Become a Patron!

Cherry bomber tips

mikemarkley89

Member For 4 Years
Finally got myself a wooden cherry bomber mod and I gotta be honest... It doesn't hit as hard as I thought it would, don't get me wrong I effin love it. Maybe it's just my lack of experience with a dual unregulated setup.

Currently have dual parallel 26g kanthal wrapped 5 times don't quite know the diameter, but I figure it's about as big as the ink cartridge of a cheap bic pen. Using 2 mxjo 18650s and 2 Samsung inr 20a continuous batteries. Build reads at .22 on a dark horse atty.
f4333d70b87bb34a5af118627f8f218f.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The wood cherry bomber mods aren't true mechanical mods like the metal ones are, which is why it doesn't hit as hard. It's just a plain ol parallel mosfet box mod. (with nice looking wood!!)

Walmart has these for 2 bucks to wrap coils with. dual purpose !

screwdrivers.jpg

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The wood cherry bomber mods aren't true mechanical mods like the metal ones are, which is why it doesn't hit as hard. It's just a plain ol parallel mosfet box mod. (with nice looking wood!!)

Walmart has these for 2 bucks to wrap coils with. dual purpose !

View attachment 26993
We have a similar brand in the UK, I think they are called blacksteel that I use. Be careful if you actually use them though, where they are so thin it is had to grip and unscrew, and also the metal is quite soft so does wear away easily if you start spinning in a screw.

Last edited:

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear you. A cheap tool is useless at best. I have paid as much as 35.00 for a single screw driver. :cool:
Except we aren't working on Porsche's or Mercedes Benz here.. lol

A good friend of mine use to work for Swift Racing, back when they were building Indy (CART) & Formula Atlantic race cars. I used one of his 50 dollar screwdrivers to open a paint can once, and he about came unglued

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Except we aren't working on Porsche's or Mercedes Benz here.. lol

A good friend of mine use to work for Swift Racing, back when they were building Indy (CART) & Formula Atlantic race cars. I used one of his 50 dollar screwdrivers to open a paint can once, and he about came unglued
Almost everyone here that knows me, knows I'm a Wrench/maker of custom motorcycles, ect. Tools are like Condoms, unless you use a quality ones, your going to have problems. :cool:

shakka_vapes_act

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
5 wraps 22g 3mm nichrome or low resistance wire for the cherry always use an ohm reader
For building i use 150mm brass rods off ebay nowadays in sizes 2, 2.5, 3, 3.2, 3.5 and 4mm keep my screwdrivers for screwdriving

mikemarkley89

Member For 4 Years
I bought a bunch of 22g wire and now its alot better. Still doesnt compete to my single battery mod but not many people around me have wooden mods lol

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Almost everyone here that knows me, knows I'm a Wrench/maker of custom motorcycles, ect. Tools are like Condoms, unless you use a quality ones, your going to have problems. :cool:
AMEN TO THAT! I was always working on cars and whatnot before I started having more issues with my back/nerve pain, its insane the difference it can make when your using craftsmen compared to the all infamous MADE IN CHINA lol

Hey guys, new to the forum, got a question on output with my cherry bomber. Got it a couple years ago and it's done nothing but made me happy with building (aside from having to replace the button spring like most do). I've always wondered what the wattage output on it comes out to since I'm sure there is a bit of a drain as far as power goes seeing as how the whole thing runs the current. Running 2 NXJO batts at 3.7V, 35A. Any info on the output helps!

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys, new to the forum, got a question on output with my cherry bomber. Got it a couple years ago and it's done nothing but made me happy with building (aside from having to replace the button spring like most do). I've always wondered what the wattage output on it comes out to since I'm sure there is a bit of a drain as far as power goes seeing as how the whole thing runs the current. Running 2 NXJO batts at 3.7V, 35A. Any info on the output helps!
Ahh, I'm wracking my brains as I am sure there is a way to find out with a multimeter across the positive and negative @SirRichardRear you might remember this? My damage up top makes me forgetful.

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Finally got myself a wooden cherry bomber mod and I gotta be honest... It doesn't hit as hard as I thought it would, don't get me wrong I effin love it. Maybe it's just my lack of experience with a dual unregulated setup.

Currently have dual parallel 26g kanthal wrapped 5 times don't quite know the diameter, but I figure it's about as big as the ink cartridge of a cheap bic pen. Using 2 mxjo 18650s and 2 Samsung inr 20a continuous batteries. Build reads at .22 on a dark horse atty.
f4333d70b87bb34a5af118627f8f218f.jpg

That is a cool little mod, bubba.

Something you might catch a fella carrying into a saloon in the old West.

Don’t blow yerself up.

Sent from Imperial Star Destroyer Executor

VU Sponsors