Become a Patron!

Chest hurts from vaping

Hi, lately my upper chest has been feeling sore whenever I breath in deeply. I vape off of the Evic VT with the ego one mega tank, and I alternate between 3 and 6 mg ejuice. I am not sure what the blend is as it doesn't say on the bottle, but the company is cumulus vapors.

I have had this pain for maybe a month or so, however I am more recently noticing it has become slightly more noticeably painful. I notice the pain more whenever I am sitting down or in a slouched position more so than I do whenever i am standing up

I am a daily vaper.When I vape, I have the airflow fully open and I almost always take large lung hits. I should confess that about 5 or 6 days ago me and my friends(who have the same mod as me) were taking hits from all three of our mods at once. So basically I was vaping my mod, and my 2 friends mods all at once and it was really intense and I had a cough attack after doing it but i did it maybe a dozen times that day(not smart at all I know) and I'm sure that contributes to it, but my friends aren't feeling chest pains like I am. So I haven't been vaping the past few days to see if it goes away, although it's only been today and yesterday. Point is, I'm not noticing much of a difference as far as pain goes.

Do you think it's because of my stupid stunt of taking hits off of 3 mods at once, or do I maybe have a sickness or an allergy? Or is it a freak thing?

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Obviously a doc is the best to ask...but its possible you developed soreness from the coughing fit you had.

Some people don't react well to PG, causes aches and pains etc. You don't say how old you are, I'm guessing pretty young from your story, but especially for older people it is possible to crack a rib from coughing if you do it hard enough.

You say you haven't been vaping for a few days. Have you been smoking instead? If not I suggest you stick to only breathing in air from now on, or at least stick to 0mg liquid if you really want to vape anyway. If your friends take the piss you could always tip it into an empty 9mg bottle. Nicotine addiction sneaks up on you, you don't know about it until it's too late. I hope I don't sound too much like I'm lecturing you, it's just that plenty of people told me the same thing about paper cigs, and I really wish I had listened.

I can't see how using 3 at once would be any worse than using a single really powerful one, so I wouldn't worry about that. Also, if you were in pain before that, it can't have been the cause.

If you are in a place with free/cheap medical care I would go get checked out just to be safe, but otherwise I think lay of the vape and you will be fine.

PickNic Basket

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Consider the flavor of your e-liquid.
There are flavor ingredients (such as cinnamic aldehyde, vanillan, etc.) that can be irritants.

Maybe just lay off or cut down for a few days, and then see a doctor if it doesn't ease up.
I agree that the soreness may be from the coughing fit.

VU Sponsors