar world of the Cold War era is over and the world is moving back to multiple powers constantly challenging each other. Most of the world is fine with it and many welcome it. It scares the fuck out of Americans. Hence, the tone of "conversations" such as these.

But here's the thing: "communism" is by definition an economic system, which the Chinese can no longer really be said to embrace, loving money as they've learned to do -- what they are is basically fascist totalitarian oppressors, which runs counter to everything people will stand up and salute, in the US, even if we are ourselves oppressed by an increasingly-fascist govt of our own. Democracy? Hah fucking hah -- it's meant to be a democratic republic, but I'm not really seeing that ideal in much practice anymore; it's actually more like a plutocracy, or an oligarchy -- the rich, or the rich corporations, run the US, not The People, as was intended.

Andria

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
If it wasn't for China I would be smoking right now.

If it wasn't for cheap clones I wouldn't be able to try anything new.

If it wasn't for DIY I'd still be ordering just enough juice to last me a month from the cheapest websites.

If it wasn't for online shopping I'd still be buying the cheapest juice in the bargain bin and mixing it with VG.

If it wasn't for VU, ECF and Reddit I'd still be using unregulated devices.

If it wasn't for China I wouldn't be here right now.

China Fuck Yeah! Anyone who says otherwise is either in a better position that me or are deaf, dumb and blind.

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I bet no one minds some ECF Bashing.............. Flack you Returded1
I just don't get why he's still a mod, most mods should be banned TBH, shame whats happened to that place, vendors trying to make contests get fucking banned, it's horrible.

I had to make a contest for a manufacturer because they were banned repeatedly....

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
China bashing is a bit of a generalized statement. It's more than just that the products are coming from China, it's the quality and in some cases a lack thereof. At least that's my gripe but not with all Chinese companies though.

I don't blame China, they created the e-cig and I am grateful for that. I blame our politicians for all the outsourced manufacturing for the current state of unemployment.

I'd go further into it but @AndreaD, you covered anything I have left to say and have hit the nail on the head in every one of your posts in this thread. I tip my baseball cap to you! :vino:

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
While the FDA is a problem, it is one of many. Outrageous state taxes, potential trade issues with China, flavor bans, etc. Also, our industry is basically a one source supplier. Imagine all cars only being made in any given country.

Then there's the model that new innovation gets bought up and further developed by larger companies who can deal with the regulations. Pharm is a good example.

Fast forward to Aug 8. Assuming products introduced over the past 2 years get pulled, will China ramp up production of the tfv4, Herakles, Cuboid, and rx200? Would vapers buy those in 2018? Would online and B&M shops stock these again? Coils?

I could survive with 2016 gear until 2022, even if tobacco is the only available flavor, but will anyone outside the black market sell it? Otherwise, we will have closed pod systems with big taxes added, pending the iqos and whatever else Altria can get approved, if anything.

Not trying to be a pessimist but a permanent witch hunt rarely ends well. China is hardly harmless, with their labor, quality, and occasionally safety practices. But we will sure miss them when they're gone.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While the FDA is a problem, it is one of many. Outrageous state taxes, potential trade issues with China, flavor bans, etc. Also, our industry is basically a one source supplier. Imagine all cars only being made in any given country.

Then there's the model that new innovation gets bought up and further developed by larger companies who can deal with the regulations. Pharm is a good example.

Fast forward to Aug 8. Assuming products introduced over the past 2 years get pulled, will China ramp up production of the tfv4, Herakles, Cuboid, and rx200? Would vapers buy those in 2018? Would online and B&M shops stock these again? Coils?

I could survive with 2016 gear until 2022, even if tobacco is the only available flavor, but will anyone outside the black market sell it? Otherwise, we will have closed pod systems with big taxes added, pending the iqos and whatever else Altria can get approved, if anything.

Not trying to be a pessimist but a permanent witch hunt rarely ends well. China is hardly harmless, with their labor, quality, and occasionally safety practices. But we will sure miss them when they're gone.
I'm sure there were people who missed Slavery in the south after the civil war as well,and ran around like chicken little saying thew world was gonna end ...and the economy was gonna die...it didn't. Like drug addicts we are so drenched in our addiction we see that real health is worse than death.and don't have the mental clarity to see beyond our next score.

VU Sponsors